Platforms: GCN
Release Date: April 15, 2003

Reviews
Metacritic: 81/100 - User Score 9.0
IGN: 9/10
GameSpot: 7/10
1Up.com: B+
Nintendo Power: 9.5​

While Sega had second thoughts on releasing Sakura Wars outside of Japan, Satoru Iwata encouraged Sega to release the game at least in the US, but what surprised both Sega and Iwata was how much Peter Moore pushed for the games success. Peter Moore gave Sakura Wars a noticeably large advertising budget and made it’s localization a high priority for Nintendo Treehouse.

This was the first major localization effort for the newly enlarged Nintendo Treehouse which now had many members from former Sega of America’s localization team. While Wind Waker was very text heavy its western medieval fantasy theme and lack of major voice acting was small potatoes to the very Japanese centric and voice heavy Sakura Wars. The localization stays very close to the original Japanese text and with almost no censorship. The latter was a direct order by Peter Moore who thought censoring parts of the game would hurt sales. There was one exception however as one character sported a manji symbol on his forehead, in order to avoid anyone confusing it with a Nazi swastika the scenes, textures, and sprites we’re edited to remove the manji symbol from the character.

View attachment 609076
Side by side comparison. Original on the Left, North America on the Right

The game itself is the same as OTL, but one unique change from is a reference to Nintendo’s Pre-Videogame History. The Hanafuda Cards used in the Koi-Koi minigame are replicas of actual Hanafuda made by Nintendo around the same time period as Sakura Wars. This is indicated by one of the cards featuring Nintendo’s original Kanji logo 堂天任. When read right to left reads Nin Ten Do.

Overall, the game’s advertising campaign paid off as the game was a success selling over 1.2 Million copies in its lifespan.

Main Characters
Ichiro Ogami (Cam Clarke)
Sakura Shinguji (Wendee Lee)
Sumire Kanzaki (Michelle Ruff)
Maria Tachibana (Lani Minella)
Iris Châteaubriand (Sherry Lynn)
Kohran Li (Dorothy Fahn)
Kanna Kirishima (Mary Elizabeth McGlynn)
Commander Ikki Yoneda (Charles Martinet)
Ayame Fujieda (Lani Minella)
Tsubaki Takamura (Jen Taylor)
Yuri Sakakibara (Dolores Rogers)
Kasumi Fuji (Karen Strassman)

Villains
Tenkai (Marc Biagi)
Aoi Satan (David Humphrey)
Crimson Miroku (Michelle Ruff)
Jade Setsuna (Lani Minella)
Silver Rasetsu (Cam Clarke)
Inoshishi (Charles Martinet)
Shika (Jen Taylor)
Cho (Wendee Lee)

Sakura Wars provides examples of:

All There in the Manual: While not as extreme as some examples the game’s manual provides descriptions of the Japanese pronouns used by the characters that are likely lost on most English players.

Base Breaking Character: Iris. While not actually hated by any fans some are squicked at the pedophilic implications of Ogami (Age 19) dating the nine-year-old girl Iris. The fact that she calls the player Mon Frère (Brother in French) doesn’t help. Though some fans have confessed to having been around Iris’ age when they first played the game. Besides that, pretty much everyone likes her for her sweet personality, backstory, and usefulness in combat as The Medic.

Broken Base: There’s a reason the series is often jokingly called “Waifu Wars” as debates about who is “Best Girl” tend to get very heated.

Fandom Rivalry: If there is one thing Shining Force fans and Fire Emblem fans agree on, it’s that they think of Sakura Wars as little more than a high budget visual novel with little to no gameplay. Sakura Wars fans will often cite quality over quantity in terms of its characters and claim that Fire Emblem’s and Shining Force’s characters are just “good looking chess pieces” with the main protagonist(s) being the only one(s) who get any kind of real character development.

No Export for You: The Game didn’t receive a European localization anywhere. After the good sales numbers in North America the game did get released in Britain using the North American localization.

Sidetracked by The Golden Saucer: The Koi-Koi minigame was so popular that Sega made an entire game dedicated to it (and other card games) for the DS.

Woolseyism: Rather than use onii-chan, Iris will refer to Ogami as Mon Frère, the French word for brother.
Cool, would the Sakura Wars anime air here in America as well?

