As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Question submitted by @Mitch!

Why does Peacock want to adapt Walt Kelly’s Pogo for television, and how faithful will it be?

Answer:
Peacock's hope was that they could introduce the franchise to a new audience after years of dormancy since the passing of Walt Kelly.

In the mid-2000's, while Blanche Boudreaux was at Warner Bros. working on the Berenstain Bears, Peacock wanted to hire her for a proposed Pogo reboot. But when Blanche wanted her big brother Gus St. Pierre to voice the main character to attract more viewers, the higher-ups at Peacock balked because they felt his asking price would be too high.

So Blanche passed on the project and instead moved on to Nelvana where she and Lauren Faust developed My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Since then, the Pogo reboot died for a little bit, only to be brought back for the Bozo revival later this year.

2010 NBA and NHL Playoffs First Round Matchups
2010 NBA and NHL Playoffs First Round Matchups

NBA
Eastern Conference

1) Cleveland Cavaliers (LeBron James) vs 8) New Jersey Nets (Steph Curry)
2) Orlando Magic (Dwight Howard) vs. 7) Chicago Bulls (Derrick Rose)
3) Boston Celtics (Paul Pierce) vs. 6) Miami Heat (Udonis Haslem)
4) Detroit Pistons (Ben Wallace) vs. 5) Indiana Pacers (Danny Granger)

Western Conference
1) Los Angeles Lakers (Dwyane Wade) vs. 8) Seattle Supersonics (Kevin Durant)
2) San Diego Clippers (Kobe Bryant, Allen Iverson) vs. 7) Utah Raptors (Tracy McGrady)
3) Dallas Mavericks (Dirk Nowitzki) vs. 6) San Antonio Spurs (Tim Duncan)
4) Denver Nuggets (Carmelo Anthony) vs. 5) Phoenix Suns (Steve Nash)

NHL
Eastern Conference

1) Washington Capitals (Alex Ovechkin) vs. 8) Atlanta Flames (Jarome Iginla)
2) Pittsburgh Penguins (Sidney Crosby, Jaromir Jagr) vs. 7) Philadelphia Flyers (Todd Bertuzzi, Steve Moore)
3) Boston Bruins (Zdeno Chara) vs. 6) Detroit Red Wings (Pavel Datsyuk, Nicklas Lidstrom, Henrik Zetterberg)
4) Tennessee Titans (Pekka Rinne) vs. 5) Buffalo Sabres (Thomas Vanek, Chris Drury, Jason Pominville, Daniel Briere)

Western Conference
1) Chicago Blackhawks (Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane) vs. 8) Minnesota North Stars (Mike Modano)
2) Mighty Ducks of San Diego (Teemu Selanne, Ryan Getzlaf, Corey Perry) vs. 7) Los Angeles Kings (Jonathan Quick, Drew Doughty, Anze Kopitar)
3) Vancouver Canucks (Roberto Luongo, Henrik Sedin, Daniel Sedin) vs. 6) San Jose Sharks (Patrick Marleau, Joe Thornton)
4) Colorado Rockies (Martin Brodeur) vs. 7) Seattle Thunderbirds (Jean-Sebastien Giguere, Evgeni Malkin)

Dear blanche
now that you are at nelvana what was your exact emotions from the time that peacock rejected the pogo reboot when you brought up the concept of Gus playing the possible title character?
yours sincerel,
Deakin

Does anybody like the idea of Disney crusieline creating a pacfic or indain ocean verison of castway cay. There is also the posibalut of priviate isalnd for disney cruise in the metraiadna or over the cosat of brazil or argentia

Dear blanche
now that you are at nelvana what was your exact emotions from the time that peacock rejected the pogo reboot when you brought up the concept of Gus playing the possible title character?
yours sincerel,
Deakin

Blanche:
"Looking back, I don't really feel bad about it. I mean, I really hoped I could get Gus on board. But the people at Peacock didn't want to pay him the money he wanted, so I told them to go fuck themselves."

