AHC: Wrestlemania I Flipped Book the Aftermath

The premise is simple we take the original results of Wrestlemania I the granddaddy of all pay per views (even though it was on cctv) and flip them. Everyone who won their match lost and everyone who lost their match won. Then take that information and create new matches and story lines based on that one changed night. It's arguably the night that created the modern wrestling era and as Wrestlemania 2020 is nearly upon us here's a fun thought exercise. Create a fantasy world you'd like to watch. Take it all the way to Wrestlemania 2 if you like.

Madison Square Garden
New York City, New York
March 31, 1985

The Executioner def. Tito Santana via pinfall (Using the DDT or as he called it the Las Vegas Jackpot)

S.D. Jones def. King Kong Bundy (w/Jimmy Hart) via pinfall (In 9 seconds via a surprise roll up)

Matt Osborne def. Ricky Steamboat via pinfall (Reversing the Dragon's High Cross Body)

Brutus Beefcake (w/Johnny Valiant) vs. David Sammartino (w/Bruno Sammartino) remains the same with a double dq.

Greg Valentine (w/Jimmy Hart) def. Junkyard Dog via pinfall (Original finish with Valentine's feet on the ropes. Retains Intercontinental Championship)

The U.S. Express (Mike Rotundo and Barry Windham w/Lou Albano) def. Nikolai Volkoff and The Iron Sheik (w/Freddie Blassie) via pinfall (Sheik accidentally hits Volkoff with Freddie Blassie's cane. Windham pins. Retaining the World Tag Titles.)

Big John Studd (w/Bobby Heenan) def. Andre the Giant in a bodyslam challenge. Career vs $15,000. (Thanks to the cheating of Bobby Heenan. Crowd stunned. Chanting thank you Andre as he walks off. Studd pretends to throw money to the crowd while laughing.)

Leilani Kai (w/Fabulous Moolah) def. Wendy Richter (w/Cyndi Lauper) via pinfall. (Kai retains the WWF Women's title with a flying crossbody. Rumor has it Moolah influenced the outcome backstage.)

Paul Orndorff and Roddy Piper (w/Bob Orton) def Hulk Hogan and Mr. T (w/ Jimmy Snuka) via pinfall. Guest Referees Muhammad Ali and Pat Patterson. (Orndorff pins Hogan after interference from Bob Orton. Hogan, Snuka, and Mr. T Hulk up and clear the ring afterwards to stand tall promising the crowd they'd get their win back.)

You know what? Lemme give this a go and take this to WrestleMania 2 for ya, because it's a shame this thread went down so quickly.

The Wrestling Classic

Date: November 7, 1985
Venue: Rosemont Horizon in Rosemont, Illinois
Attendance: 14,000
Announce Team: Gorilla Monsoon/Jesse Ventura​

Adrian Adonis (w/Jimmy Hart) d. Corporal Kirchner
Dynamite Kid d. Nikolai Volkoff (w/Freddie Blassie)
Randy Savage (w/Miss Elizabeth) d. Ivan Putski

Starting off with a series of OTL matches in the Wrestling Classic Tournament.

Davey Boy Smith d. Matt Borne

Rather than Steamboat, we give a spot to Borne, who loses here to the other half of the British Bulldogs. Running Powerslam wins it for Davey Boy.

Junkyard Dog d. The Iron Sheik (w/Freddie Blassie)
Moondog Spot d. Terry Funk (w/Jimmy Hart) (countout)

Two more OTL matches.

The Executioner d. The Magnificent Muraco (w/Mr. Fuji)

The masked Executioner advances over Muraco with the Las Vegas Jackpot, taking Tito's spot here.

Roddy Piper d. Bob Orton

Orton lays down for Piper here, giving him an easy win. As for Orndorff, we'll see him later.

The Dynamite Kid d. Adrian Adonis (w/Jimmy Hart)

Oh hey, an OTL match. Think this might be the last one.

Randy Savage (w/Miss Elizabeth) d. Davey Boy Smith

Savage takes advantage of Davey Boy accidentally crotches himself, leaving him down for an elbow drop.

Junkyard Dog d. Moondog Spot

Nope! Another OTL match.

Roddy Piper d. The Executioner (count-Out)

The Executioner doesn't show for the quarterfinal match, resulting in a count-out win for Hot Rod.

WWF World: Hulk Hogan (c) d. Paul Orndorff

As a result of his victory at WrestleMania, Orndorff gets a shot against Hogan here. Hogan keeps the title after a legdrop.

Randy Savage (w/Miss Elizabeth) d. Dynamite Kid

Oh hey, an OTL match.

Junkyard Dog d. Roddy Piper (w/Bob Orton)

JYD gets a big win here to make it to finals, hitting the Thump after an accidental cast shot to Piper.

Randy Savage (w/Miss Elizabeth) d. The Junkyard Dog

Our final OTL match to wrap things up as we he head to WrestleMania 2.

WrestleMania 2

Date: April 7, 1986
Venues: Nassau Coliseum in Uniondale, New York. Rosemont Horizon in Rosemont, Illinois. Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena.
Attendance: 40,085 (Combined)
Announce Teams: Vince McMahon/Susan St. James (New York) Gorilla Monsoon/Gene Okerlund/Cathy Lee Crosby (Chicago) Jesse Ventura/Lord Alfred Hayes/Elvira (Los Angeles)​

The Magnificent Muraco (w/Mr. Fuji) vs. Paul Orndorff (Double Count-Out)
WWF IC: Randy Savage (c) (w/Miss Elizabeth) d. George Steele

Two OTL matches to start off.

Jake Roberts d. SD Jones

Jones had a pretty good 1985, getting a few solid wins after his initial surprise win over Bundy, but now we use his heat to feed the Snake. Hits him with the Las Vegas Jackpot that he took after beating the Executioner. Or as he's taken to calling it, the DDT.

Mr. T (w/Haiti Kid and Joe Frazier) d. Roddy Piper (w/Bob Orton and Lou Duva) in a Boxing Match (DQ)

OTL main event for the New York show.

WWF Women's: Leilani Kai (c) (w/Fabulous Moolah) d. Velvet McIntyre

Kai keeps the the women's title once again, her reign now going over a year. Moolah sticks to a management role.

Corporal Kirchner d. Nikolai Volkoff (w/Freddie Blassie) in a Flag Match

Another OTL match.

King Kong Bundy wins an NFL vs. WWF Battle Royal Match

Bundy lost a lot stock after SD Jones rolled him up at 'Mania, but he gets a win here in place of the retired Andre. Maybe ITTL, they call it the King Kong Bundy Memorial Battle Royal :p

WWF Tag: The British Bulldogs (w/Ozzy Osbourne) d. The U.S. Express (w/Lou Albano)

In place of the Dream Team, the Bulldogs beat Windham and Rotunda to take the tag belts in the Chicago main event.