Cartoon Network City Era
Cartoon Network City Era
Cartoon Network U.S.A.-min.png

Cartoon Network, USA
The Most Animated Place on Earth
"This is Cartoon Network" - Slogan

Launched: June 14, 2004
Ended: May 31, 2008
Announcer: Nicole Vicius
Preceded by: Powerhouse Era
Succeeded by: Noods Era

Thought to be one of the best eras in all of Cartoon Network’s history, the City Era was when Cartoon Network had some of it’s best and most iconic shows running.
This Era was defined by many of Cartoon Networks new original shows. As the older Hanna Barbera catalog was moved to Boomering.​

Complete List of City Era Shows

Cartoon Network Original Shows

The Powerpuff Girls - 6 Seasons
Ed Edd n Eddy - 6 Seasons*
Codename: Kids Next Door - 6 Seasons
The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy - 6 Seasons
Megas XLR - 3 Seasons
Teen Titans - 5 Seasons
My Life as a Teenage Robot - 6 Seasons
Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends - 6 Seasons
Johnny Bravo - 4 Seasons
Evil Con Carne - 4 Seasons
Samurai Jack - 4 Seasons
Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi - 3 Seasons
Camp Lazlo - 5 Seasons
Ben 10 - 4 Seasons
My Gym Partner’s a Monkey - 4 Seasons
Robot Boy - 2 Seasons

*Ed, Edd, N Eddy Season 6 received a full 12 Episode season instead of the 2 Episodes of OTL. Ed Edd, N Eddy's Pig Picture show would air in 2010

Note: The Life and Times of Juniper Lee and Squirrel Boy were not picked up ITTL. The former due to not wanting too many shows starring a girl protagonist and the latter due to budget. Both of these reasons stem from MLAATR airing on Cartoon Network with the network choosing to order more seasons of MLAATR.

Major Syndicated Shows
Sonic X
F-Zero GP Legend
Totally Spies
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)
Mucha Lucha
Code Lyoko
Pokemon
Star Wars: Clone Wars

Adult Swim
Cartoon Networks late night showcase. Running from 10:00 PM to 5:00 AM every weekday and sunday. Infamous for it's crude, absurd, and shock comedy.

Adult Swim Original Shows
Robot Chicken
Sealab 2021
Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
The Venture Bros.
Stroker & Hoop
Tom Goes to the Mayor
Minoriteam
12 oz. Mouse
Lucy, the Daughter of the Devil
Moral Orel
The Boondocks
Squidbillies
Metalocalypse
Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!

Note: Frisky Dingo and Saul of the Mole Men were not picked up ITTL due to budgeting issues from picking up Futurama.

Adult Swim Syndicated Shows
Futurama**
Family Guy
Cowboy Bebop*
Inuyasha*
Baby Blues
Mission Hill
The Oblongs
Trigun*
Lupin the 3rd Part II*
Case Closed*
Wolf's Rain*
The Super Milk-Chan Show*
Shin-chan*
Bleach*

* Shared Programming with Toonami
** Seasons 1-4 Originally Aired on Fox, Seasons 5-8 Aired on Adult Swim

Note: The Adult Swim Syndicated Show list doesn’t include shows that only aired once as a prank or an April Fools gag. Such as Saved by the Bell, PeeWee’s Playhouse, Mr. T, and The Gary Coleman Show.

Toonami
Toonami was the channels premiere anime block. Airing on Saturday night from 7:00 PM to 2:30 AM. It was hosted by TOM (Toonami Operations Module) alongside an A.I. named SARA and took place on the GPS Absolution. The shows themselves would start off with more kid-friendly fare in the early evening and slowly get more risque until by midnight shows like Neon Genesis Evangelion and Blood+ would be airing. TOM would also do game reviews in-between shows.