Spring 2010 Movies Part 1
Spring 2010 Movies
Part 1

diary_of_a_wimpy_kid5.jpg

Diary of a Wimpy Kid
Released by Walt Disney Pictures

002533_1229426.jpg

Brooklyn's Finest
Released by Luxor Pictures

EB20100324REVIEWS100329993AR.jpg

Hot Tub Time Machine
Released by Paramount Pictures

MV5BMTU0NDkwMDEyNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDMwNDAzMw@@._V1_.jpg

How to Train Your Dragon
Released by DreamWorks SKG through Peacock Releasing

MV5BMjEyNjY2MTA0OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjQxNzYyMw@@._V1_.jpg

Clash of the Titans
A remake of the 1981 film

EB20100330REVIEWS100339997AR.jpg

The Last Song
Released by Touchstone Pictures​

Spring 2010 Movies
Part 1

diary_of_a_wimpy_kid5.jpg

Diary of a Wimpy Kid
Released by Walt Disney Pictures

002533_1229426.jpg

Brooklyn's Finest
Released by Luxor Pictures

EB20100324REVIEWS100329993AR.jpg

Hot Tub Time Machine

MV5BMTU0NDkwMDEyNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDMwNDAzMw@@._V1_.jpg

How to Train Your Dragon
Released by DreamWorks SKG through Peacock Releasing

MV5BMjEyNjY2MTA0OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjQxNzYyMw@@._V1_.jpg

Clash of the Titans
A remake of the 1981 film

EB20100330REVIEWS100339997AR.jpg

The Last Song
Released by Touchstone Pictures​
Did you put In the suggested change I made with Owen Wilson being the father with the first one

I wonder if xi jaipaing presiency of china should be buttefiled. I serriously doubt that any one who would turned china into a model liberal democry would come to power in china without a voilent revoutlion but maybe someoen slight more pro western to jaiaping could be elected by the communis party. Or maybe a fircaitonal guy who makes a bunch of dumb dieciosn that hurt china but not some much that it cause a trinkle down effect that harm the rest of world mre then china. Th A dumb desion that ficitonal leader of chian trys make is a include failed attmept to instal modern chiness sthyle comminst leaders i kazhastan tajaistan myamar and /or several post putain russian brakway states that end up backfiring in a way that rsuluts in pro anmerican regin being installed in thes cuntires.. He stoke the eithic tneisoni in china worse then xianpging, tax the chiness billonire so much they ilelgialy move to other coutnries and make a bunch of dipomitc snafus . .. Ths fircional guy only rules for a fews years before either being voted out by comminst party or overthrown in a coup.. He is succor or decides to back off from proejcting china power aboard and focuse more on fixing the promble in china. The tyrant succor is unbale to stop tibet ughrastan and few other province form secceding form china

What the publishing industyr like. I belive that the butterfly in the film would effect becasue some flim company owned pulbishing compny at one point. I atleast hope that the peguin random house merger dosn't happen. I like industy to more comptive then olgoplic

I Like the idea of 2011 smurfa e being a box office bomb to match it terrible reviews. Thus the Smurfs 2 to is never made made but the Smurfs Lost Village is still made in 2017 but it 2D not 3D CGI)

What the publishing industyr like. I belive that the butterfly in the film would effect becasue some flim company owned pulbishing compny at one point. I atleast hope that the peguin random house merger dosn't happen. I like industy to more comptive then olgoplic
I think it was Bertelsmann who owned Random House at one point IOTL.

Also, Audrey Geisel, the widow of Dr. Seuss, was the one who helped settle the Cat in the Hat multimedia dispute out of court with Peacock having custody in North America (US, Canada, Mexico) and TBS+Paramount having the rights everywhere else while also retaining the rights to the 1971 Chuck Jones/Friz Freleng version.

However, in August 2010, Audrey will be 89 and might not have the capability much longer to oversee Dr Seuss Enterprises. Right now, her attorneys are urging her to begin exploring a sale of Seuss IPs before she loses any cognitive function. Negotiations as of April 2010 are ongoing between Geisel and Peacock chairman David Geffen.

A quick side note, Hot Tub Time Machine will likely be one of the last MGM releases before Paramount’s retool of MGM as its anime division officially takes effect.

I think it was Bertelsmann who owned Random House at one point IOTL.

Also, Audrey Geisel, the widow of Dr. Seuss, was the one who helped settle the Cat in the Hat multimedia dispute out of court with Peacock having custody in North America (US, Canada, Mexico) and TBS+Paramount having the rights everywhere else while also retaining the rights to the 1971 Chuck Jones/Friz Freleng version.