Matt Borne d. Hercules Hernandez

So, since Steamboat debuted to a loss at WrestleMania, this actually means that Matt Borne is gonna possibly take his place ITTL. He may not be at the same level, but he's a solid enough worker that I don't feel too bad pushing him. He manages to get the win with a bridging German suplex to Hercules.

Adrian Adonis (w/Jimmy Hart) d. Uncle Elmer
The Funks (Terry/Dory Jr.) (w/Jimmy Hart) d. Tito Santana/Junkyard Dog

Two OTL matches to bring us closer to the end.

WWF World: Hulk Hogan (c) d. Big John Studd (w/Bobby Heenan) in a Steel Cage Match

While Bundy was struggling, Studd had massive heat for being the man to end Andre's career. While Bundy did attack Hogan, it was to soften him up for his stable buddy, softening him up so Studd could take the belt. Same spots as OTL, with the blade job from Studd, Hogan Hulking Up and hitting the leg drop to keep as we wrap up WrestleMania 2.

That'll leave WrestleMania III to anyone who wants to join in on this little experiment.

Or the thread will die a second time, I dunno.

I haven't thought about this thread in so long thank you for giving it a reply Megafighter3. Hogan vs Studd in a cage for the Mania 2 main event, yes please. Definitely buying this pay per view loving Leilani Kai playing the uber heel and Moolah's heir apparent too. Oh did Tito Get an IC reign in between Valentine and Savage. Or was Savage vs Steele a rematch with George getting a short reign as a gift for having a stellar career for such a long time, I feel like Valentine vs. Steele for the Intercontinental Title would be a fun TV match with the crowd going nuts.

Hopefully there's another wrestling fan here up for some fantasy booking. I'd love to see different individuals take this as far as possible with the base we've created.

I haven't thought about this thread in so long thank you for giving it a reply Megafighter3. Hogan vs Studd in a cage for the Mania 2 main event, yes please. Definitely buying this pay per view loving Leilani Kai playing the uber heel and Moolah's heir apparent too. Oh did Tito Get an IC reign in between Valentine and Savage. Or was Savage vs Steele a rematch with George getting a short reign as a gift for having a stellar career for such a long time, I feel like Valentine vs. Steele for the Intercontinental Title would be a fun TV match with the crowd going nuts.

Hopefully there's another wrestling fan here up for some fantasy booking. I'd love to see different individuals take this as far as possible with the base we've created.

Given how Valentine kept at WrestleMania, I'd say Tito reclaiming is the more likely outcome, then dropping the title to Savage.

So, since Steamboat debuted to a loss at WrestleMania, this actually means that Matt Borne is gonna possibly take his place ITTL. He may not be at the same level, but he's a solid enough worker that I don't feel too bad pushing him.
Is that so? Well, okay then. Let's assume that Steamboat gets pissed off at Vince for misusing him ITTL, and he leaves later that month like Borne left IOTL. This, of course, works out entirely in his favour, as he was a top star in the NWA, and while he doesn't exactly slot back into the main event right away, his presence does cause a number of butterflies to flutter, particularly with regards to a certain Magnum T.A. that October.

Won't go match by match here, especially since a lot of major NWA matches at the time didn't make tape, but basically:

-Steamboat jumps right back into MACW, and he has a tune-up feud with Baron von Raschke, often teaming with Magnum T.A. and Dusty Rhodes against Raschke and the Russians
-Steamboat has a kickass match on tape for the US title against Magnum T.A., but it ends in a DQ when Raschke interferes
-I guess Steamboat does a tour of AJPW that November, to which he doesn't exactly have spectacular matches (as he didn't in 1988-9 IOTL), but he's still over with the crowd, especially with the dragon gimmick being so spectacular actually, no, considering his major role in Starrcade 86 ITTL, I think I'm going to leave Steamboat's first tour of AJPW until 1987.
-Fuck it, let's rebook Starrcade with Ricky Steamboat's appearance here changing things around for the better

Starrcade 1986: Night of the Skywalkers

Venues: Greensboro Coliseum Complex in Greensboro, North Carolina; Omni Coliseum in Atlanta, Georgia.
Attendance: 30,000 (combined)
Announce Team: Bob Caudle/Johnny Weaver (Greensboro); Tony Schiavone/Rick Stewart (Atlanta)

Tim Horner and Nelson Royal d. Rocky Kernodle and Don Kernodle

As OTL.

Barry Windham d. Jimmy Garvin

Magnum T.A. still has his car accident, but he just comes out of it with a broken leg. He'll walk again in about three months, and he'll be in the ring again within six or seven, but right now he's rehabbing his injury. At the time of his crash, he was feuding with Jimmy Garvin, so the new face in the territory, Barry Windham, steps in and fights for him in the leadup to Starrcade. While Brad Armstrong went to a 15 minute draw with Garvin IOTL, Windham puts Garvin away in around 10, mainly because he's a more exciting worker than Armstrong and he kinda needs this tbh.

Hector Guerrero and Baron von Raschke d. Shaska Whatley and The Barbarian

As IOTL. Raschke turns face as well ITTL, but he's probably not going to get along with Steamboat for a while.

Wahoo McDaniel d. Rick Rude in an Indian Strap Match
Sam Houston (c) d. Bill Dundee for the NWA Central States Heavyweight Championship by disqualification
Jimmy Valiant (w/ Big Mama) d. Paul Jones (w/ Manny Fernandez in a cage) in a Hair vs. Hair match

All as OTL.

Nikita Koloff (US) d. Ron Garvin (MA) to unify the NWA United States Heavyweight Championship with the NWA Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Championship

This was the original plan, and I am determined to keep it the original plan. Koloff doesn't turn face ITTL, because Dusty thinks, hey, if T.A.'s coming back in the next few months, why do I need to turn the second-best heel in this company babyface? So anyway, Koloff and Garvin put both of their belts on the line, and of course, Garvin loses it all. This is fine for now, because Garvin doesn't really need the unified belt, and anyway, Koloff has a much better challenger waiting in the wings in the leadup to his feud for Magnum T.A.'s imminent world title.

Tully Blanchard (w/ J.J. Dillon) d. Dusty Rhodes (c) for the NWA World Television Championship
The Russians (Krusher Khruschev & Ivan Koloff) (c) d. The Kansas Jayhawks (Bobby Jaggers & Dutch Mantel) in a No Disqualification Match for the NWA United States Tag Team Championship
The Road Warriors (Hawk and Animal) d. The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton and Dennis Condrey) (w/ Jim Cornette and Big Bubba Rogers) in a Skywalkers match
The Rock 'n' Roll Express (Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson) (c) d. The Minnesota Wrecking Crew (Arn and Ole Anderson) in a Steel Cage match

All as OTL. (Yes, Jim Cornette still breaks his leg.)

