AHC: Lloyd George does not become Prime Minister

The POD is after the formation of the coalition government on 25 May 1915, when Lloyd George became Minister of Munitions in the cabinet. A condition of this challenge is that he cannot die or resign from the government because of illness. Asquith can continue in office from December 1916 onwards or another man becomes Prime Minister.

Coulsdon Eagle

Monthly Donor
Neither Bonar Law nor Asquith had the numbers in the House of Commons to muster a majority. Lloyd George had supporters (willing or not) in both the Liberal & Unionist parties. You might find a wartime election is considered necessary, unless the King can bring together the leading politicians to form a new National Government - which would probably still be Lloyd George. George V managed that in 1931 with MacDonald's Labour ministry becoming the National Government.

Could AJ Balfour make a comeback as a national figure?

I think that it is feasible that Balfour could become Prime Minister in succession to Asquith in December 1916.

IIRC wasn't the excuse used to eject Asquith that he sold seized enemy assets at open auction rather than limiting them to British, or possibly Entente, bidders? Of course avoiding that issue doesn't change the underlying situation, but it buys some extra time.

Coulsdon Eagle

Monthly Donor
IIRC wasn't the excuse used to eject Asquith that he sold seized enemy assets at open auction rather than limiting them to British, or possibly Entente, bidders? Of course avoiding that issue doesn't change the underlying situation, but it buys some extra time.
Interestingly, one of those assets sold later in the war was British Petroleum, with offices in Fenchurch Street, London. Ironically this company was the marketing arm of the German Europäische Petroleum Union in Britain, until the assets were seized by the British Government and sold to the Anglo-Persian Oil Company in 1917, which later assumed the company’s name and became BP.

You might find a wartime election is considered necessary,
Hmm, I have seen it speculated before that the Conservatives would win an election during the war but I haven't seen a lot of information to support the hypothesis. If so, or if they gain enough ground to be the dominant player in the coalition, then I suppose Boner Law or Balfour seem the most likely candidates for PM.