Day After Tomorrow in your Region

Deleted member 2186

Live in the Netherlands any probably can now have famous Eleven-cities Tour on the ice but oly problem if any people are alive to watch.

Corpus Christi, Texas is where I live, so we should be fine (except for all the refugees). Only relatives I'm worried about are my two uncles and my grandmother, who live in Ohio (mom also lives in Corpus). One of my uncles (Chris, also my mom's name, incidentially) goes down to Florida yearly to visit his daughter and grandson, so if it occurs when he is in Florida, he is ok (unless the surge hits Sarasota).

London..

On the assumption that I avoid death by a frozen tornado, I think it would be very unpleasant for London and its people.

Even a couple of inches of snow leaves us helpless so a prolonged severe storm would lead to the near collapse of order. I suspect that most people don't hold much in ther way of food supplies so once distribution to local shops and supermarkets fails, there will be large-scale panic as hunger sets in.

it may be possible for people to make for the Thames Estuary at Tilbury or cross the Dartford Bridge and Tunnel to head south into Kent. From Tilbury, until the Thames freezes over, it might be possible to get a boat for France.

I would like to think I would be wise enough to read the charts, spot the danger and try and make for Cornwall and get there before the Cornish seal the Tamar crossings. Longer term I don't know - the Scillies might be habitable, otherwise it's a boat or ferry to France and then as far south as I can get.

VT45

Banned
Massachusetts

Well, the storm would be a double-edged sword for us. On the one hand, we're used to a lot of snow, like upwards of 5 feet in a single storm once. Seeing as I'm further inland, I think i'd be fine, and thankfully the eye goes to the west of us. However, We'd probably be inundated with Canadians and possibly the Atlantic Ocean depending on how far it rises. Overall, though, I think if people were smart enough, we could tough it out.

I've got a feeling I'm going to be awakened in the far future, and dropped into a Ramship to drop some terraforming packages. Instead, I'm heading for the center of the galaxy.

I'm dead. If I don't get flooded - live within a few miles from the Firth of Forth in Scotland, I'll freeze or starve to death in short order... Suck's to live in Scotland in that scenario!

Here in New Orleans, I would be screwed, blewed, and tatooed, in other words nuclear toast, because of all the petrochemical facilities scattered from here all the way to Baton Rouge, plenty of bulls-eyes here in SE Louisiana.

Yep, completely frozen. Washington state sometimes has milder weather than the east coast, but still. I'd be pretty screwed.

AAARRGGGHH, here I am confusing Day after Tomorrow, w/ the Day After, da nuke war movie. (Have foot in mouth and gagging).:eek: Anyways, Here in New Orleans we will probably be swamped w/ refugees coming from da north to escape da cold, if we don't wind up frozen or scoured in the Gulf of Mexico from the mega storms first. I have seen that movie, and it was a bit over da top, although it was a good climatic disaster flick.

Hmm. I live in the Upper Midwest, so I'm fairly certain I'd be screwed unless I packed my bags real fast and traveled in a southerly/southwesterly direction.

Then, of course, as luck would have it, the Yellowstone Caldera would explode in a supervolcanic eruption just as I'm driving near the damn thing ...

RealityBYTES :D