Ric Flair (c) vs. Ricky Steamboat for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship (Time Limit Draw)

This match is Dusty Rhodes saying 'goddamnit Vince, you had a talent of this calibre in your company, and you let him go to waste for Matt Borne of all people?' Steamboat and Flair have a singles match that's just as good as any match in their 1989 trilogy IOTL, but Steamboat can't quite put him away yet, and he takes Flair to an impressive 60 minute draw on a single fall. This keeps both Flair and Steamboat strong, and it shows just how little Steamboat's missed a beat in his time away from the territory.

So there you go: Starrcade. We've taken out the street fight, and what you have is a similarly mediocre show, but with a decent Windham match, a pretty good Koloff match, and the best match between Flair and Steamboat up to that point. Better than Starrcade 86 IOTL? Probably.

Last edited:
We're going to do this about two months early, because fuck's sake, Windham was healthy and he'd wrestled the greatest NWA match of the year against Flair that February. It's basically the 1/20/87 match that happened IOTL, and it's just as good, but two months early.

So there you go: Starrcade. We've taken out the street fight, and what you have is the same pile of mediocrity with a decent Steamboat match, a pretty good Koloff match, and the second best match between Flair and Windham of 1986. Better? Probably.

That part about Windham in February probably didn't happen ITTL since he was still in the WWF as tag champ, I imagine he'll leave sometime after 'Mania 2, so he still gets a good Starrcade main event against Flair.

Last edited:
That part about Windham in February probably didn't happen ITTL since he was still in the WWF as tag champ, I imagine he'll leave sometime after 'Mania 2, so he still gets a good Starrcade main event against Flair.
I didn't read your post properly, whoops. Fixed.

e: tbh I kinda regret not pushing Steamboat in that post, seeing as he's had just as much of a pedigree in singles competition in MACW especially, and it's not like he's a new face like Windham ITTL. You know what, I'm going to switch them around, screw it.

Last edited:
I'm wondering how much these changes effect WrestleRock 86 over in the AWA. The only thing I can really think of is that Windham and Rotundo are hot off their WWF run and dropping the WWF Tag Titles less than a month ago at WrestleMania 2, leaving the promotion the very next day. Verne Gagne wants a little payback at Vince McMahon poaching Hulk Hogan and immediately contacts the duo and shuffles the card around putting the former U.S. Express in an AWA Tag Team Title Match against Curt Hennig and Scott Hall. Windham and Rotundo lose of course in what I imagine would be a classic, had they signed a long term deal they'd have won the gold but Barry is on his way to Mid-Atlantic as we already know. Would Rotundo stick around as a singles star? Would he fit in with AWA with a slightly bigger profile?

Not sure what happens to the Fabulous Ones and the Long Ryders, maybe they fight each other in a battle of who's the worse heels or maybe we get more changes to the tag matches something like The Midnight Rockers vs the Fabulous Ones and The Long Ryders vs Doug Sommers and Buddy Rose. Maybe just maybe I can figure out a way to give us a Dream Match and have Shawn Michaels challenge Tiger Mask (Mitsuhara Misawa) for the NWA International Jr. Heavyweight Championship. Would love to get Buck Zumhof bumped off the card and into obscurity, though that's more my issues with his crimes than anything having to do with our point of divergence. I'm not to familiar with AWA so any suggestions are welcome or if someone thinks they can book WrestleRock straight up go for it. As long as the WrestleRock Rumble stays around I'll be pretty happy.

Last edited:

Saturday Night's Main Event, March 1987​

1987-03-14, Civic Center, Hartford, Connecticut, USA
Shown 1987-03-14 on NBC. Attendance: 21,000.

1. Intercontinental championship:
    Randy Savage (ch) def. George Steele (c-o) same as OTL
  2. Battle Royal:

Elim.NameBy
    1Honky Tonk ManHulk Hogan
    2SikaKing Kong Bundy
    3HakuHulk Hogan
    4Lanny PoffoKing Kong Bundy
    5Ron BassHulk Hogan
    6Blackjack MulliganKing Kong Bundy
    7Nikolai VolkoffHulk Hogan
    8B. Brain BlairButch Reed
    9Paul OrndorffHulk Hogan
    10Hulk HoganHillbilly Jim
    11Jim BrunzellKing Kong Bundy
    12King Kong BundyAfa, Ax, Haynes, Hercules, Reed, Smash & Ware
    13AfaHercules
    14AxHillbilly Jim
    15Hillbilly JimSmash
    16Butch ReedKoko B. Ware
    17Koko B. WareHercules
    18SmashBilly Jack Haynes
    19Billy Jack HaynesHercules
    Hercules
    Winner: Hercules (with Andre Retired Vince use the Battle royal to pitch a betrayal between the friendship of Hogan & Hillbilly Jim for Wrestlemania 3?)
  3. Jake Roberts def. Big John Studd (c-o)
  4. Tagteam championship:
    The Hart Foundation (ch) def. Tito Santana & S.D Jones
    Hart pinned Santana
  5. Iron Sheik def. Matt Borne
Rowdy Roddy Piper announces his retirement from wrestling and his move into Hollywood.

I don't think Jim is a big enough draw if they're trying to sell out the Silverdome. My thought was Andre uses the retirement and time off to get medical treatment for his Acromegaly. Surgery to remove the tumor from his pituitary gland, it could add 5 to 10 years to Andre's life and career also if he came back having exercised regularly and laying off the alcohol at least a little bit, this could be a much more agile and coordinated Giant. Though maybe he's an open surprise entrant in the tournament at Wrestlemania IV if WWF still goes that route, easy clues every fan figures out. Flip the venues of course WM3 in Atlantic City and WM4 in Pontiac. That way the match could still be Jim (maybe with a new aristocrat gimmick as Genteel James Morris revealing he's only played the country bumpkin and has been a Gentleman Farmer all along) vs Hogan or maybe even an early Savage vs Hogan title vs title match.

