Dr Who - AH Cliche

The Doctor, Rose and Mickey arrive back in London this weekend. Only not quite our London - there be airships,

There be a whole lot else but good to see that some TV scriptwriters are aware of the "rule" that alternate histories went the dirigible way.

:)

HARRY said:
Wasn't there a Jon Pertwee Doctor Who that was all AH with the Brigadeer with a Eye patch.

Yes, the only AH episode of the Dr Who universe done. It was called Inferno and is one of my favorites.

Torqumada

Thande

Donor
I have my doubts as to whether this is an ATL in the normal sense. I suspect [POSSIBLE SPOILER IF I'M RIGHT ;)] that it is in fact the Earth's "twin planet" of Mondas which appeared in the first Cybermen episode. It would be interesting if Mondas is in fact a sort of mirror universe version of the Earth that somehow manages to coexist in the same TL - indeed this episode might explain how that happened (two timelines' versions of Earth present in the same universe?)

Thande said:
I have my doubts as to whether this is an ATL in the normal sense. I suspect [POSSIBLE SPOILER IF I'M RIGHT ;)] that it is in fact the Earth's "twin planet" of Mondas which appeared in the first Cybermen episode. It would be interesting if Mondas is in fact a sort of mirror universe version of the Earth that somehow manages to coexist in the same TL - indeed this episode might explain how that happened (two timelines' versions of Earth present in the same universe?)

Interesting idea-it was bugging me how they were going to fit the previous origins of the Cybermen with what the trailor suggests-could be a good answer

I hope Thande is wrong but I fear he may be right.

We could very well have another origin of the cybermen though- after the time war everything was messed up allowing for whatever we want to be rewritten.
Also what happened on their world coudl happen on ours,the similar appearance is just coincidance.

Thande

Donor
Jason said:
Interesting idea-it was bugging me how they were going to fit the previous origins of the Cybermen with what the trailor suggests-could be a good answer
Although IIRC the Cybermen actually originated on Telos and later moved to Mondas, so that might blow my theory out of the water ;)

That's a relief.
It was a actual alternative earth.
So what do yo think is happening?
Its a republic of Great Britain- no Ireland there.
A corrupt police state where the poor are POOR and the rich are RICH....Somewhat.
And there is a New Germany which I guess is America.

Leej said:
That's a relief.
It was a actual alternative earth.
So what do yo think is happening?
Its a republic of Great Britain- no Ireland there.
A corrupt police state where the poor are POOR and the rich are RICH....Somewhat.
And there is a New Germany which I guess is America.

Really enjoyed-first rate! High technology levels-this is why I never upgrade my phone:D