A Different 20th Century

Grey Wolf

Donor
Mr_ Bondoc said:
With the Romanov Dynasty, consider thge following point. By 1924, Princesses Olga, Tatiana, Maria, and Anastasia would have been been married to someone of some kind of royal or noble heritage. By 1929, they would be considered old maids. The fact is that they would be actively seeking suitors before the end of the decade. By c.1931 Czar Nicholas II, due to health conditions in the family, Czar Nicholas would have been dead.So consider the following information when charting the course of the Romanov Dynasty.

The girls are outside the succession whatever happens. It goes Nicholas, Alexi, Michael, Kyril, Vladimir

Grey Wolf

As a minor comment, Italy did not decisively beat the Ottomans; they were unable to penetrate beyond Tripoli and Benghazi - it was the looming Balkan Wars that caused the Ottomans to seek peace with Italy, as it was not considered desirable to be expending effort on an essentially worthless territory when the core provinces were threatened.If not for the Balkan Wars, the Italians would have eventually been forced to give up.

Diamond, I didn't see in the twenties section anything about the Valley of the Kings and Howard Carter. Could you put something in there in which he goes iand finds more interesting stuff. Possibly the so-called lost Hall of Records mentioned by the quack Edgar Cacey(?) ? I could think of some other stuff, but I've got to run.

Diamond

Banned
Ed: I'll think about it, but it's not likely I'll include something like that. I'm already going into an insane amount of detail on this TL, and to throw in something like the discovery of a Hall of Records would entail to much work that is non-essential to the TL. It might be more suited to a short story set in this TL though.

John: r.e. Italy vs. OE, I really think its a matter of perspective, but you're correct in that the upcoming Balkan Wars that forced the OE's hand. That situation is different in my TL, so I'll need to correct that facet. However, I don't want Italy weakened so much by the conflict that they'll be unable to function as a semi-strong facist 'empire' later on.

GW: I'm still not sure exactly how things are going to play out in Russia. Right now I have Rasputin as the defacto dictator of Finland, with Stalin (freshly returned from the East) as his willing disciple. The two are the driving force behind the toppling of the Czar and the installation of a facist-theocratic state. The Romanovs (most of whom survive in this TL) flee to the West (although I'm not sure where), and may eventually return to be re-instated as the legitimate rulers of Russia at some point.

Straha: Yes, when I eventually get this going full-bore again, it'll be in a new thread; I'll probably end up asking Ian to delete this one when I'm ready.

Diamond said:
Ed: I'll think about it, but it's not likely I'll include something like that. I'm already going into an insane amount of detail on this TL, and to throw in something like the discovery of a Hall of Records would entail to much work that is non-essential to the TL. It might be more suited to a short story set in this TL though.

John: r.e. Italy vs. OE, I really think its a matter of perspective, but you're correct in that the upcoming Balkan Wars that forced the OE's hand. That situation is different in my TL, so I'll need to correct that facet. However, I don't want Italy weakened so much by the conflict that they'll be unable to function as a semi-strong facist 'empire' later on.

GW: I'm still not sure exactly how things are going to play out in Russia. Right now I have Rasputin as the defacto dictator of Finland, with Stalin (freshly returned from the East) as his willing disciple. The two are the driving force behind the toppling of the Czar and the installation of a facist-theocratic state. The Romanovs (most of whom survive in this TL) flee to the West (although I'm not sure where), and may eventually return to be re-instated as the legitimate rulers of Russia at some point.

Straha: Yes, when I eventually get this going full-bore again, it'll be in a new thread; I'll probably end up asking Ian to delete this one when I'm ready.

Are you going to continue this, Diamond?