I don't think Jim is a big enough draw if they're trying to sell out the Silverdome. My thought was Andre uses the retirement and time off to get medical treatment for his Acromegaly. Surgery to remove the tumor from his pituitary gland, it could add 5 to 10 years to Andre's life and career also if he came back having exercised regularly and laying off the alcohol at least a little bit, this could be a much more agile and coordinated Giant. Though maybe he's an open surprise entrant in the tournament at Wrestlemania IV if WWF still goes that route, easy clues every fan figures out. Flip the venues of course WM3 in Atlantic City and WM4 in Pontiac. That way the match could still be Jim (maybe with a new aristocrat gimmick as Genteel James Morris revealing he's only played the country bumpkin and has been a Gentleman Farmer all along) vs Hogan or maybe even an early Savage vs Hogan title vs title match.
Alright I said Vince was toying with the possibility. We could easily see a Demolition vs Hillbilly jim & Uncle Elmer in Wrestlemania 3as a result of the Battle Royal

Honestly, I'd probably go with either Hogan/Piper or Hogan/Orndorff in the main event for Mania III. Orndorff if you wanna run the betrayal angle, Piper to play off the retirement angle. I'm 50/50 on Andre returning as he probably would've preferred to just walk away after nearly twenty years in the business, plus he no longer has the undefeated status to really sell on or even the "can he slam the giant" spot since Studd did that at 'Mania I. But, it's also the moment that put WrestleMania on the map.

So I've finally come up with what I feel is a decent version of Wrestle Rock 86 in the AWA. Sorry about the delay was doing some moving and consumed all things. This takes place just before Starcade 86 and before Barry Windham makes his way to the NWA. I've basically erased Buck Zumhofe from this timeline because I find his crimes disgusting. Basically he disappeared a week before this event and that meant things had to be shuffled around regarding his match with Tiger Mask. There are suspicions and leaks from the police department that can't be substantiated at this point there will be no tribute show. Everyone in the business will do their best to forget him completely.

I'm cooking something up for Wrestlemania 3 too.

AWA: Wrestle Rock 86
April 20, 1986
Hubert Humphrey Metrodome
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Attendance: 22,000

Matches the Same as in OTL

Singles Match
Brad Rheingans defeats Boris Zhukov (w/Sheik Adnan Al-Kassie) (8:39)

Tag Team Match (Special Referee: Gary Lumpkin)
Cowboy Lang & Little Mr. T defeat Little Tokyo & Lord Littlebrook (10:01)

Singles Match
Col. DeBeers defeats Wahoo McDaniel by DQ (5:06)

ATL Match
Singles Match
Playboy Buddy Rose (w/Doug Sommers and Sherri Martell) defeats Marty Jannetty (w/Shawn Michaels) by pinfall (7:32) Originally scheduled as a tag match with all four men the schedule was juggled last minute do to the seeming disappearance of Buck Zumhofe. Doug Sommers slips Buddy Rose a foreign object when Shawn complains to the ref Buddy nails Marty with it and rolls the man up for the win. Both teams start brawling with the Buddy and Doug running away when the Midnight Rockers seem to get the upper hand. Just in time for the introduction of Tiger Mask.

ATL Match
Singles Match for the NWA International Junior Heavyweight Championship
Tiger Mask (c) (Mitsuhara Misawa) defeats Shawn Michaels (w/Marty Jannetty) by pinfall (15:24) This Match replaces Tiger Mask vs Buck Zumhofe who in this timeline has just mysteriously vanished from the face of the earth a week before the match, police will not comment as it's an ongoing investigation. This match is made a title match to make up for the change of schedule and hasty booking for the fans and boy do they get a show. This match steals the spotlight both men showing those flashes of greatness which will someday make them the top guys in their promotions. Tiger Mask putting away Michaels with a spectacular somersault splash off the top rope. The cameraman gets just the right angle and is a cover for numerous wrestling magazines. After the match Rose and Summers storm the ring looking for some revenge only to be run off once again as Tiger Mask teams up with the Midnight Rockers to clear the ring. The three baby faces standing tall. Tension increased when the tag teams clash again.

ATL Match
Tag Team Match
The Long Riders (Bill Irwin & Scott Irwin) vs. The Fabulous Ones (Stan Lane & Steve Keirn) Ends in a wild brawl and a Double DQ (11:45). This match is unusual for the AWA as both teams were heels. Originally the Long Riders were scheduled to fight for the tag titles that night but this was changed as the former US Express was red hot off their WWF run and them fighting Hall and Hennig was considered better box office. The wild finish with neither team losing keeps them hot for future feuds.

OTL Matches
Singles Match
Giant Baba defeats Bob Brown (5:41)

Singles Match
Harley Race vs. Rick Martel - Double Count Out (17:34)

Battle Royal
Sherri Martel defeats Candi Devine and Debbie Combs and Despina Montagas and Joyce Grable and Kat LeRoux and Luna Vachon and Misty Blue Simmes and Rose Devine and Taylor Thomas (7:30)

Singles Match for the AWA Americas Heavyweight Title
Sgt. Slaughter (c) defeats Kamala (w/Skandor Akbar) by DQ (9:43)

ATL Match
Tag Team Match for the AWA World Tag Team Titles
Curt Hennig & Scott Hall (c) defeat Barry Windham & Mike Rotundo by pinfall (15:01). The crowd goes nuts for the Windham and Rotundo when they make their entrance. This match turns out to be a tag team clinic and considered the hidden gem of the show. The type of match that is your favorite wrestlers favorite wrestling match. Hennig gets the win for his team by pinning Mike Rotundo after top turnbuckle flying dropkick. Both teams shake hands. The Long Riders appear and start stalking the champs but they're attacked by The Fabulous Ones resuming their brawl. Soon all four teams are getting in on the crazed fight. The Riders lay out Hennig with a loaded boot before it's broken up.

The rest of the matches end as OTL

European Rules Match (Special Referee: Larry Hennig)
Scott LeDoux (w/Bob Lurtsema) defeats Larry Zbyszko (w/Ninja Go) by DQ [Round 6]

Singles Match for the AWA World Heavyweight Title
Nick Bockwinkel defeats Stan Hansen (c) by DQ (10:08)

Steel Cage Tag Team Match
Greg Gagne & Jimmy Snuka (w/Verne Gagne) defeat King Kong Brody & The Barbarian (w/Sheik Adnan Al-Kassie) (11:30)

Steel Cage Match
Verne Gagne defeats Sheik Adnan Al-Kassie (3:49)

Steel Cage Tag Team Match
The Road Warriors (Road Warrior Animal & Road Warrior Hawk) defeat The Fabulous Freebirds (Jimmy Garvin & Michael Hayes) (7:18)

Last edited:
Ok it's the big one wrestling fans the event that put the WWF and Pro Wrestling on the map. I've made some changes to the card based on the way our timeline has been evolving and hope you all enjoy it.

