Alternative WrestleMania matches.

Hello all is that time of the year again when the WWE try's to put effort into their program, so it must be that we on the road to WrestleMania, now WrestleMania is said to be the greatest show of them all, the final of Wreslteing but sometimes they get it wrong and the final feels underwhelming so here's the chance to rewrite the mistake and create your own mania matches, here are some of mine :

WrestleMania X : Lex Luger vs Bret Hart for the WWF championship, this is what I believe would happen if they pull the trigger on Luger at Summerslam for the title, Hart can win the rumble to face Luger and the build up would be Luger being a tweener of sorts, not full on heel but hints of his narcissistic grimick, saying that he was the only one who could beat Yokozuna and Bret couldn't have, I think it would be a fine match with Hart getting the win over Luger to win the championship.

WrestleMania 20 : Brock Lenser vs Chris Benoit for the WWE Championship, I know that the elephant in the room but what if Benoit went after Lenser instead of the World Heavyweight championship?, I think the match would be good and as for Lenser 'final' match what better way as to trap out, there is a problem with this being we could get the Triple H vs Shawn Michaels match which could be good butit also could be boring, my solution have Jericho in there instead and have him win.

WrestleMania 22: Randy Orton vs Kurt Angle for the WHC, in this timelin Eddie Guerrero doesn't died which in turn make Ray rumble win disappear, at Summerslam Orton defeat Bastian while Angle ends up Winning the rumble and challenges Orton, have Angle win and let's his final moments in WWE be as champion and his final match within the Fed be at Summerslam.

WrestleMania 24 : Randy Orton vs John Cena that's it get it over with.

WrestleMania 25: Chris Jeorcho vs John Cena vs Edge for the WHC, have Jerchio held the tile until Maina and have Cena beat him at Maina I added Edge because I don't know what else he would do, have a match against the Big Show no thanks

WrestleMania 27: Christian vs Edge for the WHC, Christian return and wins the rumble, challenges Edge for the title and have a personal story between the two, would be a great final match for Edge and mostly Del Rio doesn't have a rumble win.

WrestleMania 28: Daneil Bryan vs The Miz for the WHC, this is my fantasy booking the Miz wins the rumble after sneakily eliminating Sheamus as the last man,Miz wants Bryan at Maina since he never got to select their rivalry, have Bryan and Aj Lee (his on screen girlfriend be faces), at Maina have Aj Lee coast Bryan the match by accident, as they were kissing Miz comes up behind him and hits his finisher to win, this would also be important later.

WrestleMania 29: Cm Punk vs John Cena for the WWE championship, I believe that even if Punk gets his Mania main event he would still be gone by the next year but it would be better to end his tile reign at Maina.

WrestleMania 29: The Rock vs Triple H if Cena doesn't have the Rock Triple H can have his win back against the rock in a no hold bar match.

WrestleMania 33: Chris Jericho vs Kevin Owens for the Universe Championship and the United States championship, have Jericho win the rumble and let the story play between the two, you had it right until Owens lost to Goldbreg.

WrestleMania 33: Aj Styles vs John Cena for the WWE championship, I don't know if I want Cena to win the rumble or have him win a chamber match, even way Styles face Cena and Cena wins his 13 title at Mania, you can do the marriage proposal as well.

WrestleMania 34: Roman Regins vs The Miz for the Universe Championship, after carrying the intercontinental championship for a year Miz is rewarded with the Universe championship by defeating Seth Rollings, Roman Regins, Finn Balor and Brey Wytt at Extreme Rules, the rivalry between Miz and Regins happens all through 2018 with Miz always beating Regins, Regins wins the rumble faces Miz for the title and wins for the match, i think I'm the only one who want to see this match.

WrestleMania 35: The Miz vs Daniel Bryan for the WWE championship, I'm still mad we never got a proper ending to the rivalry, it would have been great for both men, Miz beats Styles at the smacked down Bryan did, have Bryan win the rumble and let him win at Maina, you can do his heel turn after and have him lose to Kofi at Summerslam, I just wanted a grand final for their rivalry.

