Lines in the Sand: A History of the Gulf War

Bye, bye, chances of an independent Palestine...

Bye, bye any Palestinian autonomy.

Any Arab who doesn't swear a loyalty oath to the State of Israel may get deported....

Chemical weapons?
This isn't shooting yourself in the foot, it's shooting yourself in the gut after blowing up the local ambulance.

Talk about painful national suicide.

No, Dathi, it's the equivalent of smoking cigarettes and lighting a road flare--while swimming in a swimming pool full of gasoline...

History ain't going to remember ol' Arafat fondly, that's for sure.

ThePest179

Banned
Well damn. The response against the Palestinians will be nothing short of brutal in the coming weeks, months, and possibly years.

No, Dathi, it's the equivalent of smoking cigarettes and lighting a road flare--while swimming in a swimming pool full of gasoline...

Nope. That would be over fast.

THIS is a slow, lingering, very painful death for the Palestinian people.

The Mossad can't operate in Israel just like the CIA, you probably mean the Shin-Bet.
I can hardly believe the PLBB could execute another chemical attack after the first one, there will probably be a major crackdown on all Palestinian Territories and the public areas will be closed or under inspection.

The only positive side from this mess is the fact that postwar global control of chemical weapons will be much more strictly enforced than in OTL.

Glad to see this great TL back.

Much more of this and the Israelis are going to end up expelling the Palestinians over the borders into Egypt and Jordan, with a very firm, "You're NEVER coming back", as a parting message?

welcome back...

Dear god...

Just when you thought things couldn't be worse in the Middle East, the Palestinians detonate chemical weapons. That's not just pouring gasoline into the fire. That's dancing around an oil field with a cigarette in your mouth.

Did the PLO actually receive chemical weapons from Saddam Hussein?

Now that's what I call a major clusterfuck. Things are going worse on a crazy train...

Bye, bye, chances of an independent Palestine...

Bye, bye any Palestinian autonomy.

Any Arab who doesn't swear a loyalty oath to the State of Israel may get deported....

Chemical weapons?
This isn't shooting yourself in the foot, it's shooting yourself in the gut after blowing up the local ambulance.

Talk about painful national suicide.

Well damn. The response against the Palestinians will be nothing short of brutal in the coming weeks, months, and possibly years.

Nope. That would be over fast.

THIS is a slow, lingering, very painful death for the Palestinian people.

Much more of this and the Israelis are going to end up expelling the Palestinians over the borders into Egypt and Jordan, with a very firm, "You're NEVER coming back", as a parting message?

The only positive side from this mess is the fact that postwar global control of chemical weapons will be much more strictly enforced than in OTL.

Glad to see this great TL back.

It'll take some time for the full realization to set in with the PLO on what exactly they've unleashed, and for the moment they're all too caught up in patting themselves on the back for really sticking it to the Israelis for the first time in years. A large portion of the Palestinians will support the bombing at first as well; OTL saw quite a few of them demonstrating and cheering on Saddam for a 1990 speech where he threatened to burn half of Israel. In their eyes, they now have a measure of power over Israel and the ability to inflict true terror upon their foes and are more than happy to unleash it to try and reverse decades of lopsided casualty figures to their favor. It's obviously going to result in terrible, terrible things for the population of the territories when it's all said and done, but right now the majority of them are naively counting on Israel to be the first to break and ask for terms while ignoring the writing on the wall.

And yes, Iraq is indeed the supplier for all of the PLO's newfound hardware. We're seeing the final part of Saddam's plan for victory come into play here, rather like a machine that keeps on performing its duties despite the passing of its creator. Even in death he's still causing trouble for the region.

OH MY GOD IT'S BACK!!!:D:D:D

Will read later, but I am ecstatic. :D

Glad to see it back!

:eek:

The day I start this, the author comes back! :eek:

This must be luck, for this is awesome! :D

It's nice to see a update again in this TL. :)

Riveting update as usual.

It's great to see it back....:D

Thank you all so much! It's been absolutely touching over the last year with people politely inquiring about updates or just checking in, and I'm glad I could finally give a little something back for your patience through all this. So, going by my current update schedule, we should be seeing Chapter XXI for March 2017? ;)

The Mossad can't operate in Israel just like the CIA, you probably mean the Shin-Bet.
I can hardly believe the PLBB could execute another chemical attack after the first one, there will probably be a major crackdown on all Palestinian Territories and the public areas will be closed or under inspection.

Thank you kindly for the info, changes have been duly made.
And yes, future attacks are going to be exponentially harder for the PPLB/PLO to pull off with any measure of success like they saw with Mahane Yehuda. They had a very brief window of opportunity for attacks of this nature, and in the coming days they'll be forced to shift to alternative strategies to best make use of their remaining stocks.

Arafat has gone off the deep end. The Mossad will find him. And bring his head to Shamir. Literally.

Very glad to see this back! Hope to see updates with more frequency, please. Will PM you with an idea for a suggested part of an update.

ThePest179

Banned
And yes, Iraq is indeed the supplier for all of the PLO's newfound hardware. We're seeing the final part of Saddam's plan for victory come into play here, rather like a machine that keeps on performing its duties despite the passing of its creator. Even in death he's still causing trouble for the region.

Is that the whole "drag Israel into the war to unite the Muslim world against the West" plan that failed in the Gulf War?

Seems like it to me. Not going to work, though. And Uday's tenure as President of Iraq will be short. Chemical Ali, Izzat Ibrahim Al-Duri, and his brother Qusay will soon be deciding 'tis time Uday was "retired."

The main difference between the two brothers? Uday killed for jollies. When Qusay killed people? To quote Don Vito Corlone, "It was business."

Seems like it to me. Not going to work, though. And Uday's tenure as President of Iraq will be short. Chemical Ali, Izzat Ibrahim Al-Duri, and his brother Qusay will soon be deciding 'tis time Uday was "retired."

The main difference between the two brothers? Uday killed for jollies. When Qusay killed people? To quote Don Vito Corlone, "It was business."

Uday was a Pol Pot waiting to happen, Qusay was like the old man, maybe not quite as bright but at that level Thats still absurdly brutal and only when talking about Uday is that level of violence the lesser evil. Qusay wouldn't be like the younger Assad though, he would have done everything Saddam would have to suppress uprisings.

Qusay was more refined, not a playboy, like his brother. Uday acted on impulse, and given his extracurricular activities, made a lot of enemies. Qusay, though wanting to be in firm control, will listen to the generals and people like Chemical Ali before making his decision.

There are going to be quite a few people in Baghdad who do want Uday to join his father, and that's on top of CENTAF hitting C3 sites where Uday may be present.