Wrestlemania III
March 29th, 1987
Pontiac Silverdome
Pontiac, Michigan
Attendance: 93,173

The Same as OTL Match

Tag Team Match
The Can-Am Connection (Rick Martel and Tom Zenk) defeated Bob Orton, Jr. and The Magnificent Muraco (w/Mr. Fuji) (5:37)

ATL Match
Handicap Match
The Giant Machine (Andre the Giant) Defeated Big John Studd and King Kong Bundy (w/Bobby Heenan) by Submission (4:34) This has been building for months with vignettes showing a new immense masked wrestler fresh off a tour of Japan called the Giant Machine and his revolving cast of masked but familiar tag team partners. It's fairly obvious who's under the mask. The Machines as they're known start racking up wins against jobbers every week. After one of these wins they're confronted by King Kong Bundy and Big John Studd who insinuate they know who the big man really is and demand he unmask. Studd is especially unhinged seeing this new immense foe. Mumbling to himself how he retired that freak and disobeying “The Brain” time and time again to get a piece of the big masked man. A tag team match is set for Wrestlemania between the teams. Studd and Bundy then take out The Giant Machine's partner and rip off his mask on national TV revealing it to be Billy Jack Haynes.

This sets up a handicap match for Wrestlemania III. Studd and The Machine start things out with a test of strength they seems even in all things but this only lasts for a minute. Giant Machine just starts unleashing his strength and stamina and Big John can't keep up, he's getting a savage beating and selling it well. Crawling back to his corner to make the tag, Bundy steps off the ring apron while Heenan nods in approval. Shocked he's been betrayed. Studd is then spun around and lifted into a massive bear hug where he soon passes out and is dropped immediately afterwards.

After the match The Giant Machine pulls off his mask to reveal himself as Andre the Giant. Bobby Heenan then signals to him to continue the attack on Studd. Bundy joins in, and the prone man is carried off on a stretcher. An interviewer comes down to the ring for a promo. Heenan reveals that he's dropped Big John Studd as a client for disobeying him, and he's found a new giant who's happy to take orders. Andre just laughs. Not finished Heenan pulls out a contract from his jacket pocket and announces that he'd snuck a clause into the details that if The Giant Machine won this match then Andre the Giant would be reinstated. Hercules and Harley Race run out to do some back slapping and welcome the new addition to the Heenan Family.

The fans are in shock. Andre is beloved they were waiting on pins and needles for his official return to WWF but not like this they'd never imagined and at first they're silent, then they start booing loudly. Not that the Giant cares he hasn't looked this good in 10 years. Dressed in what will become his iconic one strap singlet for the first time, a physical change to show his heel turn. Andre will start rebuilding his mystique post Wrestlemania by just squashing one guy after another. Showing he's a threat again and not to be trifled with. He's spent the last two years getting surgery for his acromegaly and rehabbing his body.

ATL Match

Tag Team Match
Demolition (Ax and Smash w/Mr. Fuji) Defeated Hillbilly Jim and Cousin Elmer by pinfall in (7:27) Backlash from the Battle Royal posted by Megafighter3. There's a few instances of brawling outside the ring but mostly the country bumpkins are just outclassed by the new leather clad duo. Elmer takes Decapitation and is pinned by Ax. Walking off the victors.

The Same as OTL Matches

Singles Match, Loser Must Bow Stipulation
Harley Race (w/Bobby Heenan and The Fabulous Moolah) defeated The Junkyard Dog (4:22). It's been a good night for the Heenan Family. The fans heat for this faction has gone radioactive 90,000 jeering fans.

Tag Team Match
The Dream Team (Greg Valentine and Brutus Beefcake) (w/Johnny Valiant and Dino Bravo) defeated The Fabulous Rougeaus (Jacques and Raymond) (4:03)

ATL Match

Single Match, Hair vs Hair Stipulation
Tito Santana (w/Roddy Piper) defeated Adrian Adonis (w/Jimmy Hart) by Submission (6:54). The newly retired and Hollywood bound Roddy Piper is getting harassed by the Hart stable who try and threaten the Hot Rod into getting them all jobs in the movies too. Piper responds they're not pretty enough, Adrian Adonis is especially offended by that. So Piper gets himself a gladiator in Tito Santana. The match is set as hair vs hair for Wrestlemania. Tito wins with Piper's sleeper hold at the same time Piper is putting Jimmy Hart to sleep. Both Adrian and Jimmy get a haircut.

ATL Match

Tag Team Match for the WWF Tag Team Championships
The Hart Foundation (c) (Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart w/Jimmy Hart) Defeated The Killer Bees (Jim Brunzell and Brian Blair) by pinfall (8:52). In otl this was a six man tag match where the Harts and Danny Davis beat the British Bulldog and Tito Santana. With Tito in a singles match and Dynamite Kid still hurting from his injuries the Bee's get the nod for a title match. The Bees lose with Anvil rolling up Blair, referee Danny Davis gives a fast count and it's revealed he's crooked and in Jimmy Hart's pay. Jim Brunzell beats Danny up after the match.

Same as OTL Match
Singles Match
Butch Reed (w/Slick) defeated Koko B. Ware (3:39)

Atl Match

Singles Match for the WWF Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship
“The Maniac” Matt Borne (w/George Steele) defeated “Macho Man” Randy Savage (c) (w/Miss Elizabeth) by pinfall (14:35). As Ricky Steamboat is elsewhere in this timeline Matt Borne has stepped into his place. George Steele has taken Borne under his wing and now appears and acts as the mild mannered teacher he was in real life, dressed in a suit and fedora. He's passed that erratic behavior to his protege who's taken on a Wildman persona and been given the nick name “Maniac” by the announcers.

This match is considered one of the best on the card and probably the best of Borne's career though Savage carried most of the match he made his opponent look stellar. Borne wins the match with an explosive Seated Senton off the ropes and walks away the new champion. He calls the move the Seated Bedlam.

ATL Match

Singles Match
Davie Boy Smith (w/Dynamite Kid and Matilda the Bulldog) defeated The Honky Tonk Man (w/Jimmy Hart) by pinfall (7:04). This match is to keep the Bulldogs vs Hart Family feud going even with Dynamite recovering from injury. A familiar formula Jimmy Hart tries to cheat and ends up smashing Honky over the head with his own guitar. Davie Boy capitalizes with a powerslam and the 123.

After the match Honky and Hart try and dognap Matilda but she's won't have it and barks to alert the Brits celebrating in the ring who chase off the heels and get their happy pet back.

ATL Match

Handicap Tag Team Match
The Haiti Kid, Little Beaver, Little Tokyo, and Lord Littlebrook deafeated The Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff (w/Slick) via pinfall (5:44). Just a purely comedic type of match with the Sheik and Volkoff acting overly serious, this resembled a Benny Hill chase scene more than a wrestling match at times. The Little Men eventually trip the Sheik off the ring apron then mob Volkoff all four getting the pin and win.

