Timothy McVeigh not caught:continues to plant bombs

Dunash

Banned
WI Timothy McVeigh was never caught and no group ever claimed responsibility for the Oklahoma bombing? Muslims would be suspected, but without evidence. What would Clinton, or the "forces" behind him have made with the opportunity, if anything? Come 911, the Muslims would for sure have been credited with Oklahoma as well. In the interim, would McVeigh have continued to plant bombs, or would he likely have felt that his action was sufficient to still his grudge with the Federal Government?

I think the FBI suspected a homegrown wacko from the very beginning, because the OK bomb went off the same day and month that Waco was burned, IIRC....

oops, that should have said when Koresh's compound in Waco was burned... nobody burned down Waco... I've never been there, but I'm pretty sure it's still there... ;)

McVeigh targeted the Alfred P. Murrah building b/c the ATF, which presided over the Waco raid, had a good-sized presence there. Earlier, he'd thought about going after Janet Reno and Bill Clinton for their involvement. Perhaps, now that's he's hurt "the underlings" a bit, he'll go after those two.

McVeigh's capture was a fluke; he was stopped for an expired license plate and the ticketing officer thought he was suspicious, so he decided to take him in for questioning. Either we get rid of that traffic stop or have him overpower the policeman (McVeigh was armed, but according to interviews, he respected "local police" and thus didn't fight) and we can have him get away. Of course, the later option means that he'll probably be hunted as a cop-killer (or cop-shooter-and-leaver-for-dead).

Some Muslim groups have claimed the post-OKC anti-terrorist stuff was targeted at them; though it's unlikely a foreign terrorist would think much of the incineration of a bunch of cultist, it could have been an attempt by an Islamist to "cover his tracks."