As Dreamers Do Part Deux

This Just In!
Major studios meet today with WGN, Bally to discuss animated material for Bozo revival slated for 2010
Chicago Tribune; March 18, 2008
I do hope we get some changes in the list. I mean, over half a decade has changed since.
Here's a who's who for today's meeting...

Bally's Inc.
Herb Scannell; Chairman of the Board
Mike Richardson; Founder and president of Dark Horse Comics
Jim Davis; Creator of Garfield and head of Unicorn, Dark Horse's new kids label
Tom Ruegger; President of Luxor Animation
Joey D'Auria; The former Bozo
Tom Kenny; The new Bozo
Having Joey D'Auria still on board as of now is a nice passing of the torch, but having Jim Davis head an entire comics label is a giant leap up from his Garfield days of yore.

And calling it Unicorn, which would be the polar opposite of the Dark Horse name? It got a chuckle out of me, as well as 20% of my wallet.
The Jim Henson Company
John Lasseter; Head of Henson Animation (HA!)
Brian Henson; Head of Touchstone Pictures
So, who's the new Chairman of Henson? Just curious.
Columbia-Tristar
Bruce Timm; Chief Creative Officer of Columbia-TriStar Animation
Clive A. Smith, Patrick Loubert, Michael Hirsh; Founders of Nelvana
Blanche Boudreaux; Host of Cartooning Made Easy
Bruce Timm being the head officer of something is fantastic, and you can't split up the Nelvana founders without firing all of them, or hiring a good enough replacement.
Warner Bros.
Mario Kassar; Chairman of Warner Bros. Entertainment, Inc.
Joe and Stephanie Macdonald; Co-chairs of Warner Bros. Animation
Here's a thought: What if Columbia and WB collaborated on a Nintendo project ITTL? I mean, their CEO is named Mario, for crying out loud!
TBS-Paramount
Geraldine Laybourne; Chairwoman of the Board
Sam Register; President of Paramount Animation
Not bad. Having a girl lead the entire studio does number the glass ceilng's days.
Disney Enterprises, Inc.
Walt Disney, Jr; Chairman of the Board
Margarest Loesch; Vice Chairwoman
Sir Daniel Abbott; President of Walt Disney Classic Animation
Could one of Walt Jr.'s children or grandchildren become the new chairperson later on?

With that said, who leads their other animation divisions?
Peacock
Michael Eisner; Chairman of the Board
Gale Anne Hurd; Vice President of Universal Studios
Jeffrey Katzenberg; Head of Peacock Animation
Not bad.
Saban Metromedia
Haim Saban; Founder
Andy Heyward; Head of New Line Animation
Cool!
Lionsgate
Frank Giustra; Founder
I'm quite surprised that Lionsgate, being a relative newcomer to the party, is treated as one of the better anime dubbers in Hollywood.
Limited Run
Reed Hastings; Chief Executive Officer and co-founder
Not a bad thing.

This Just In!
Major studios meet today with WGN, Bally to discuss animated material for Bozo revival slated for 2010
Chicago Tribune; March 18, 2008

Here's a who's who for today's meeting...

Bally's Inc.
Herb Scannell; Chairman of the Board
Mike Richardson; Founder and president of Dark Horse Comics
Jim Davis; Creator of Garfield and head of Unicorn, Dark Horse's new kids label
Tom Ruegger; President of Luxor Animation
Joey D'Auria; The former Bozo
Tom Kenny; The new Bozo

The Jim Henson Company
John Lasseter; Head of Henson Animation (HA!)
Brian Henson; Head of Touchstone Pictures

Columbia-Tristar
Bruce Timm; Chief Creative Officer of Columbia-TriStar Animation
Clive A. Smith, Patrick Loubert, Michael Hirsh; Founders of Nelvana
Blanche Boudreaux; Host of Cartooning Made Easy

Warner Bros.
Mario Kassar; Chairman of Warner Bros. Entertainment, Inc.
Joe and Stephanie Macdonald; Co-chairs of Warner Bros. Animation

TBS-Paramount
Geraldine Laybourne; Chairwoman of the Board
Sam Register; President of Paramount Animation

Disney Enterprises, Inc.
Walt Disney, Jr; Chairman of the Board
Margarest Loesch; Vice Chairwoman
Sir Daniel Abbott; President of Walt Disney Classic Animation

Peacock
Michael Eisner; Chairman of the Board
Gale Anne Hurd; Vice President of Universal Studios
Jeffrey Katzenberg; Head of Peacock Animation

Saban Metromedia
Haim Saban; Founder
Andy Heyward; Head of New Line Animation

Lionsgate
Frank Giustra; Founder

Limited Run
Reed Hastings; Chief Executive Officer and co-founder
AWESOME!
And what will Unicorn have?

I do hope we get some changes in the list. I mean, over half a decade has changed since.

Having Joey D'Auria still on board as of now is a nice passing of the torch, but having Jim Davis head an entire comics label is a giant leap up from his Garfield days of yore.

And calling it Unicorn, which would be the polar opposite of the Dark Horse name? It got a chuckle out of me, as well as 20% of my wallet.

So, who's the new Chairman of Henson? Just curious.

Could one of Walt Jr.'s children or grandchildren become the new chairperson later on?