ATL

Singles Match For the WWF World Heavyweight Championship
Hulk Hogan defeated Jake “The Snake” Roberts (w/ Alice Cooper) by pinfall (17:36) This match is the most anticipated on the card and the one that sold out the Silverdome and has been brewing ever since Jake DDTed the Hulkster during an interview segment and instead of getting booed for it the Snake was cheered. In OTL Hogan used backstage politics to get out of this feud an ensure his meal ticked at the top of the card but in this world the booking committee thinks otherwise. Andre vs Hogan is inevitable but not just yet, Andre needs his heat back. But this seems like a hot angle. Jake starts playing the antihero chasing Hogan for a match. The fans are split on who to cheer for and it seems to be drawing in new viewers. Roberts gets more manipulative and desperate as the champ seems to be dodging him but with legitimate reasons. Finally Jake attacks Hogan on an episode of Piper's Pit leaving the Title Belt draped in a python. They have a tag team match that night Jake and Dino Bravo win by count out over Hogan and Hillbilly Jim. Setting up the Mania match.

It's a slow deliberate match with Jake Roberts setting the pace trying to slowly wear down the bigger man. At one point it seems to work too as Jake hits the DDT and gets a visual pinfall though the referee is out cold. Jake takes this time to bring his snake into the match and places it on Hogan with a sick smile. Posing over the scene, probably the single most remembered image from the match. The reptile is soon cleared out though as Hogan, Hulks up and hits an Ax Bomber followed by the Atomic Leg Drop getting the pin and retaining. The crowd seems to have been swayed back to Hogan's side and the cheer is raucous as the champ poses down. It had to happen like this. Booking and Vince had considered putting the title on Jake but in real life he was just too volatile.

Then the crowd goes silent again as a spotlight hits a mountain of a man coming out to ringside followed by a smaller figure. Andre the Giant is back and Bobby Heenan has his back. Walking to the ring without any music, he steps inside the ropes. Eyes locked not on Hulk Hogan but on the Title Belt itself. Arms extending and taking it from the champions shoulder. “You'll always be a paper champ while this man is on this roster. You denied him for years. No more.” Bobby Heenan speaks.

Andre says nothing. He'll let his actions speak for themselves. Massive hands wrapped around the title belt bending then breaking the center plate and tearing the leather right down the middle as if it were a toy. Letting one half drop then the other. Then turning around and walking away. Having made his statement.

Andre is rebuilding himself but has his eyes firmly on Hogan and the title. When will it happen and how? Let's figure it out. Who wants a crack at booking the next big cards for WWF in 1987 that'll be King of the Ring in September (pre-ppv version but maybe WWF's last big house show) and then in November the very first Survivor Series? For JCP/NWA you can fantasy book the 2nd Crocket Cup April 10th, the first Eddie Graham Memorial Show May 9th, Any of the 3 Great American Bashes between July 4th and 31st, and the only actual PPV on the calendar Starrcade 87. AWA The only event of note is Superclash II.

Last edited:
I just discovered this thread, so I hope I'm not too late to join in...

September 1987 House Shows, including the pre-ppv version of King of the Ring:
(Note: with such a bloated roster, it was common for the WWF to run two or more shows on the same night)

The "A" Show:
King of the Ring Tournament (single-elimination) Quarter-Finals:
Butch Reed d Superstar Billy Graham
We can play up the angle of Reed injuring Graham here.
Junk Yard Dog d Hercules
Jake Roberts d Jim Duggan
Brutus Beefcake d Adrian Adonis

And we can assume Beefcake adopts the "Barber" gimmick here, playing off Adonis' haircut at WM III.

A Non-Tournament Match, to give the competitors a breather:
Billy Jack Haynes d Haku
Just a slugfest between two powerhouses.

King of the Ring Semi-Finals:
Junk Yard Dog d Butch Reed
Jake Roberts d Brutus Beefcake

In Non-Tournament tag action:
Demolition d Strike Force
An unfortunate loss for the WWF's newest tag team here, but they take it in stride.

King of the Ring Finals:
Jake Roberts d Junk Yard Dog
Roberts is given the King honor as compensation for Hogan keeping the top spot at Wrestlemania III. Speaking of Hogan, the main event:
Hulk Hogan (WWF Champion) d One Man Gang

The "B" Show:
The Fabulous Rougeau Brothers d The Bolsheviks
Bam Bam Bigelow d Ken Patera

Bigelow has yet to make his tv debut, but draws a great pop at house shows.
Greg Valentine, Dino Bravo & "Dangerous" Danny Davis d The Killer Bees & Koko B. Ware
Davis has been paid off by Jimmy Hart for weeks. Though the villains emerge victorious, the heroes enact a small ounce of revenge.
Honky Tonk Man d Matt Borne (Intercontinental Champion)
With Steamboat's early departure, Borne holds the IC belt a while longer. However, Borne will drop the title on tv a few days later and depart the company. But by this time, it is obvious Honky needs to start his reign as "the greatest Intercontinental Champion of all time!"
Harley Race d Hillbilly Jim
I just love the idea of "royalty" vs "hillbilly" here, but Race will have to drop the "King" gimmick any time now.
Randy Savage and Don Muraco fight to a time-limit draw
Both men are 'tweeners at this time, but that won't last long. Muraco will turn face upon aiding Billy Graham, and Savage will make his famous turn on the next Saturday Night's Main Event in October.
The Hart Foundation (Tag Team Champions) d The British Bulldogs
Another round of the all-time classic matchup between two of the greatest tag teams in WWF history.
Big John Studd d King Kong Bundy
Studd hangs around a little longer here, gaining revenge only at house shows. In fact, let's make this his final appearance as well.
Andre the Giant d George "The Animal" Steele
Andre just decimates the beloved old-timer. Could we have Steele depart now, with Andre forcing his retirement?
Paul Orndorff and "Ravishing" Rick Rude are both disqualified in the main event
Orndorff, still a solid worker, gets a nice run going through the Heenan family.

These matches help set the stage for Survivor Series 1987. The struggle is keeping Andre a relevant, viable threat yet not actually facing Hogan until Wrestlemania IV... Up next is SNME, airing October 3, 1987.

Ok it's the big one wrestling fans the event that put the WWF and Pro Wrestling on the map. I've made some changes to the card based on the way our timeline has been evolving and hope you all enjoy it.

Wrestlemania III
March 29th, 1987
Pontiac Silverdome
Pontiac, Michigan
Attendance: 93,173

The Same as OTL Match

Tag Team Match
The Can-Am Connection (Rick Martel and Tom Zenk) defeated Bob Orton, Jr. and The Magnificent Muraco (w/Mr. Fuji) (5:37)

ATL Match
Handicap Match
The Giant Machine (Andre the Giant) Defeated Big John Studd and King Kong Bundy (w/Bobby Heenan) by Submission (4:34) This has been building for months with vignettes showing a new immense masked wrestler fresh off a tour of Japan called the Giant Machine and his revolving cast of masked but familiar tag team partners. It's fairly obvious who's under the mask. The Machines as they're known start racking up wins against jobbers every week. After one of these wins they're confronted by King Kong Bundy and Big John Studd who insinuate they know who the big man really is and demand he unmask. Studd is especially unhinged seeing this new immense foe. Mumbling to himself how he retired that freak and disobeying “The Brain” time and time again to get a piece of the big masked man. A tag team match is set for Wrestlemania between the teams. Studd and Bundy then take out The Giant Machine's partner and rip off his mask on national TV revealing it to be Billy Jack Haynes.

