AHC/WI: Danzig for Slovakia

So the scenario is that a more violent Anschluss pisses of Italy, which sides with the Allies from now on; Germany, looking for someone to support her in AltMunich, goes to Poland with this offer: Poland would support Germany in the Conference against Czechoslovakia, allow the annexation of Danzig, extraterritorial railroad going from Germany proper to East Prussia and protected cultural and linguistic rights for german minority areas, in exchange of the removal of further claims and with the understanding that a soon-to-be partition of Czechsolovakia would result in Polish control over Slovakia (either to be annexed or to be made a protectorate).
So, how can this happen? Also, which would be the Allied and Soviet reaction?

badfishy40

Banned
Wow most intriguing what if.if Poland went for the deal that would ( temporarily) stop Hitler's ambitions. But of course Hitler being Hitler he will still want to attack Russia. Germany will have a bloodless takeover of chezchoslovakia and the industry it entails. Another part of me thinks it might stop a wider war but that is a small chance since Hitler needs lebenstraum....my two cents or phennings. Good post El president.

badfishy40

Banned
Oops me again. Allied Soviet response will still be too rearm for the very possible war to come.ok I'm done.

Poland would lose its only access to the sea. Germany should add Lithuania to the offer and contribute to its subjugation for this proposal to have a chance to be accepted.

Why would Poland want Slovakia? It was a poor area, it had no access to the sea, and it had never belonged to Poland except briefly under Boleslaw I in the early eleventh century. For this Poland is supposed to make its own access to the sea dependent on Hitler's mercy (which is essentially what giving Germany Danzig and a "corridor through the corrdor" would do)? Not to mention that the Poles will be aware that any territorial concessions to Germany would just be the first step in the satellitization of Poland...

I don't think Poland would want to fight an insurgency in Slovakia, problems in the Kresy were bad enough by themselves.

Poland would lose its only access to the sea. Germany should add Lithuania to the offer and contribute to its subjugation for this proposal to have a chance to be accepted.
Well, Poland would still have Gdynia, so they would still have access to the sea. Also, giving Lithuania to Poland would mean either that Poland gets Memel.

In case you haven't forgot the Poles watched the German rip up virtually every agreement they've ever signed
Not at the time of the PoD I've proposed; the "Hitler is not trustworthy attitude" began after the German occupation of Czechoslovakia, which happened in March 1939, but here the Germans go to Poland before that, and I don't see any reason why the Poles wouldn't trust them.
...Is this inspired by the "Danzig for Slovakia" National Focus in Hearts of Iron 4? Because it sounds like it is.
Yeah.

Not going to happen. Danzig was not Poland's to give up whenever it wanted. It was a Free City under the jurisdiction of the League of Nations. This is what people seem to forget. Danzig (now known as Gdansk) only became part of Poland after World War II. Before that war, it was never part of Poland. It was it's own quasi-mini state sitting on Poland's only artery to the sea. Yes, it was in a permanent customs union with Poland, but that doesn't mean it was part of Poland.

Not at the time of the PoD I've proposed; the "Hitler is not trustworthy attitude" began after the German occupation of Czechoslovakia, which happened in March 1939, but here the Germans go to Poland before that, and I don't see any reason why the Poles wouldn't trust them.

Oh I don't know maybe because the Poles think giving up Danzig and letting the Germans build the Berlinika highway is the first step to German subservience? The Poles aren't dumb if they give concessions to the Germans now the Germans will ask for more later. Also, the Poles don't want Slovakia

Also, you mentioned a pissed of Italy so Poland will be siding against let's count em France, Britain, Italy, as well as the Little Entente. Why does Poland have any reason to side against any of them

Oh I don't know maybe because the Poles think giving up Danzig and letting the Germans build the Berlinika highway is the first step to German subservience? The Poles aren't dumb if they give concessions to the Germans now the Germans will ask for more later. Also, the Poles don't want Slovakia

Also, you mentioned a pissed of Italy so Poland will be siding against let's count em France, Britain, Italy, as well as the Little Entente. Why does Poland have any reason to side against any of them
Well, finding why would they do that was part of the challenge.
In any case, maybe a scenario where the Allies don't look reliable in case of Soviet aggression? Poland could then move towards Germany in hopes that someone will stand by her side in case the Soviets invade...

Well, finding why would they do that was part of the challenge.
In any case, maybe a scenario where the Allies don't look reliable in case of Soviet aggression? Poland could then move towards Germany in hopes that someone will stand by her side in case the Soviets invade...

So lets only change the entire actions and political goals of the Polish top brass. Not happening