AHC: David Cameron, Liberal Democrat

Your challenge is to make David Cameron a Liberal Democratic MP with a POD of anywhere from 1982 to 2014. Bonus points if he becomes the leader of the Lib Dems and extra bonus points if he becomes Prime Minister.

Very difficult to do, though some Tories in his cabinet were SDP members in the 1980s. I imagine that would have to be the route for him - but what is it that turns him off Thatcher ITTL?

Very difficult to do, though some Tories in his cabinet were SDP members in the 1980s. I imagine that would have to be the route for him - but what is it that turns him off Thatcher ITTL?

Maybe Thatcher's social conservatism, perhaps? Anyone else have any ideas?

Maybe Thatcher's social conservatism, perhaps? Anyone else have any ideas?

Didn't really manifest until towards the end of her tenure, and it's going to be hard to get someone who's loved her up to then, particularly someone of Cameron's age, to turn away based on gay rights.

I actually think you'd need to change so much of Cameron's early life to do this you wouldn't be dealing with Cameron anymore in a meaningful way.

I do not see him getting nominated or elected as a Liberal Democrat. Lib Dem MPs have to effectively to come degree win for themselves. I do not see Camerone winning other than in a safe seat