This sets up a handicap match for Wrestlemania III. Studd and The Machine start things out with a test of strength they seems even in all things but this only lasts for a minute. Giant Machine just starts unleashing his strength and stamina and Big John can't keep up, he's getting a savage beating and selling it well. Crawling back to his corner to make the tag, Bundy steps off the ring apron while Heenan nods in approval. Shocked he's been betrayed. Studd is then spun around and lifted into a massive bear hug where he soon passes out and is dropped immediately afterwards.

After the match The Giant Machine pulls off his mask to reveal himself as Andre the Giant. Bobby Heenan then signals to him to continue the attack on Studd. Bundy joins in, and the prone man is carried off on a stretcher. An interviewer comes down to the ring for a promo. Heenan reveals that he's dropped Big John Studd as a client for disobeying him, and he's found a new giant who's happy to take orders. Andre just laughs. Not finished Heenan pulls out a contract from his jacket pocket and announces that he'd snuck a clause into the details that if The Giant Machine won this match then Andre the Giant would be reinstated. Hercules and Harley Race run out to do some back slapping and welcome the new addition to the Heenan Family.

The fans are in shock. Andre is beloved they were waiting on pins and needles for his official return to WWF but not like this they'd never imagined and at first they're silent, then they start booing loudly. Not that the Giant cares he hasn't looked this good in 10 years. Dressed in what will become his iconic one strap singlet for the first time, a physical change to show his heel turn. Andre will start rebuilding his mystique post Wrestlemania by just squashing one guy after another. Showing he's a threat again and not to be trifled with. He's spent the last two years getting surgery for his acromegaly and rehabbing his body.

ATL Match

Tag Team Match
Demolition (Ax and Smash w/Mr. Fuji) Defeated Hillbilly Jim and Cousin Elmer by pinfall in (7:27) Backlash from the Battle Royal posted by Megafighter3. There's a few instances of brawling outside the ring but mostly the country bumpkins are just outclassed by the new leather clad duo. Elmer takes Decapitation and is pinned by Ax. Walking off the victors.

The Same as OTL Matches

Singles Match, Loser Must Bow Stipulation
Harley Race (w/Bobby Heenan and The Fabulous Moolah) defeated The Junkyard Dog (4:22). It's been a good night for the Heenan Family. The fans heat for this faction has gone radioactive 90,000 jeering fans.

Tag Team Match
The Dream Team (Greg Valentine and Brutus Beefcake) (w/Johnny Valiant and Dino Bravo) defeated The Fabulous Rougeaus (Jacques and Raymond) (4:03)

ATL Match

Single Match, Hair vs Hair Stipulation
Tito Santana (w/Roddy Piper) defeated Adrian Adonis (w/Jimmy Hart) by Submission (6:54). The newly retired and Hollywood bound Roddy Piper is getting harassed by the Hart stable who try and threaten the Hot Rod into getting them all jobs in the movies too. Piper responds they're not pretty enough, Adrian Adonis is especially offended by that. So Piper gets himself a gladiator in Tito Santana. The match is set as hair vs hair for Wrestlemania. Tito wins with Piper's sleeper hold at the same time Piper is putting Jimmy Hart to sleep. Both Adrian and Jimmy get a haircut.

ATL Match

Tag Team Match for the WWF Tag Team Championships
The Hart Foundation (c) (Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart w/Jimmy Hart) Defeated The Killer Bees (Jim Brunzell and Brian Blair) by pinfall (8:52). In otl this was a six man tag match where the Harts and Danny Davis beat the British Bulldog and Tito Santana. With Tito in a singles match and Dynamite Kid still hurting from his injuries the Bee's get the nod for a title match. The Bees lose with Anvil rolling up Blair, referee Danny Davis gives a fast count and it's revealed he's crooked and in Jimmy Hart's pay. Jim Brunzell beats Danny up after the match.

Same as OTL Match
Singles Match
Butch Reed (w/Slick) defeated Koko B. Ware (3:39)

Atl Match

Singles Match for the WWF Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship
“The Maniac” Matt Borne (w/George Steele) defeated “Macho Man” Randy Savage (c) (w/Miss Elizabeth) by pinfall (14:35). As Ricky Steamboat is elsewhere in this timeline Matt Borne has stepped into his place. George Steele has taken Borne under his wing and now appears and acts as the mild mannered teacher he was in real life, dressed in a suit and fedora. He's passed that erratic behavior to his protege who's taken on a Wildman persona and been given the nick name “Maniac” by the announcers.

This match is considered one of the best on the card and probably the best of Borne's career though Savage carried most of the match he made his opponent look stellar. Borne wins the match with an explosive Seated Senton off the ropes and walks away the new champion. He calls the move the Seated Bedlam.

ATL Match

Singles Match
Davie Boy Smith (w/Dynamite Kid and Matilda the Bulldog) defeated The Honky Tonk Man (w/Jimmy Hart) by pinfall (7:04). This match is to keep the Bulldogs vs Hart Family feud going even with Dynamite recovering from injury. A familiar formula Jimmy Hart tries to cheat and ends up smashing Honky over the head with his own guitar. Davie Boy capitalizes with a powerslam and the 123.

After the match Honky and Hart try and dognap Matilda but she's won't have it and barks to alert the Brits celebrating in the ring who chase off the heels and get their happy pet back.

ATL Match

Handicap Tag Team Match
The Haiti Kid, Little Beaver, Little Tokyo, and Lord Littlebrook deafeated The Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff (w/Slick) via pinfall (5:44). Just a purely comedic type of match with the Sheik and Volkoff acting overly serious, this resembled a Benny Hill chase scene more than a wrestling match at times. The Little Men eventually trip the Sheik off the ring apron then mob Volkoff all four getting the pin and win.

