Charles A. Dewey's presidency

In 1948, the Presidential election was a close one, between Republican Nominee Charles Dewey and Democratic President Truman who was seeking reelection. many people believe Dewey Would win over Truman and he did...
This is story of the Dewey White House, a administration that faced Communism, critics, and controversial decisions.
dewey%20truman-thumb-580xauto-21204.jpg
read on...

:D

Nice!

Charles Almon Dewey was a Iowan Federal Judge between 1929 and 1958... he really existed, and is thus a plausible candidate...

I had to look him up myself, so I'm assuming the OP has a better feel for who he was in OTL, his views on the issues, etc. He would also have been elected at 74 years of age, so .... old cut it?

I can only assume that, as a Hooverian judge of advanced years, he would have been more isolationist than his Democratic predecessors and sought to reverse what aspects of the New and Square Deals he could. Stronger right-to-work action, tax cuts on incomes over $100000 from 90% to 50%, hostile rhetoric against Soviets but no real action, interventions in Central and South America maybe, as a way of underscoring a regions of influence policy. No Korean action, as Korea was not part of the US defense perimeter and the war would have been over too quick for any action not decided immediately.

It will be interesting to see who this Dewey was, through the mind of the timeline-writer...