WrestleMania 35: Seth Rollings vs Finn Balor for the Universe championship, pretty much Balor turns heel at Summerslam after cheating against Roman Reigns to win the title, the smarks can have Balor club running on run with Balor being his Prime Devitt character, Rollings wins a battle royal to face Balor at Maina and wins.

And that's it for me can't wait to hear yours alternative Maina matchs, just to be clear this can be anywhere in the card I only did the main events I wanted to see, apologies if this is the wrong place for the thread , have fun.

Last edited:
Wrestlemania XIV: Bret Hart defends the WWF Title against Stone Cold Steve Austin. We deserve a final blow-off match between these two dammit!

Some of My Own

WrestleMania IX - Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels/Razor Ramon (c) for the WWF Championship (Have Ramon win the belt at RR93)

WrestleMania 24, 26, & 28 - Randy Orton vs John Cena (These two legit could've had their own Rock v Austin Trilogy at WrestleMania but HHH wanted to book himself looking tough

WrestleMania 27 - Randy Orton vs "Stone Cold" Steve Austin & Hulk Hogan vs John Cena (Viper v Rattlesnake and the two icons of the WWE, Cena v Rock can be 31 and 32); Herschel Walker vs Undertaker (Taker is a huge MMA mark and iirc, Walker was getting out of his time in MMA at this point and I read an article of Walker being interested in Wrestling)

WrestleMania 29 - Randy Orton vs Undertaker (A much more experienced Viper trying to redeem his loss from when he was a fresh rookie)

WrestleMania XXX - Randy Orton vs The Rock (Two Third Generation Superstars battling it out to determine who is the greatest of all time); Goldberg vs Undertaker

Sorry for mostly Orton ones, but they were the only ones I could think of off the top of my head, ehheh.

Also, apologies if this thread should be considered dead. Please lock it if that should be the case, Mods. Sorry for Necro'ing a thread.

WrestleMania 2000: X-Pac Vs Triple H Vs The Rock Vs The Big Show Vs Mick Foley - X-Pac and the New-Age Outlaws would leave D-Generation X after realizing that HHH had been using them only to get more and more successful, and X-Pac challenges Triple H to a match during Monday Night Raw a few weeks before WrestleMania. Triple H, being incredibly cocky, would offer X-Pac a shot at the title at WrestleMania 2000 if he can beat The Rock and The Big Show which he expected him to lose. X-Pac ends up winning this match with the help of the New-Age Outlaws and gets his spot at WrestleMania 2000. (He pins Big Show, so it's decided that The Rock won the Royal Rumble) The match would start off with all 3 opponents teaming up on Mick Foley, he is eliminated first. He retaliates via attacking X-Pac with a 2 by 4, but he narrowly avoids being pinned by Triple H via a rope break. The Rock and Triple H begin to brawl hopelessly before the Big Show would come from the entrance demanding to be added into the match, distracting both The Rock and Triple H right before X-Pac would dive onto the both of them, pinning them both for the win.

Last edited:
Some of My Own

WrestleMania IX - Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels/Razor Ramon (c) for the WWF Championship (Have Ramon win the belt at RR93)

WrestleMania 24, 26, & 28 - Randy Orton vs John Cena (These two legit could've had their own Rock v Austin Trilogy at WrestleMania but HHH wanted to book himself looking tough

WrestleMania 27 - Randy Orton vs "Stone Cold" Steve Austin & Hulk Hogan vs John Cena (Viper v Rattlesnake and the two icons of the WWE, Cena v Rock can be 31 and 32); Herschel Walker vs Undertaker (Taker is a huge MMA mark and iirc, Walker was getting out of his time in MMA at this point and I read an article of Walker being interested in Wrestling)

WrestleMania 29 - Randy Orton vs Undertaker (A much more experienced Viper trying to redeem his loss from when he was a fresh rookie)

WrestleMania XXX - Randy Orton vs The Rock (Two Third Generation Superstars battling it out to determine who is the greatest of all time); Goldberg vs Undertaker

Sorry for mostly Orton ones, but they were the only ones I could think of off the top of my head, ehheh.

Also, apologies if this thread should be considered dead. Please lock it if that should be the case, Mods. Sorry for Necro'ing a thread.

Based Orton enjoyer.