List of Shows Aired on Toonami
Astro Boy (2003)
The Batman
Blue Dragon
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo
D.I.C.E.
Dragon Ball
Dragon Ball Z
Dragon Ball GT
Gundam SEED
Jackie Chan Adventures
Justice League Unlimited
Megas XLR
Naruto
One Piece
Pokemon: Battle Frontier
Pokemon: Chronicles
The Prince of Tennis
Rave Master
Rurouni Kenshin
Teen Titans
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX
Yu Yu Hakusho
Zatch Bell!
Sakura Wars
Cowboy Bebop
Inuyasha
Trigun
Lupin the 3rd Part II
The Big O
FLCL
Witch Hunter Robin
Case Closed
Wolf's Rain
s-CRY-ed
Paranoia Agent
Gigantor
Samurai Champloo
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG*
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Trinity Blood
Voltron
The Super Milk-Chan Show
Shin-chan
Eureka Seven
Bleach
Blood+
Death Note
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

City Era Bumpers Featuring the My Life as a Teenage Robot Cast
Bumper 1

Dexter, Numbuh 2, and Double D come out of an electronics store. They all snicker to each other as Double D takes out a magazine. The cover reads “Circuitry Exposed!”. Double D hold the magazine out to its side and an extra-long page drops down. All three group together to take a look at the page.

It cuts to a closeup shot of all three eyeing the magazine. “Woah! Get a look at those big capacitors!” Dexter eagerly says. “And check out that massive memory bank!” Numbuh 2 arousingly states. “Oooh yeah!” Double D arousingly shouts. They gander at the page when suddenly.

“GROSS!” The camera zooms out to show Jenny shouting at them. Dexter, Numbuh 2, and Double D all fall over in surprise, the magazine goes flying out of Double D’s hand. “Where is your decency!? Have you no shame!”

It cut’s to a shot of the other side of the road, Jenny scolding the 3 in the background as the magazine flies into the side of a garbage can, revealing the Cartoon Network logo on the long page.

Bumper 2
Inside the Powerpuff Girl home, the Professor is rushing around and getting ready for something. His usual lab coat and tie is replaced with a suit and bowtie from the episode “Keen on Keane”.

The Powerpuff Girls snicker at his clumsiness. “My blind date will be here any minute now!” The Professor panics.
DING-DONG!, the doorbell rings. “Alright how do I look?” The Professor asks the girls. “Great! Handsome! Awesome!” Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup all shout at once. “Ok.” The Professor sighs as he opens the door.

It’s Nora Wakeman. “Hello handsome! What’s your favorite chemical? Mine’s Uranium!” Nora greets the Professor. “Oh well, not to toot my own horn but I’ve made my own special chemical.” The Professor replies.

It cuts to a zoom in on the open door. “Oh really! You just have to tell me all about it!” Nora says. “Not so fast now, it’s a family secret that I…” The professor talks as he and Nora walk down the cemented path to the side walk. The door closes revealing the Cartoon Network logo.

Bumper 3
Jenny is walking on the street, her head hung low. Looks holds up a paper to her face. “Robot Dance Tomorrow!” The paper reads. “Sigh, I’ll never find a date for the in time.” Jenny the bumps into someone letting go of the flyer and falling down. “Hey “Oh I’m sorry! I wasn’t paying attention where I was going!” Jenny apologizes rubbing her head. “It’s alright! Let me help you up.” The arm that comes on screen is a big robotic hand. Jenny grabs it and gets up, the camera follows revealing Cyborg of the Teen Titans. “Thanks I...” Jenny goes dead silent. “He he...” Jenny awkwardly chuckles. “So, you’re a robot too.” Jenny asks “Kind of, it a long story.” Cyborg replies. “Hey you doing anything tomorrow?” Jenny asks “No.. do you maybe wanna grab some pizza?” Cyborg asks. “Oh sure!” Jenny excitingly replies. The two walk off as the Cartoon Network logo appears in the bottom right.

BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL!
THIS TIMELINE SHALL LIVE!

Upcoming Omake: l33t HaX0rs / GameCube Homebrew
Upcoming Chapter: Game Boy Advance Retrospect
Upcoming Chapter: Gaming News Summer 2005
Upcoming Chapter: Pokemon Advanced Battle
Upcoming Chapter: Return of the Shining Force / Shining Force DS
Upcoming Chapter: Banjo Cubed / Banjo – Cubie
Upcoming Chapter: Half-Genie Half-Pirate / Shantae & the Pirate’s Curse
Upcoming Chapter: Crashing into Stores / X-Box 360 Launch
Upcoming Chapter: Crash / Crash Tag Team
Upcoming Chapter: Reviving the Ghost / Starcraft: Ghosts
Upcoming Chapter: Ow the Edge / Shadow the Hedgehog
Upcoming Chapter: The Legend of Zelda: Winds of Exploration
Upcoming Chapter: Gaming News Fall 2005
Upcoming Chapter: Good News Everyone! / Futurama Season 5

Cool!!!!?

