Destroyermen Into The Storm

I just picked up a new book "INTO THE STORM" by Taylor Anderson andI wondered if anyone else has read it? I found it sort of predictable but a relaxing read. The only unusual plot item is that the ISOT involves two destroyers from the ABDA fleet in early WWII instead of modern ships. Won't say any more, not doing spoilers.

South by Java Head?

I finally got round to reading it. A lot better than expected I saw elements of Birmingham's Axis of Time in the start and Final Coundown in the vortex that transports the ship and I was expecting a version of Anderson's the war of the Wingmen in the plot according to the blurb but it is quite clear which side to take in this case. Not strictly AH more a parallel universe story and no mention of the point of divergence but maybe that comes in a later one. It certainly wasn't crap but maybe as I enjoy sailing and like cats I may be biased. I look forward to the next one when the libraries get round to ordering it and having read the first don't expect the Crusade to be a timewarp back to the middle ages.

I think the point of divergence was the dino killer meteor hitting 65 million years ago didn't happen. The Grik is a obvious evolved raptor dino of some type. I found both books to be interesting with few faults. The amagi was a battle cruiser converted to a carrier. But the original would not have mounted 10 inch guns; probably 14 inch with 6 inch secondaries and 4.7 or 5 inch anti-aircraft.
I think the 1941 us navy is well done and I like the way the lemurs are treated. But I was a little upset with the way the demensional shift was handled. And I wonder about the fish bigger than a ship, have to see one of those.