DBWI : Mexico never joins the Axis

After the defeat of Mexico by the United States in World War 1, Mexico was left into a nation of chaos. Already in chaos even before the war, the defeat of Mexico by the USA in World War 1 caused the rise of extremist politics. In the 20s and 30s, Mexico became an extremely violent nation with bandits and political assassinations everywhere, just like the Wild West. During this time, Mexico became a battleground between communists, anarchists, fascists, royalists, and Spanish nationalists. In the 30s, with a movement inspired by the Nazis and Italians, Mexico became fascists. Their goals were to “uphold” the values of Father Hidalgo and restore Simón Bolívar’s dream with dreams to make a united Latin America. Ultimately, World War 2 devastated the nation and soured American-Latin American relationships for decades. But what if Mexico never joined Axis?

(OCC : Mexico joins Central Powers in World War 1 and is defeated. Americans feel sour about the war and impose a harsh treaty on Mexico. Germany gets an even harsher Treaty of Versailles supported by a bitter USA and and USA openly supports the Allies in the Turkish War of Independence)

Well it was a pity that the gringos had to be delt with in the camps, but it was the only way to clense the Tejas and the other reclaimed territories, at least everyone who could show proof of at least one Hispanic grandparent was spared.

OCC : Mexico joins Central Powers in World War 1 and is defeated. Americans feel sour about the war and impose a harsh treaty on Mexico. Germany gets an even harsher Treaty of Versailles supported by a bitter USA and and USA openly supports the Allies in the Turkish War of Independence)

OCC: For why I feel Mexico joining the Central Powers is extremely unlikely, see https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/mexico-join-world-war-one.454995/page-2#post-17830549

Well it was a pity that the gringos had to be delt with in the camps, but it was the only way to clense the Tejas and the other reclaimed territories, at least everyone who could show proof of at least one Hispanic grandparent was spared.
The... The Mexicans lost...

ASUKIRIK

Banned
Eh? For all things, those who get sent into camps were the ones who vehemently refused to swore loyalty to the Mexican cause and learn to speak Spanish. And also the Jews but that was a totally different subjects.

Yes, US immediately entering the War on Entente's side and declaring war on BOTH Germany and Soviet Union was cited to be the real cause of Soviet Union joining the Axis forces, as unthinkable as it was just a few years before.

But yeah, maybe if US never entered Second World War, they could have a chance to led their own bloc of battered so-called "Democratic States", in the Fascist-Communist Cold War that would inevitably happen. Instead of peace being maintained by the threat of mutual annihilation due to Biological Weapons, it would be much more fluid, but also less tenuous international diplomacy with both Fascists and Communists will try to court the democratic countries to their side.

Probably a less anti-Catholic USA, so maybe the FBI would act on its intel and the Kennedys wouldn't have been wiped out by the klan.
I certainly would agree, between the "Troubles" of 1968 and 1994, along with the Minuteman militias constantly patrolling the border, anyone Catholic or brown-skinned within 100 miles of the border knows that getting pulled over is literally a life or death situation. Just ask comedians George Lopez and Chris Rock.

Perhaps don't get Mexican involvement in the 2nd War of Austrian Secession? That way the KKK propaganda of us losing to the Mexicans cannot happen.
OOC: Certainly someone's going to call WWI that, since it's a Serb shooting an Austrian that caused it.

This belongs in the ASB section. It would take ASBs for Mexico to be stupid enough to go against the US in the 1940s. It would take more ASBs for the US not to be in Mexico City in a month if it were dumb enough to do so. It would take a flock of ASBs for it to win said war.

Are we not going to mention Baja California? Without the annexation of Baja (and by extension, bits of Sonora), I doubt we'd see the rise of the Baja-Sonora Liberation Movement (BSLM) and the bombings during the 1994 Troubles.

Are we not going to mention Baja California? Without the annexation of Baja (and by extension, bits of Sonora), I doubt we'd see the rise of the Baja-Sonora Liberation Movement (BSLM) and the bombings during the 1994 Troubles.
The scary thing is that California Governor Tom Tancredo and Lieutenant-Governor Tim Donnelly won their respective offices after promoting their ties to the BSLM, proclaiming them "real American heroes"....

The scary thing is that California Governor Tom Tancredo and Lieutenant-Governor Tim Donnelly won their respective offices after promoting their ties to the BSLM, proclaiming them "real American heroes"....
I'm not surprised Tancredo was shot. Donnelly's term, though, was the worst thing that could've happened. I'm very glad he didn't get a re-election after the Imperial Beach Attacks. He'd probably pardon them, the bastard.

Edit:

On topic with the OP, I'd imagine that the BSLM wouldn't exist, or at least not in a way they do today. Maybe a reversal, where Sonoran and Baja Californian movements want the states to secede from Mexico as their own countries? (OOC: in analogy with the OTL Baja Californian Baja California Independence Movement/Separatist Army of the Sovereign State of Baja California and the Sonoran Free Sonora/New Republic of Sonora movements)

Last edited:
I'm not surprised Tancredo was shot. Donnelly's term, though, was the worst thing that could've happened. I'm very glad he didn't get a re-election after the Imperial Beach Attacks. He'd probably pardon them, the bastard.
The one positive thing about the Imperial Beach attacks is that it forced the release of Dolores Huerta from imprisonment at Pelican Bay prison. The funniest part is that she might run for California governor after her experience...

The one positive thing about the Imperial Beach attacks is that it forced the release of Dolores Huerta from imprisonment at Pelican Bay prison. The funniest part is that she might run for California governor after her experience...
I'd be all for that! A Mexican-American governor would be a plus for the Troubles not returning in California and Arizona.

I'd be all for that! A Mexican-American governor would be a plus for the Troubles not returning in California and Arizona.
I am certainly interested in seeing how other states will deal with the changes towards the Roman Catholic Church. I certainly remember how there were actual riots when Pope John Paul II visited the White House in 1979. If anything, I would like to think we have changed, but we also have to remember that it was only 8 years later in 1987, that Geraldo Rivera was beaten up on national television for being a "Papist"....

I am certainly interested in seeing how other states will deal with the changes towards the Roman Catholic Church. I certainly remember how there were actual riots when Pope John Paul II visited the White House in 1979. If anything, I would like to think we have changed, but we also have to remember that it was only 8 years later in 1987, that Geraldo Rivera was beaten up on national television for being a "Papist"....
My father being a Catholic and his uncle being a Catholic priest, I can't imagine their opinions on it. I would ask my father, but he's never answered me. His uncle would not answer either, as he's dead.

My father being a Catholic and his uncle being a Catholic priest, I can't imagine their opinions on it. I would ask my father, but he's never answered me. His uncle would not answer either, as he's dead.
I certainly remember my Irish-American teacher in the second grade in Catholic school, Miss Fitzpatrick, gave the finger to Queen Elizabeth II and Ronald Reagan whenever they showed their visit to San Francisco in 1986. If that is any signal, there is still a lot of ground that needs to be covered in regards to religion...

ASUKIRIK

Banned
And while the continent of North America is in Chaos, they are relatively sunny compared to what happened in Europe.

Yes, the Nazi government of Great Germany and Communist government of Soviet Union is technically still at peace, but there are rumors about them preparing for the ultimate showdown that might end up with Earth being destroyed!

And while the continent of North America is in Chaos, they are relatively sunny compared to what happened in Europe.

Yes, the Nazi government of Great Germany and Communist government of Soviet Union is technically still at peace, but there are rumors about them preparing for the ultimate showdown that might end up with Earth being destroyed!
OOC: ...the axis was still defeated. the cold war ended. everything happened in europe just like OTL.