I do argee with the Orton/Cena matchs could have been great but how would a trilogy play out, it's most common complaint I heard that the two had more matches than there need to be, I also agree that Triple H shouldn't have been put in ruined any chance of being good, I never thought about Orton ended the streak but it does make sense thematically.

WrestleMania VIII- Hulk Hogan v. Ric Flair (c) WWF World Championship Match

WrestleMania 29 The Rock (c) v. CM Punk WWE Championship Match

Here's some right off the top of my head.

WrestleMania IV: Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat in a championship tournament match.

WrestleMania VII: Hogan/Warrior II in the LA Coliseum.

WrestleMania VIII: Flair vs. Hogan: Need I say more?

WrestleMania IX: Undertaker vs. ANYONE BUT GIANT GONZALES! My personal choice? Bam Bam Bigelow. Taker wins clean.

WrestleMania XIV: Cactus Jack vs. Terry Funk: As much as I liked their tag match against the Outlaws, this match would be even more memorable.

WrestleMania XV: Stone Cold vs. Dr. Death for the WWF Championship.

WrestleMania XVI: The Rock vs Triple H: Basically, it's the Iron Man match they had at Judgment Day 2000. None of that "McMahon in Every Corner" bullcrap. Rocky wins it. Booger Red returns during the post-match beatdown.

WrestleMania XX: Undertaker vs Sting. Enough said.

WrestleMania XXX: Daniel Bryan vs. Brock Lesnar.

WrestleMania IX: Randy Savage vs. Bret Hart: Randy wins the Rumble instead of Yokozuna as they were the last two participants. Savage seems to be the heavy favorite despite being the challenger, the natural face of the company. Bret won't quit though and keeps coming back and gets the win, giving us a passing of the torch moment from the stars of the Eighties to the New Generation.

Based Orton enjoyer.

I do argee with the Orton/Cena matchs could have been great but how would a trilogy play out, it's most common complaint I heard that the two had more matches than there need to be, I also agree that Triple H shouldn't have been put in ruined any chance of being good, I never thought about Orton ended the streak but it does make sense thematically.

I do think that many of the matches that occurred throughout 2007-2013 was because they could never have those WrestleMania Matches w/o the threat of HHH burying them due to his position as Vince's son-in-law. Most likely, they have a few PPV Matches in 2009 and 2011, but 2008 and 2010 see big pushes for Jeff Hardy, Umaga, Christian, Edge, Punk, Barrett, Miz, etc, etc as the two prepare for the Mania matches. How I'd design it

WrestleMania 24 set-up : Orton injures Cena and becomes champion at No Mercy 2007, w/o HHH trying to bury him because of his massive ego he never loses the belt up to WrestleMania 24. At Royal Rumble 2008, Cena returns as #30. No Way Out 2008 is Cena v HHH for a WrestleMania Main Event Opportunity (a callback to the 2006 Match between Orton and Mysterio). Cena beats HHH and goes to Mania. Have HHH go after another belt, maybe the ECW Championship to quell his bruised ego. Cena wins at WrestleMania 24 but the next night on Raw, after being attacked and brutally beaten by Orton, Punk cashes in bis MitB contract and wins the WWE Championship.

WrestleMania 26 set-up - Cena retains the belt at TLC 2009 and holds it to WrestleMania 26, Orton wins the 2010 Royal Rumble while Edge steals Jericho's WHC victory from him. Have Orton win at WrestleMania 26, setting up the final rematch.

WrestleMania 28 - Randy Orton retains the World Heavyweight Championship from Mark Henry while Cena retains the WWE Championship at HIAC. Wresltemania 28's main event is a unification match as the World Heavyweight Championship and WWE Champpionship is put in a No DQ, anything goes, Falls Count Anywhere 60 minute Iron Man Match. With Cena getting ready to go Hollywood around this time, I'd put Orton over and CM Punk can win the unified belts at Extreme Rules and have his long reign,

between those three matches, have very scattered segments between them and acknowledge WMXXVIII be acknowledged as the match that will settle things once and for all, like how WrestleMania XIX settled things for Austin v Rock.