ATL

Singles Match For the WWF World Heavyweight Championship
Hulk Hogan defeated Jake “The Snake” Roberts (w/ Alice Cooper) by pinfall (17:36) This match is the most anticipated on the card and the one that sold out the Silverdome and has been brewing ever since Jake DDTed the Hulkster during an interview segment and instead of getting booed for it the Snake was cheered. In OTL Hogan used backstage politics to get out of this feud an ensure his meal ticked at the top of the card but in this world the booking committee thinks otherwise. Andre vs Hogan is inevitable but not just yet, Andre needs his heat back. But this seems like a hot angle. Jake starts playing the antihero chasing Hogan for a match. The fans are split on who to cheer for and it seems to be drawing in new viewers. Roberts gets more manipulative and desperate as the champ seems to be dodging him but with legitimate reasons. Finally Jake attacks Hogan on an episode of Piper's Pit leaving the Title Belt draped in a python. They have a tag team match that night Jake and Dino Bravo win by count out over Hogan and Hillbilly Jim. Setting up the Mania match.

It's a slow deliberate match with Jake Roberts setting the pace trying to slowly wear down the bigger man. At one point it seems to work too as Jake hits the DDT and gets a visual pinfall though the referee is out cold. Jake takes this time to bring his snake into the match and places it on Hogan with a sick smile. Posing over the scene, probably the single most remembered image from the match. The reptile is soon cleared out though as Hogan, Hulks up and hits an Ax Bomber followed by the Atomic Leg Drop getting the pin and retaining. The crowd seems to have been swayed back to Hogan's side and the cheer is raucous as the champ poses down. It had to happen like this. Booking and Vince had considered putting the title on Jake but in real life he was just too volatile.

Then the crowd goes silent again as a spotlight hits a mountain of a man coming out to ringside followed by a smaller figure. Andre the Giant is back and Bobby Heenan has his back. Walking to the ring without any music, he steps inside the ropes. Eyes locked not on Hulk Hogan but on the Title Belt itself. Arms extending and taking it from the champions shoulder. “You'll always be a paper champ while this man is on this roster. You denied him for years. No more.” Bobby Heenan speaks.

Andre says nothing. He'll let his actions speak for themselves. Massive hands wrapped around the title belt bending then breaking the center plate and tearing the leather right down the middle as if it were a toy. Letting one half drop then the other. Then turning around and walking away. Having made his statement.

Andre is rebuilding himself but has his eyes firmly on Hogan and the title. When will it happen and how? Let's figure it out. Who wants a crack at booking the next big cards for WWF in 1987 that'll be King of the Ring in September (pre-ppv version but maybe WWF's last big house show) and then in November the very first Survivor Series? For JCP/NWA you can fantasy book the 2nd Crocket Cup April 10th, the first Eddie Graham Memorial Show May 9th, Any of the 3 Great American Bashes between July 4th and 31st, and the only actual PPV on the calendar Starrcade 87. AWA The only event of note is Superclash II.
All right I admit Hogan vs Jake the Snake is better than my idea

Some coliseum home videos for this timeline so far
WrestleMania1.jpeg.jpg

Wrestlemania 1 is unchanged
PSX_20211027_110851.jpg
PSX_20211027_114810.jpg
PSX_20211026_222323.jpg

Saturday Night Main October 3rd, 1987 at Hershey Park Arena in Hershey Park, PA.

Event The show opens with the announce team hyping up tonight’s huge main event and recapping what happened recently on WWF’s weekly television programming. Specifically the Intercontinental Championship Match between the Honky Tonk Man and Randy “Macho Man” Savage. Honky’s manager summoning the Hart Foundation to the ring and beat down the challenger, sending Ms. Elizabeth to the floor in the process. She retreats to the locker room and minutes later returns with Hulk Hogan who saves Macho and the two start to clear house with a handshake afterwards. Setting up tonight’s huge match up the Hart Foundation will defend their WWF World Tag Team Championships against The WWF World Champion Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage in the Main Event.

Cut to an interview segment with Hulk and Macho. They talk about destiny about personalities colliding, about Hulkamania running wild only to meet the Madness. Forces of nature creating Mega Powers. Informally introducing their team name and how they’ll be announced later that night during the match.

Cutting back to ringside Bobby Heenan won’t be outdone and says he has an even bigger announcement planned for tonight.

ATL Match

Jake “The Snake” Roberts defeats Harley Race by pinfall at 7:59. This is a treat for the fans who’ve been attending live shows or following WWF outside of TV taping as Race has been chasing Roberts since he won the non-televised King Of the Ring tournament, protecting his claim as King of Wrestling. It also marks Jake’s face turn. It’s a fun match. The King falls victim to the DDT after being distracted by his own manager Bobby Heenan on commentary.

ATL Match

Sika (with Mr. Fuji and Kimchee) vs “Mr. Wonderful” Paul Orndorf (with Oliver Humperdink) at 7:59. Sika has recently begun a singles career as Kamala his tag team partner is negotiating a new contract with the WWF. A solid match between two veterans, it goes back and forth with both guys hitting their signature moves. Finally Orndorf falls victim to a Samoan Drop and Sika gets the 1-2-3.

ATL Match

King Kong Bundy and Andre the Giant defeat The Young Stallions (Paul Roma and Jim Powers) at 4:35. This match is basically a squash as the big men just toy with the pretty boys. This ends with Andre scooping up both Roma and Powers at the same time into a bear hug with the submission.

ATL Match

The Mega Powers (Hulk Hogan and Randy “Macho Man” Savage with Ms. Elizabeth) vs. The Hart Foundation (Bret “Hitman” Hart and Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart with Jimmy Hart) at 13:00. The crowd comes alive for this one. Commentary mentions the upcoming Survivor Series for the first time. A clash of styles the Harts countering Savage and Hulks power moves at every turn. Bret and Jim set up Macho for the Hart Attack but he escapes at the last minute and gets a hot tag. Hogan cleans house. Just as it looks like the Hulkster is about to drop the leg, Honky Tonk Man, Andre the Giant and King Kong Bundy hit the ring and attack the Mega Powers and causing the dq and starting a beat down. Once again Ms. Elizabeth runs off to the locker room in tears.

Heenan leaves commentary and grabs a mic and enters the ring. His huge announcement for tonight revealed. He and Jimmy Hart are joining forces and these five men will represent them at the upcoming Survivor Series and they’re challenging Hogan and Savage to find a team that can even compete with them.

Ms. Elizabeth reappears from the curtain being followed by Bam Bam Bigelow who gets a huge pop as he enters, and the Rick Martel and Tito Santana, Strike Force. Hogan and Savage break free with the help of the new comers and all five men clear the ring. The Mega Powers are announced the winners by dq and all five men pose down to Real American to send the crowd home happy.

Who wants to take a crack Survivor Series 87?

OOC: It’s been a while since the last chapter but wanted to put something out cause I still have a lot of love for this timeline. Special thanks to Demon Space Cat for jumping in out of nowhere, feel free to continue if you like and THeaven for adding those excellent video covers, that was above and beyond. Interesting fact Survivor Series and Starrcade 1987 took place on the same night. It was a really competitive time in the Wrestling World. Encouraging any Wrestling Fans out there to take a chance and put up a post.