Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes V (Do Not Post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long Overdue
(VI: S T A R P O W E R)

3a1eAHb.png

Reagan, the charismatic governor of a midwestern state, and Wallace, the racially progressive senator from the south, were the powerhouse ticket guaranteed to win '68, even without the complicated centrist campaign coming from Buckley.

Long Overdue

3a1eAHb.png

Reagan, the charismatic governor of a midwestern state, and Wallace, the racially progressive senator from the south, were the powerhouse ticket guaranteed to win '68, even without the complicated centrist campaign coming from Buckley.
Sees mustache
Ok this is epic

Long Overdue

3a1eAHb.png

Why does it look like that Reagan wants to sell me a car?

Long Overdue

Can I borrow Mustache Reagan?

EDIT: I made the wikiboxes better

Wikipedia said this "In 1956, when Eisenhower mulled not running for a second term, he suggested Dewey as his choice as successor, but party leaders made it plain that they would not entrust the nomination to Dewey yet again, and ultimately Eisenhower decided to run for re-election." So I thought, what if Dewey had lost the 1948 nomination (maybe 1944 as well), and the GOP leaders wanted to give the man a chance.
1956election2.jpg3.png

Eisenhower would convince Dewey to run in 1956, and when he did run, the president offered him his full support.
Thomas would win the primaries. He chose Nixon as his running mate, but Tricky Dick would decline (to Dewey's dismay). He would choose Warren instead.
With all of Ike's support, Dewey would win the presidential election.
1960election5.png.jpg6.jpg7.png8.png

Dewey would run for reelection.
The Democrats would choose the southern democrat, Lyndon Johnson with the charismatic JFK as his running mate. Though they would argue on policies.
Thomas Dewey would win.
assassination4.png.jpg5.jpg

In 1963 Lee Harvey Oswald would shoot Dewey and Warren, with a sniper rifle. Fortunately, the president would survive, but sadly his vice president would die from his wounds the next night.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, shouldn't the state underneath Dewey be New York, instead of Michigan? I mean, even though Dewey was born in Michigan, he spent most of his political career in New York.

Just out of curiosity, shouldn't the state underneath Dewey be New York, instead of Michigan? I mean, even though Dewey was born in Michigan, he spent most of his political career in New York.
Oh, I always thought that the state under the politicians' name in the elections was their home state.

Chapman

Donor
Oh, I always thought that the state under the politicians' name in the elections was their home state.

Well it is, but in this context their "home state" refers to the one they're registered to vote in, not the place they were born. And since Dewey lived/worked in New York, it's safe to assume that's where he was registered to vote. & with that in mind, he and Nelson Rockefeller wouldn't be able to run together (again, assuming they're both registered in New York).

Just a small detail, but it does matter.

Well it is, but in this context their "home state" refers to the one they're registered to vote in, not the place they were born. And since Dewey lived/worked in New York, it's safe to assume that's where he was registered to vote. & with that in mind, he and Nelson Rockefeller wouldn't be able to run together (again, assuming they're both registered in New York).

Just a small detail, but it does matter.
Oh well
Also, you can't run with someone who is registered in the same state as you?
Originally I was gonna choose Earl Warren as his running mate, welp

Status
Not open for further replies.