I can't wait.

I also have a idea for this TL.

Can I pitch it?
Cartoon Network City Era
View attachment 763040
Cartoon Network, USA
The Most Animated Place on Earth
"This is Cartoon Network" - Slogan

Launched: June 14, 2004
Ended: May 31, 2008
Announcer: Nicole Vicius
Preceded by: Powerhouse Era
Succeeded by: Noods Era

Thought to be one of the best eras in all of Cartoon Network’s history, the City Era was when Cartoon Network had some of it’s best and most iconic shows running.
This Era was defined by many of Cartoon Networks new original shows. As the older Hanna Barbera catalog was moved to Boomering.​

Complete List of City Era Shows

Cartoon Network Original Shows

The Powerpuff Girls - 6 Seasons
Ed Edd n Eddy - 6 Seasons*
Codename: Kids Next Door - 6 Seasons
The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy - 6 Seasons
Megas XLR - 3 Seasons
Teen Titans - 5 Seasons
My Life as a Teenage Robot - 6 Seasons
Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends - 6 Seasons
Johnny Bravo - 4 Seasons
Evil Con Carne - 4 Seasons
Samurai Jack - 4 Seasons
Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi - 3 Seasons
Camp Lazlo - 5 Seasons
Ben 10 - 4 Seasons
My Gym Partner’s a Monkey - 4 Seasons
Robot Boy - 2 Seasons
Nice.
*Ed, Edd, N Eddy Season 6 received a full 12 Episode season instead of the 2 Episodes of OTL. Ed Edd, N Eddy's Pig Picture show would air in 2010

Note: The Life and Times of Juniper Lee and Squirrel Boy were not picked up ITTL. The former due to not wanting too many shows starring a girl protagonist and the latter due to budget. Both of these reasons stem from MLAATR airing on Cartoon Network with the network choosing to order more seasons of MLAATR.
So, MLAATR is more popular and lasts longer? Great. It'd be a sure hit for Miguzi that way.

And Season 6 of Ed, Edd, N' Eddy is proper.

Good.

I'm willing to help out whenever you get to the Noods era.
Major Syndicated Shows
Sonic X
F-Zero GP Legend
Totally Spies
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)
Mucha Lucha
Code Lyoko
Pokemon
Ok. Can Mew Mew Power air here instead of 4KidsTV?

I have more ideas for Miguzi.
Adult Swim
Cartoon Networks late night showcase. Running from 10:00 PM to 5:00 AM every weekday and sunday. Infamous for it's crude, absurd, and shock comedy.

Adult Swim Original Shows
Robot Chicken
Sealab 2021
Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
The Venture Bros.
Stroker & Hoop
Tom Goes to the Mayor
Minoriteam
12 oz. Mouse
Lucy, the Daughter of the Devil
Moral Orel
The Boondocks
Squidbillies
Metalocalypse
Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!

Note: Frisky Dingo and Saul of the Mole Men were not picked up ITTL due to budgeting issues from picking up Futurama.

Adult Swim Syndicated Shows
Futurama**
Family Guy
Cowboy Bebop*
Inuyasha*
Baby Blues
Mission Hill
The Oblongs
Trigun*
Lupin the 3rd Part II*
Case Closed*
Wolf's Rain*
The Super Milk-Chan Show*
Shin-chan*
Bleach*

* Shared Programming with Toonami
** Seasons 1-4 Originally Aired on Fox, Seasons 5-8 Aired on Adult Swim

Note: The Adult Swim Syndicated Show list doesn’t include shows that only aired once as a prank or an April Fools gag. Such as Saved by the Bell, PeeWee’s Playhouse, Mr. T, and The Gary Coleman Show.
Cool.
Toonami
Toonami was the channels premiere anime block. Airing on Saturday night from 7:00 PM to 2:30 AM. It was hosted by TOM (Toonami Operations Module) alongside an A.I. named SARA and took place on the GPS Absolution. The shows themselves would start off with more kid-friendly fare in the early evening and slowly get more risque until by midnight shows like Neon Genesis Evangelion and Blood+ would be airing. TOM would also do game reviews in-between shows.
You mean action block?