I do think that many of the matches that occurred throughout 2007-2013 was because they could never have those WrestleMania Matches w/o the threat of HHH burying them due to his position as Vince's son-in-law. Most likely, they have a few PPV Matches in 2009 and 2011, but 2008 and 2010 see big pushes for Jeff Hardy, Umaga, Christian, Edge, Punk, Barrett, Miz, etc, etc as the two prepare for the Mania matches. How I'd design it

WrestleMania 24 set-up : Orton injures Cena and becomes champion at No Mercy 2007, w/o HHH trying to bury him because of his massive ego he never loses the belt up to WrestleMania 24. At Royal Rumble 2008, Cena returns as #30. No Way Out 2008 is Cena v HHH for a WrestleMania Main Event Opportunity (a callback to the 2006 Match between Orton and Mysterio). Cena beats HHH and goes to Mania. Have HHH go after another belt, maybe the ECW Championship to quell his bruised ego. Cena wins at WrestleMania 24 but the next night on Raw, after being attacked and brutally beaten by Orton, Punk cashes in bis MitB contract and wins the WWE Championship.

WrestleMania 26 set-up - Cena retains the belt at TLC 2009 and holds it to WrestleMania 26, Orton wins the 2010 Royal Rumble while Edge steals Jericho's WHC victory from him. Have Orton win at WrestleMania 26, setting up the final rematch.

WrestleMania 28 - Randy Orton retains the World Heavyweight Championship from Mark Henry while Cena retains the WWE Championship at HIAC. Wresltemania 28's main event is a unification match as the World Heavyweight Championship and WWE Champpionship is put in a No DQ, anything goes, Falls Count Anywhere 60 minute Iron Man Match. With Cena getting ready to go Hollywood around this time, I'd put Orton over and CM Punk can win the unified belts at Extreme Rules and have his long reign,

between those three matches, have very scattered segments between them and acknowledge WMXXVIII be acknowledged as the match that will settle things once and for all, like how WrestleMania XIX settled things for Austin v Rock.
Very good I like it, I would personally follow the same as the Rock/Austin with Cena winning two and Orton having the final match, the different things with my would that Orton wins the iron man match against Cena in 2009 with Cena can't face Orotn again for the title,have Cena barley lose the rumble and have him win the Chamber match to face Orotn at Mania 26 and win, the final blow off would be at Maina 34 with the two having a understanding of one and other,you could play with the storyline with Orotn willingness to defeat Cena, Orton has done everything but defeat Cena at Maina, that's how you the rival ends with Orton victories over Cena. I will say that the most unrealistic expectations of yours is Triple H winning the ECW Championship, I believe he through the title was under him not a complaint just very funny.

The fact that we never got a real (I'm not counting that segment in 2018) Undertaker vs John Cena match always puzzled me.
Or Cena v Hogan.

It would've been a perfect opportunity for Cena to turn Heel, but at least nowadays we have the chance of one day getting Hollywood Cena.

Very good I like it, I would personally follow the same as the Rock/Austin with Cena winning two and Orton having the final match, the different things with my would that Orton wins the iron man match against Cena in 2009 with Cena can't face Orotn again for the title,have Cena barley lose the rumble and have him win the Chamber match to face Orotn at Mania 26 and win, the final blow off would be at Maina 34 with the two having a understanding of one and other,you could play with the storyline with Orotn willingness to defeat Cena, Orton has done everything but defeat Cena at Maina, that's how you the rival ends with Orton victories over Cena. I will say that the most unrealistic expectations of yours is Triple H winning the ECW Championship, I believe he through the title was under him not a complaint just very funny.

Pretty interesting idea you have yourself. As for HHH, I'm just burying him because his ego deserves some bruising after what he did to people backstage and in creative, especially Chyna.

Let's See:

Mania 1: Hulk Hogan vs Roddy Piper (C) WWF Title Match

For the first Mania main event I'd have the tag match be replaced by a WWF title match in a surprise set up. I'd have Piper steal the title in a complete cluster finish at the MTV show which had their match on it. Jack Tuney can't reverse the matchup so Hogan orders his rematch for Mania. He spends the next few months training with Mr T and Snuka. Piper meanwhile spends the next few months gloating and defending the belt against ham and eggers to everyone's anger. He's backed up by Orndorff and Orton. Hogan hosts SNL the night before Mania with Mr T and Piper shows up in a surprise bit no one besides McMahon and SNL producer Dick Ebersol were in on. What results is a fight on live TV and a classic SNL moment when the show was near being done for the season. However the show ends on a solid note and into Mania we go.

