Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 788374
This is a map showing the nations in which the FRIENDS from the show FRIENDS (1994-2004) visited. WARNING: SPOILERS AS TO THE PLOT OF A TV SHOW. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK
United States: This is where the show mainly takes place.
Canada: Ross, in The One with the Girl from Poughkeepsie, rides a train to Poughkeepsie to break up with a girl, but fell asleep on the train and woke up, with another girl, in Montreal, and where is Montreal? Canada. Also, in The One with all the Fun (?), Ross and Chandler wound up in Nova Scotia whilst partying with Ralph "Gandalf" Ganderson.
Barbados: In the One in Barbados, Parts One and Two, Ross had a Paleontology conference in Barbados, and the FRIENDS all went there with him "totally wishing to listen to his speech more than anything else."
United Kingdom: In multiple episodes in Season 4 and one episode in Season 5, all of the FRIENDS, excluding Phoebe, are in London for Ross and Emily's wedding.
Bahamas: The Bahamas was a storyline that, as revealed in the commentary for the episode, was only given a scene as the original story was Chandler joked, saying he had a bomb. Of course, a few days after recording, well, a couple towers fell, so they changed it to them getting to the Bahamas, and encountering another couple on honeymoon.
Greece: The destination for Ross and Emily's honeymoon, however Emily saw Ross give Rachel her ticket, and Rachel went to Athens by herself.
Yemen: Chandler flew to Yemen to get away from his 3-times Ex-Girlfriend.
China: At the end of Season 1, Ross flew to China for a bone, and a date.

Please tell me any of your thoughts.
Actually, Ross and Chandler refer to a time when they wound up in Nova Scotia. In the One where they're Going to Party*, they don't actually end up hanging out with Gandalf, the party wizard, because Gandalf's flight was canceled in Chicago (?). But nice map and premise.

From my TL The Free republic of Outremeuse
A Map of 1933 Europe
Here Germany won WW1 , incorporated german Part of Austria Hungary after they dissolved peacefully.
The Ottoman empire collapsed into brutal Civil war, were Germany support Bulgaria, England supported Greece and Italy to intervene.
Sadly there was no Mustafa Kemal Atatürk to stop them

52492104702_a2039028b0_b.jpg
How many Duchies do you see being formed from the various islands of Germans in Hungary and Transylvania? And, now that I look at it, Ukraine and Slovakia. Britain must have done pretty poorly to lose Malta, Gibraltar, and the Channel Islands.

Actually, Ross and Chandler refer to a time when they wound up in Nova Scotia. In the One where they're Going to Party*, they don't actually end up hanging out with Gandalf, the party wizard, because Gandalf's flight was canceled in Chicago (?). But nice map and premise.
I do know that. I still colored Canada purple, because of one scene in Montreal. Ross physically couldn't break up with any one of the 3 girls that day.

I do know that. I still colored Canada purple, because of one scene in Montreal. Ross physically couldn't break up with any one of the 3 girls that day.
There's a hilarious blooper where David Schwimmer whimpers "Poor Ross" and Lisa Kudrow absolutely loses it saying, between heaves and tears, "Have you seen the show?" I think about that a lot.

There's a hilarious blooper where David Schwimmer whimpers "Poor Ross" and Lisa Kudrow absolutely loses it saying, between heaves and tears, "Have you seen the show?" I think about that a lot.
Yup. Introducing FRIENDS! A show where we #@%$ Ross over and over again! lol. (I saw that blooper too!)
Anyway, I have just further zoomed in the earlier map that started this (gotta keep this on topic). Subdivisions!
1668195086002.png

Purple in Southern US: Joey went the "south route" to get to LA to record a movie.
Nevada: the one in LA, where Ross and Rachel got married.
Kansas: I decided to choose this scene for when Joey was falling asleep on the way back from LA, and picked up a drifter.
Oklahoma: Chandler worked in Tulsa.
New Jersey: Didn't Rachel leave for France from there?
New York: Watch the show
Vermont: Ross woke up with Emily there.
Quebec: Ross woke up with a Canadian there.
Nova Scotia and New Brunswick: Ross would have followed her home.
North Andros: Picked what I thought was the location of Nassau
Barbados: The One in Barbados
London: All the British scenes.
Lazio: Richard took Monica there
Yemen: Chandler escaped Janice
China: Ross needed a bone, came back with a girl.

Are those grey spots throughout Eastern Europe German exclaves? Also, beautiful map
yes there former German Austrian enclave in Austria-Hungary Empire
They became protectorate of Great German Reich
Their allot politic dispute in Berlin Reichstag to annex those into the Reich or make independent micro states out it.
The Protectorate serve as politic compromise and as protection of Germans there vs hostile locals...
...like Hungary or Kingdom of Yugoslavia.

How many Duchies do you see being formed from the various islands of Germans in Hungary and Transylvania? And, now that I look at it, Ukraine and Slovakia. Britain must have done pretty poorly to lose Malta, Gibraltar, and the Channel Islands.
i forgot Gibraltar and the Channel Islands, so far i know was Malta under protection of Britain, but not part British Empire...

i forgot Gibraltar and the Channel Islands, so far i know was Malta under protection of Britain, but not part British Empire...
Malta was a Crown Colony. Even today they have a British Medal on their flag, a reward they got during WWII. Or perhaps they preferred having the George Cross over something stereotypical, like a Maltese cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.