The stimga of Toonami being considered by too many as a "anime block" is another reason why to block got canned in the first place.
List of Shows Aired on Toonami
Astro Boy (2003)
The Batman
Blue Dragon
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo
D.I.C.E.
Dragon Ball
Dragon Ball Z
Dragon Ball GT
Gundam SEED
Jackie Chan Adventures
Justice League Unlimited
Megas XLR
Naruto
One Piece
Pokemon: Battle Frontier
Pokemon: Chronicles
The Prince of Tennis
Rave Master
Rurouni Kenshin
Teen Titans
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX
Yu Yu Hakusho
Zatch Bell!
Sakura Wars
Cowboy Bebop
Inuyasha
Trigun
Lupin the 3rd Part II
The Big O
FLCL
Witch Hunter Robin
Case Closed
Wolf's Rain
s-CRY-ed
Paranoia Agent
Gigantor
Samurai Champloo
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG*
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Trinity Blood
Voltron
The Super Milk-Chan Show
Shin-chan
Eureka Seven
Bleach
Blood+
Death Note
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
Ummm........

You know kids networks can't air TV-MA right??

And I'd give Toonami the 9-11PM Monday thru Thursday and Friday 11PM-4AM slots as The Weeknight Run and The Midnight Run respectively.

Why is Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh and all this other kiddie stuff here? That's why Miguzi was created.

I'd turn Toonami into a more teen-targeted block.

I got ideas. If you need help?, come get me @Otakuninja2006.

But I do dig the Sakura Wars airing though, maybe we could add some other cooler shows as well.
City Era Bumpers Featuring the My Life as a Teenage Robot Cast
Bumper 1

Dexter, Numbuh 2, and Double D come out of an electronics store. They all snicker to each other as Double D takes out a magazine. The cover reads “Circuitry Exposed!”. Double D hold the magazine out to its side and an extra-long page drops down. All three group together to take a look at the page.

It cuts to a closeup shot of all three eyeing the magazine. “Woah! Get a look at those big capacitors!” Dexter eagerly says. “And check out that massive memory bank!” Numbuh 2 arousingly states. “Oooh yeah!” Double D arousingly shouts. They gander at the page when suddenly.

“GROSS!” The camera zooms out to show Jenny shouting at them. Dexter, Numbuh 2, and Double D all fall over in surprise, the magazine goes flying out of Double D’s hand. “Where is your decency!? Have you no shame!”

It cut’s to a shot of the other side of the road, Jenny scolding the 3 in the background as the magazine flies into the side of a garbage can, revealing the Cartoon Network logo on the long page.

Bumper 2
Inside the Powerpuff Girl home, the Professor is rushing around and getting ready for something. His usual lab coat and tie is replaced with a suit and bowtie from the episode “Keen on Keane”.

The Powerpuff Girls snicker at his clumsiness. “My blind date will be here any minute now!” The Professor panics.
DING-DONG!, the doorbell rings. “Alright how do I look?” The Professor asks the girls. “Great! Handsome! Awesome!” Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup all shout at once. “Ok.” The Professor sighs as he opens the door.

It’s Nora Wakeman. “Hello handsome! What’s your favorite chemical? Mine’s Uranium!” Nora greets the Professor. “Oh well, not to toot my own horn but I’ve made my own special chemical.” The Professor replies.

It cuts to a zoom in on the open door. “Oh really! You just have to tell me all about it!” Nora says. “Not so fast now, it’s a family secret that I…” The professor talks as he and Nora walk down the cemented path to the side walk. The door closes revealing the Cartoon Network logo.

Bumper 3
Jenny is walking on the street, her head hung low. Looks holds up a paper to her face. “Robot Dance Tomorrow!” The paper reads. “Sigh, I’ll never find a date for the in time.” Jenny the bumps into someone letting go of the flyer and falling down. “Hey “Oh I’m sorry! I wasn’t paying attention where I was going!” Jenny apologizes rubbing her head. “It’s alright! Let me help you up.” The arm that comes on screen is a big robotic hand. Jenny grabs it and gets up, the camera follows revealing Cyborg of the Teen Titans. “Thanks I...” Jenny goes dead silent. “He he...” Jenny awkwardly chuckles. “So, you’re a robot too.” Jenny asks “Kind of, it a long story.” Cyborg replies. “Hey you doing anything tomorrow?” Jenny asks “No.. do you maybe wanna grab some pizza?” Cyborg asks. “Oh sure!” Jenny excitingly replies. The two walk off as the Cartoon Network logo appears in the bottom right.
These are some cool bumpers.

