AHC: After 1941, have Sweden invite the German army in.

So, how could this happen? I thought that maybe the Allies could feel that theiron shipments are so vital to the german war effort that they bomb the mines and the rail that goes to Narvik; afterwards the germans send in troops with swedish permission. I don't know how plausible is that.
Any other scenarios?

Unless the Soviets were overrunning Finland, I can't think of one plausible reason Sweden would have the slightest desire to play host to German troops.

Unless the Soviets were overrunning Finland, I can't think of one plausible reason Sweden would have the slightest desire to play host to German troops.
Well, as I said in the first post, maybe the Allies decide to bomb the Iron mines, or the Soviets bomb the rail lines used by the germans to move troops to Finland/Northern Norway. The thing is why they would do that.

Well, as I said in the first post, maybe the Allies decide to bomb the Iron mines, or the Soviets bomb the rail lines used by the germans to move troops to Finland/Northern Norway. The thing is why they would do that.

The logical response is to protest the Allies' or Soviet transgression vehemently and try to get some reparations or concessions from them, to make amends for the attack. Practically joining the war by inviting the Germans in would not be logical, as it would go against the very core goal of the Swedish state: to stay out of the world war, for as long as possible.

The logical response is to protest the Allies' or Soviet transgression vehemently and try to get some reparations or concessions from them, to make amends for for the attack. Practically joining the war by inviting the Germans in would not be logical, as it would go against the very core goal of the Swedish state: to stay out of the world war, no matter what.
And if the germans, right after the air raid, sent troops in to "protect" the railway and the mines (without Swedish explicit permission)? Would the swedes resist that? I mean, the public would be pro-german, at least after the air raid.

And if the germans, right after the air raid, sent troops in to "protect" the railway and the mines (without Swedish explicit permission)? Would the swedes resist that? I mean, the public would be pro-german, at least after the air raid.

being pro-german is something else than being anti-sovereignity