Clavis Angliae

Couldn't you work on both of them and simply update at a slower pace?

Also, if you absolutely don't have time to do both, could you at least dump all of what you had planned for the future in bullet-points or something and perhaps someone else can take over this TL?

I'm pretty sure you at least had "the events of 1229" planned, based on how you were foreshadowing them.

It's a pity you ended Clavis Angliae:(, but I will follow 'This land, boys, we live in' with interest.:)

Thanks.

Couldn't you work on both of them and simply update at a slower pace?

Also, if you absolutely don't have time to do both, could you at least dump all of what you had planned for the future in bullet-points or something and perhaps someone else can take over this TL?

I'm pretty sure you at least had "the events of 1229" planned, based on how you were foreshadowing them.

Its not only that I don't have time for both, I don't have a desire to do Clavis Angliae any more. Its hard to explain, the problem was one of poor organisation and a crappy way of writing and planning, and I had lost interest in the time period.

As for 'the events of 1229' it was some kind of revolt by Anglo-Normans in Ireland and a personal vendetta between the Earl of Pembroke and Hubert de Burgh, I think.

:(

Another good medieval TL bites the dust. Not that I can complain all that much without being hypocritical. ;)

Thanks.

This is really terrible news, Scarecrow. You were the best medieval TL writer we had, but you've jumped on the Early Modern bandwagon. :(

Shame to see it go, though I am sure it was for the right reasons. I know this has been asked already, but is there any chance you could briefly summarise your plans for TL events which were yet to occur?

I think I shall continue this timeline. Its been a while, but I think I can get back into it.
Okay, first thoughts as I read.

1) Wow. I really like the PoD, which is certainly more innovative than I would've done.
Thanks.
3) Do you know why the King of Scotland paid homage to the Prince when he recognized him as King of England? I ask because this implies that Edward I's invasion of Scotland had more legitimacy than I'd thought.
I can't remember at the moment, but its in my notes.
4) Montfort is awesome, as always.
A bit larger then life.
5) I have to admit, I was surprised that Egypt did not fall. Not that that's a bad thing, mind.
I find that crusader Egypt is a bit of a cliche, and this situation presents a far more interesting story.
6) I'm a bit unclear on Barcelona; is it still a fief of France?
Yes, as part of the Montfort lands.
7) Pff. Just because a man has a harem doesn't mean he is not a loyal servant of God. Solomon had hundreds of wives, after all.

Anyway, you have to keep in mind that much of the badmouthing, "he was an awful atheist" information we have on Frederick comes from Church sources, who would hardly be neutral in regards to a man who just wanted to reassert the rights of the Caesars over an unwieldy and hubristic Church.

I'm not sure Henry would be so ambivalent about the Hohenstaufen territories in Italy; they were fantastically rich, after all. Indeed, the Hohensatufen idea, of carving out a base of support along the Alps to dominate both territories, hinged upon subduing the Lombard League.

I agree, the Germany section needs to be reviewed and rewritten before I go any further, as I underestimated the importance of Italy. Anyone have any suggestions?

I think I shall continue this timeline. Its been a while, but I think I can get back into it.

Thanks.

I can't remember at the moment, but its in my notes.

A bit larger then life.

I find that crusader Egypt is a bit of a cliche, and this situation presents a far more interesting story.

Yes, as part of the Montfort lands.

I agree, the Germany section needs to be reviewed and rewritten before I go any further, as I underestimated the importance of Italy. Anyone have any suggestions?
That's excellent news.:)