Hogan dominates early before Piper gets some shots in midway to slow it down. Hulk ultimately wins after outsider referee Muhammad Ali knocks Bob Orton out distracting Roddy enough for Hogan to hulk up and get the leg drop.

Mania 2: Terry Funk vs Hulk Hogan (C) WWF Title Match

As good as the build up was for the main event with Bundy the match else between him and Hulk was blah at best. Best replacement option imo would be the Funker. He was still a big name at this point before he went all Hollywood and he and Hulk had a decent match on SNME. I'd just bring this on here and give Terry a nice send off before he goes to Hollywood to play with Sly and Swayze. Have the build up be a bit like the real match and add some of what we got in 89 with Flair with Terry's sneak attacks. Have Hulk sell the rib injury hard. Match is a No DQ match with Hogan fighting back against interference and Funk's weapons. Hulk finally takes control and wins following a botched hide burning by Funk which turns into the leg drop. Terry leaves in a comedic way while Hulk hypes up Cali's fans.

Mania 10: Wendi Richter vs Alundra Blayze (C) Women's Championship

Let's say either the Spider-lady screwjob either doesn't happen or it ends on better terms and Wendi is respected by Vince and everyone. Wendi respectfully leaves in 1987 or so due to the division drying up but she earns more money and has a solid non wrestling life as a TV personality. Then 1994 comes and with the divison back she un retires for a one match return vs Blaze instead of Kai. Match can go either way but it'd be a fun show.

Mania 13: Razor Ramon vs Sycho Sid WWF Title.

Me and a friend talked about this yesterday after Scott's death but honestly I do agree if he had stayed with Vince instead of leaving for Ted I see Scott getting him a WWF title reign in 1997 if he coulda stayed focused and dedicated. The company badly needed fresh blood at top and if he coulda stayed afloat I see Scott taking it. Taker got it thanks to his dedication but also due to the fact the faces were either beat up or stale. Razor adds some pop to the category and he never won it so it woulda been smart business. So more or less how I see it happening:

-Royal Rumble goes the same with the Austin Screws Bret Ending. Razor gets put in the In Your House Main event making it a 5 man elimination match. Razor wins and gets the Mania title shot after Stone Cold screws Bret; leading to one of Bret's tantrums.

-Undertaker either has his blow off match with Mankind or joins Ahmed Johnson vs LOD in the street fight. Either way he has a solid showing and gets a title shot vs Razor at one of the In Your Houses. His year is still very solid with his feud with Bearer and Michaels by the end of the year. Hell in a Cell still happens.

-Austin and Bret still happens the same.

-Razor and Sid is still set up the same with Bret's goofy inference but instead it only happens once with both guys beating Bret up. Match is back and forth but Razor wins in a hard fought match with the title. Bret returns trying to spoil Razor's moment but he knocks out Bret to end the show.

-Razor holds the belt through Summerslam beating Farrooq, Steve Austin, Vader, and Undertaker at the In Your House PPV's and King of the Ring PPV's. Bret wins it back and holds it to Survivor Series where he loses it to Undertaker in a Triple threat match. Taker then loses it at Royal Rumble to Shawn thanks to Kane.

Ric Flair and Mick Foley vs Edge Mania 22 Hardcore Match

I LOVE the Foley vs Edge match but honestly I always kinda wished Ric was involved in it as well. He and Edge had one of my favorite Raw matches not long earlier and it showed they could work well together. It woulda been a great way to rekindle that and maybe prep better for Ric and Mick's feud in the summer of 2006. Plus make the two legends out to bloody the most hated natural heel on the roster coulda been a real fun treat. Ric was wasted in the ladder match as he was just there to fill the spot out. Match could be a Edge win still despite a lot of carnage; have Mick turn heel early for a shock or have Edge cheat like in the real match (and let Lita take a bump or two even.) Hell for an extra bit of WTF fun Matt Hardy could show up after the match is done and cause more chaos. So much more potential here for more than what we got.