There's one thing that(given that Nintendo will be purchasing Bandai, and as such toy rights for Sentai, Kamen Rider, PreCure[also I hope that it comes out internationally and onto the big stage, I get we are a bit behind, being on Splash Star when it happens, but we could always have it be the dubs play catch-up], straight up properties like Gundam, and if I am not mistaken[I know Bandai Namco have it, I'm not sure if Bandai had it prior to merging with Namco], a share in Toei will fall to Nintendo) would be interesting to see some of the properties that Nintendo will now have show up in a eventual Smash Bros, if I were to guess, it'd either be a Gundam or Agumon that shows up, although if it were to be "Emissary of Light, Cure Black!"(or some other character, in fact that would be an interesting April Fools post) that will be one massive 'WHO!?' moment(more so than Sakura, Marth or Roy)

Also the idea that Nintendo(who once made the playing cards Joker uses in J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai) would now have an even BIGGER presence in not just the toy industry than they used to in the 60s/70s(WHEN they were a toy company), but Super Sentai in General

And now that I think about it, Nintendo wouldn't need to source rights for toys to other companies ITTL, they just use Bandai to make them(leading to things like a Pokemon Tamagotchi coming about), maybe even try and bring some of Nintendo's older toys back into a modern audience(such as N&B, the old Duck Hunt toy,etc.) if anything I can't wait for the merger due to the possibilities it gives going forward

FANTASTIC NEWS!
There's one thing that(given that Nintendo will be purchasing Bandai, and as such toy rights for Sentai, Kamen Rider, PreCure[also I hope that it comes out internationally and onto the big stage, I get we are a bit behind, being on Splash Star when it happens, but we could always have it be the dubs play catch-up], straight up properties like Gundam, and if I am not mistaken[I know Bandai Namco have it, I'm not sure if Bandai had it prior to merging with Namco], a share in Toei will fall to Nintendo) would be interesting to see some of the properties that Nintendo will now have show up in a eventual Smash Bros, if I were to guess, it'd either be a Gundam or Agumon that shows up, although if it were to be "Emissary of Light, Cure Black!"(or some other character, in fact that would be an interesting April Fools post) that will be one massive 'WHO!?' moment(more so than Sakura, Marth or Roy)

Also the idea that Nintendo(who once made the playing cards Joker uses in J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai) would now have an even BIGGER presence in not just the toy industry than they used to in the 60s/70s(WHEN they were a toy company), but Super Sentai in General

And now that I think about it, Nintendo wouldn't need to source rights for toys to other companies ITTL, they just use Bandai to make them(leading to things like a Pokemon Tamagotchi coming about), maybe even try and bring some of Nintendo's older toys back into a modern audience(such as N&B, the old Duck Hunt toy,etc.) if anything I can't wait for the merger due to the possibilities it gives going forward
Well, I also made note of the potential a while back...
Nintendo and/or Sega making games and toys based on Cowboy Bebop, Gundam, and Code Geass? Count me in!

But wait! Why stop there? According to this list:
It's possible that Nintendo would also get the game rights to Sailor Moon, One Piece, Naruto, and DRAGON BALL!!!

Yes, you heard me right. Dragon Ball would be an honorary Nintendo property as far as merchandising goes. Sleep well, folks!
Of course, that was just one of many benefits of Nintendo buying Bandai in Namco's absence.

