alternatehistory.com

liberty90
Right-libertarian: fiscally conservative (monetarism/market monetarism are interesting), socially liberal (pro-immigration and against repressive drug policies, mainly).
Ricardolindo
Since you're from Poland: How homophobic is Poland?
liberty90
It's hard for me to answer, I believe that answer would be very subjective. Social "bubbles" are powerful, someone who works with highly educated people may have entirely different experience than somebody who is mainly around workers.
Ricardolindo
Also, did you know, that, polls showed, that in 1993, when abortions became severely restricted by law in your country, most Poles favoured maintaining the very liberal abortion law of the communist era?
liberty90
No, this is very new to me, not that I care about this issue very much.
Ricardolindo
You are a libertarian, so, ideologically, you should care.
liberty90
I feel no obligation to have opinion about everything under the sun. And ideologically whether you are pro-choice or "pro-life" depends more on definition of "human life" (when something can be called human?), than on interpretation of human freedom.
Ricardolindo
Sorry if I sounded offensive.
Ricardolindo
Actually, for libertarians, human freedom is what matters. Regardless, what I mention shows, that, the Polish government abuses its relations with the Catholic Church.
liberty90
Yeah, sure, I pretty much agree with that.
Ricardolindo
If there had a been a referendum on abortion in Poland in 1993 and most Poles had voted for keeping the very liberal law of the communist era, would Poland be more secular, nowadays?