Unicorn is basically a rebrand of Paws, Inc. While Jim still draws the Garfield newspaper strip from his Indiana offices, some of the people who help him with the licensing and business side of Garfield are part of the Unicorn team.

Bob Iger is still chairman, but it is likely that either Brian or Lisa Henson take over as Iger turns his attention to sports. Iger bought WCW and the Goodwill Games from Turner Broadcasting, but is still looking to expand his portfolio. Earlier this year, Iger attempted to buy Peter Guber's half of the WLAF's Barcelona Dragons. Guber wound up selling to a local buyer named Marco Fuste.

As of March 2008, Iger is in talks to acquire the NFL's Denver Broncos from Pat Bowlen.

The one who could take over at Disney next is Tiffany. Trey has forged his own path in the sportswear industry as founder of TR3Y, now the parent company of clothing brand No Fear.

Unicorn is basically a rebrand of Paws, Inc. While Jim still draws the Garfield newspaper strip from his Indiana offices, some of the people who help him with the licensing and business side of Garfield are part of the Unicorn team.
Oh, I see. Maybe this can be one of their future projects?
Or the titular unicorn can be their mascot.
Bob Iger is still chairman, but it is likely that either Brian or Lisa Henson take over as Iger turns his attention to sports. Iger bought WCW and the Goodwill Games from Turner Broadcasting, but is still looking to expand his portfolio. Earlier this year, Iger attempted to buy Peter Guber's half of the WLAF's Barcelona Dragons. Guber wound up selling to a local buyer named Marco Fuste.
I'll take either of the Hensons up on that offer.
As of March 2008, Iger is in talks to acquire the NFL's Denver Broncos from Pat Bowlen.
Okay.
The one who could take over at Disney next is Tiffany. Trey has forged his own path in the sportswear industry as founder of TR3Y, now the parent company of clothing brand No Fear.
Cool.

NHL Headquarters
New York City

March 31, 2008

colin-campbell-1996-48.jpg

Colin Campbell
NHL Director of Player Safety
"George, you've been suspended twice the last two years. Every suspension was always because you've had a run-in with Sean Avery [1]. What happened this time?"

george_parros640.jpg

George Parros
Right Wing; Mighty Ducks of San Diego
"Sean made some extremely lewd and perverted comments about Tiffany and Joyce. So I clocked him."

Campbell
(takes a deep breath)

"Well in that case, I'll let you off with a $5,000 fine. Thanks for stopping by."

[1] As of March 2008 ITTL, Avery has already been cut from the Twisters, Kings and Sabres before landing with the Silver Knights in January of this season.​

Sure. I just need what year to air it on UPN in the States.
Bring it in 2010.
NHL Headquarters
New York City

March 31, 2008

colin-campbell-1996-48.jpg

Colin Campbell
NHL Director of Player Safety
"George, you've been suspended twice the last two years. Every suspension was always because you've had a run-in with Sean Avery [1]. What happened this time?"

george_parros640.jpg

George Parros
Right Wing; Mighty Ducks of San Diego
"Sean made some extremely lewd and perverted comments about Tiffany and Joyce. So I clocked him."

Campbell
(takes a deep breath)

"Well in that case, I'll let you off with a $5,000 fine. Thanks for stopping by."

[1] As of March 2008 ITTL, Avery has already been cut from the Twisters, Kings and Sabres before landing with the Silver Knights in January of this season.​
Oof...

Oldnavy like the like the idea of valdimir putian backing the construiston of home grown theme park in russia. Russian flim studios such as Mos Film Gorky Studios and Soyzumutlafim aniamtion would provide a wealth of ips. If the project get greenlit should it either be well excuted world class project or should the project be over amibuitus distaster that that pan by the critics for attmepting ripping off the best park of the world only on a larger gaudyier scale. IF the we go will the distier route the park should only be half built at most on opening day. I am kinda leaning toards the dister angle

Yeah, has Bobobo done well yet?
Yes. Bobobo has done pretty good in salvaging ABC’s SatAm ratings after Jimmy’s Head went down the toilet.

Oldnavy like the like the idea of valdimir putian backing the construiston of home grown theme park in russia. Russian flim studios such as Mos Film Gorky Studios and Soyzumutlafim aniamtion would provide a wealth of ips. If the project get greenlit should it either be well excuted world class project or should the project be over amibuitus distaster that that pan by the critics for attmepting ripping off the best park of the world only on a larger gaudyier scale. IF the we go will the distier route the park should only be half built at most on opening day. I am kinda leaning toards the dister angle
More likely to happen is that only the richest oligarchs will consolidate all of Russia’s animation studios under the Soyuzmultfilm banner.

Yes. Bobobo has done pretty good in salvaging ABC’s SatAm ratings after Jimmy’s Head went down the toilet.

More likely to happen is that only the richest oligarchs will consolidate all of Russia’s animation studios under the Soyuzmultfilm banner.
I still like the idea of a russian theme park that use russain unlike otl dreamland that lincessed forign ips like hotel transvania hello kitty tmnt and the smurfs. It seam that hollywood is more hostile to russia then otl So the only way that russia would a theme park is if they used there own ips. I don't if the park should be succes or a dumpster fire