To be honest, there is a lot of things that TTL has that I like the idea of Nintendo having toy rights to this(and all seasons going forward, and any updates on the older toys that were around at the time)
(note: image is the one that was airing at the time all of this would've gone down)
9d582e0b32b13ab1ba474bad64d66161.jpg

It feels insane(I also wonder if this might end up on Toonami or Miguzi if that happens, I imagine that before Saki/Mai{Futari Wa Pretty Cure Splash Star} get dubbed the Nagisa/Honoka{Futari Wa Pretty Cure} and the Nagisa/Honoka/Hikari{Futari Wa Pretty Cure MAX HEART} seasons would have to air, although given how similar Splash Star was to FwPC and FwPCMH, one could EASILY just start with Splash Star with a dub, and due to each season having their own continuity[sort-of] with only 2 exceptions to the rule, being the afforementioned Futari wa MAX HEART and the 2008 season: Yes PreCure 5 GO GO, which were both sequels to the season before them, the afforementioned Futari wa for MAX HEART, and Yes PreCure 5[which would also be the first season with toys completely under Nintendo's watch] for Yes PreCure 5 GO GO). All of this to the point where Sally and Michelle(yes I provided Americanized names for Cure Bloom/Bright{Saki Hyuuga} and Cure Egret/Windy{Mai Mishou}, although one could always have them remain Saki Hyuuga and Mai Mishou, all depends on what the people in charge decide) were some of our generations biggest tv heroes(and I see them playing off the Sentai elements in a dub by making indirect comparisons to Sailor Moon and the Power Rangers, who were also both Toei shows, or adapted from one in PR's case)

Last edited:

I google JAKQ and yeah those were Nintendo Poker Cards, they even reused them for Kamen Rider too.
To be honest, there is a lot of things that TTL has that I like the idea of Nintendo having toy rights to this(and all seasons going forward, and any updates on the older toys that were around at the time)
(note: image is the one that was airing at the time all of this would've gone down)View attachment 763191
It feels insane(I also wonder if this might end up on Toonami or Miguzi if that happens, I imagine that before Saki/Mai{Futari Wa Pretty Cure Splash Star} get dubbed the Nagisa/Honoka{Futari Wa Pretty Cure} and the Nagisa/Honoka/Hikari{Futari Wa Pretty Cure MAX HEART} seasons would have to air, although given how similar Splash Star was to FwPC and FwPCMH, one could EASILY just start with Splash Star with a dub, and due to each season having their own continuity[sort-of] with only 2 exceptions to the rule, being the afforementioned Futari wa MAX HEART and the 2008 season: Yes PreCure 5 GO GO, which were both sequels to the season before them, the afforementioned Futari wa for MAX HEART, and Yes PreCure 5[which would also be the first season with toys completely under Nintendo's watch] for Yes PreCure 5 GO GO). All of this to the point where Sally and Michelle(yes I provided Americanized names for Cure Bloom/Bright{Saki Hyuuga} and Cure Egret/Windy{Mai Mishou}, although one could always have them remain Saki Hyuuga and Mai Mishou, all depends on what the people in charge decide) were some of our generations biggest tv heroes(and I see them playing off the Sentai elements in a dub by making indirect comparisons to Sailor Moon and the Power Rangers, who were also both Toei shows, or adapted from one in PR's case)
The Main Problem Pretty Cure got in the west was Toei and Saban's Indifference, First Toei doesn't Localize themselves and later on pressure Saban to be forced to take it alongside Power Rangers or he wouldn't get Power Rangers back at all. Saban only cared about Samurai at the time, do a quick localization and undersold pretty cure, a movement might have never recovered in the West(EVEN WORSE, Mexicans were Localizing Pretty Cure straight from japan themselves to be shown on Televisa FTA/CABLE channels but toei giving the rights, Saban c&d THEM, we lose pretty cure in LatAm because that too). So if we avoid Saban, the pretty cure could be far better OTL. At the time Disney still have the PR rights, maybe Toie Decides to talk With Nintendo about it? Nintendo already has a distribution network, too late for the GBA Video Player...but DS could have one too

Wait.....

Nintendo and Bandai together?

That means that Nintendo has a anime studio with Sunrise.

Why do I see some Nintendo anime coming thru?

I mean, that'd be cool as heck!!

bring some of Nintendo's older toys back into a modern audience
Hoo Boy here we go.

At the time Disney still have the PR rights, maybe Toie Decides to talk With Nintendo about it?
What if I told you that in late 2003. Two certain people might have bumped into eachother while on business at the Jim Henson Company?

Why do I see some Nintendo anime coming thru?

I mean, that'd be cool as heck!!
You talk like I'm not already planning this.