However, in August 2010, Audrey will be 89 and might not have the capability much longer to oversee Dr Seuss Enterprises. Right now, her attorneys are urging her to begin exploring a sale of Seuss IPs before she loses any cognitive function. Negotiations as of April 2010 are ongoing between Geisel and Peacock chairman David Geffen.

Universal maca Owned putman brekcly publishing otl untill selling the penguin in 1996. Perhaps peakcok kept hold of puttman. That would explain why they are intersted in aquring the publishing rights to the works of dr sessues

I hope bersan sold random house to an american company. Perhaps berstlamane sold random house to saban as part of the metormeidadeal Do you alike the idea of random being sold by saban to the semiole tribe of florida in 2013 instead of bersalman merging with penguin

I read that that rupert murdoch bought out harper and row in 1986 and then bought collins and sons in 1989 and merger the two companies to form harper collins. Perjaps in this timeline collins and sons was bought out by some else like peacock Columbia bally, the Jim Henson company or Saban Metromedia

I hope that disney didn't sell hyperion publishing

I wonder if time wanrner sold there book publishing diviosn

Next time you do a media asset list you cover p

Last edited:
I say this in the most ironic sense, but that movie could potentially become an animated series with a premise like that.
Most likely for Adult Swim.

Universal maca Owned putman brekcly publishing otl untill selling the penguin in 1996. Perhaps peakcok kept hold of puttman. That would explain why they are intersted in aquring the publishing rights to the works of dr sessues

I hope bersan sold random house to an american company. Perhaps berstlamane sold random house to saban as part of the metormeidadeal Do you alike the idea of random being sold by saban to the semiole tribe of florida in 2013 instead of bersalman merging with penguin

I read that that rupert murdoch bought out harper and row in 1986 and then bought collins and sons in 1989 and merger the two companies to form harper collins. Perjaps in this timeline collins and sons was bought out by some else like peacock Columbia bally, the Jim Henson company or Saban Metromedia

I hope that disney didn't sell hyperion publishing

I wonder if time wanrner sold there book publishing diviosn

Next time you do a media asset list you cover p

Dr. Seuss technically owned the characters from the books he published through Random House.

ITTL, Disney still owns Hyperion Books. But in the past IOTL, Disney did license their IPs to Random House (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading) and Little Golden Books simultaneously.

Also, TBS+Paramount still has Simon & Schuster, which was acquired in the 70's by Gulf+Western IOTL.

Most likely for Adult Swim.

Dr. Seuss technically owned the characters from the books he published through Random House.

ITTL, Disney still owns Hyperion Books. But in the past IOTL, Disney did license their IPs to Random House (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading) and Little Golden Books simultaneously.
Also, TBS+Paramount still has Simon & Schuster, which was acquired in the 70's by Gulf+Western IOTL.
Did berslaman sell random to saban when they sold him metormedia

Did Universal say Puttman Berckly in 1996 to penguin and time warner sell it book diviosn time warner books in 2006 to Hachette Livre like it did otl or were they saless butterfiled

Did rupert murdoch aqurie collins and son in 1989 and mer it with harper row to form harper collins or did collins and sons get bought by some else

Is it possialbe for the smeiole tribe of folridia to aguire a publishig lable. Perahsp They buy harper colins form mitt rommeny and havery wineisitne

Oldnavy are planning a final fall from grace for havery wineisitne. IF so will is his assets including his film channels and movie studio be bought by some good who will rename evyerthing to erase havery imprint. If you go with that route perhase the smieole tribe of florida so be the people to out haver media legay and reamke it into some good

Dave Filoni on the official Amblin Entertainment MySpace page:
"I cant confirm anything concrete just yet, but right now, we are currently sitting down with 20th Century-Fox to discuss a possible New Republic trilogy with hopes of the first installment arriving in theatres worldwide in 2014 or '15."

"In the meantime, we are very excited about the potential for Galaxy Hearts, which we are co-producing with Disney, Legendary and Square Enix. The first episode should arrive in September of this year."

"The existing Star Wars films will be reissued in their original theatrical versions by Limited Run as part of Fox's Diamond Celebration all year long. One catch is that the newer prints will now be triple-branded (Disney, Fox and Lucasfilm/Amblin)."