Interesting update.
besides industrialisation, the elephant in the room for La Floride is obviously status of black population. Any sane politician will see that in any future war/disturbance they will face threat of open rebellion of black population. Considering they have about 30% of population, there's no other choice than slowly give them equality. Otherwise, you will have a 30% fifth column in the country, not a good recipe for any country. So, I think that segregation might develop in La Floride, but here it might be really much more qual, not just separate. With the real goal of uplifting of black population ( education, health protection, jobs, housing etc. ) to have them more-less equal during some mid-term ( 20- 30 years ) period.

They have a Governour too? Who were the Governours of the period?

Whatare their relations with Mexico and other neighbouring countries?

Interesting update.
besides industrialisation, the elephant in the room for La Floride is obviously status of black population. Any sane politician will see that in any future war/disturbance they will face threat of open rebellion of black population. Considering they have about 30% of population, there's no other choice than slowly give them equality. Otherwise, you will have a 30% fifth column in the country, not a good recipe for any country. So, I think that segregation might develop in La Floride, but here it might be really much more qual, not just separate. With the real goal of uplifting of black population ( education, health protection, jobs, housing etc. ) to have them more-less equal during some mid-term ( 20- 30 years ) period.

They have a Governour too? Who were the Governours of the period?

Whatare their relations with Mexico and other neighbouring countries?
Or, alternatively, the existing system might be secure enough to last much longer than OTL's Jim Crow (which only ended because the South was forced to). Keep in mind that Apartheid lasted until OTL's 1990s, and that's with a Black majority and a world that grew increasingly disgusted by racism after WW2. In this world where the Nazis never exist, and thus the logical extreme/end point of racism is never shown, I think the second-class status of Afro-Floridians could possibly last to the present (same with an ATL apartheid in TTL's much less Black South Africa). I still think racism would decline, as it's a untenable position long-term after other non-Western powers like Japan catch up to the west, but it becoming society's biggest taboo isn't as probable without the horrors of the Nazis. I think it might shift from a prejudice based on appearance and genetics to a prejudice based on culture and behavior ITTL.

Or, alternatively, the existing system might be secure enough to last much longer than OTL's Jim Crow (which only ended because the South was forced to). Keep in mind that Apartheid lasted until OTL's 1990s, and that's with a Black majority and a world that grew increasingly disgusted by racism after WW2. In this world where the Nazis never exist, and thus the logical extreme/end point of racism is never shown, I think the second-class status of Afro-Floridians could possibly last to the present (same with an ATL apartheid in TTL's much less Black South Africa). I still think racism would decline, as it's a untenable position long-term after other non-Western powers like Japan catch up to the west, but it becoming society's biggest taboo isn't as probable without the horrors of the Nazis. I think it might shift from a prejudice based on appearance and genetics to a prejudice based on culture and behavior ITTL.
I think that having a 800 pound gorilla north will be that pressure.

On the other hand, the elimination of slavery was more or less on their terms (at least in comparison to OTL which was one of the big driving factors of Jim Crow in the first place) and there is no one drop rule so mixed raced people and wealthier blacks are probably better off ITTL. It also wouldn’t surprise me if La Floride went down the Brazil route and encouraged interracial relations as to reduce the overall level of “blackness” so to speak. If so I would expect a high level of biracial or multiracial people to exist.

Last edited:
Part 119: FINLAND!
Part 119: FINLAND!
When I was checking out my maps in preparation for making a blank map of Europe, I noticed that Finland hadn’t yet gained independence from Sweden. I found this quite unrealistic, so I’m gonna quickly put out an update on Finland and her independence.
For centuries, Finland had been a part of the Kingdom of Sweden. Much of Sweden’s land area consisted of Finland, and ethnic Finns made up a third of the population of the population of Sweden. Being such a large proportion of the population and having large swaths of the country being majority Finnish, it’s natural that a Finnish nationalist movement would develop. Finnish nationalism would develop several different strains, from advocating for a separate Finnish parliament within Sweden to wanting to fully cut ties with the Swedes and create a Finnish republic (an idea that had support from the Russian Republic).
Fortunately for the peace and stability of the Nordic countries, there was already a model for the Finns to work off of, that being Norway. Denmark, which Norway had been a part of for a long time, had given the Norwegians complete self-governance under the Danish crown, effectively making them independent in all matters except for foreign policy, in which they’d cooperate with Denmark. There were even talks in Denmark about making the thinly populated and ethnically distinct Iceland a self-governing country, though that hadn’t happened yet (it would also be plausible for Iceland to be incorporated into Denmark proper and given seats in the Danish parliament).
Thus, an agreement was made between Finnish nationalists and the Swedish government to grant Finland self-governance, with their own parliament and domestic policy separate from Sweden. Finnish and Swedish would be co-official languages (there being a large Swedish minority in Finland), and the border would be placed along the Torne and Muonio rivers. On July 1st of 1941, Finland officially became an independent country, with the capital being placed in Turku/Abo. The King of Sweden remained the King of Finland, but all actual governance in Finland was done by the Finnish parliament and prime minister (or whatever that position would’ve been called). While this agreement did disappoint some of the more extreme nationalists, most Finns were content with the deal, so that’s how it ended up shaking up. Thus, Finland was now an independent, self governing country, albeit with strong ties to her former rulers. So go to the sauna and listen to Ievan Polkka, because Finland is now independent.
FINLAND!

r/vexillology - Finnish flag redesign

Flag of Finland (source)

I've decided that my next update will be about the diplomatic situation in Europe. I imagine Europe will be quite multipolar ITTL. I think the main powers would be these countries:
  • Prussia (with Austro-Bavaria as a secondary German power)
  • France
  • Russia
  • Britain
I've said this before, but I don't see the Mitteleuropa being viable long term. I think countries like Poland, Carpathia and Hungary would stay with the Germans, but Ukraine and Crimea could drift towards Russia and Wallonia towards France, for example (I could even see France re-annexing Wallonia). I'll get a map of what I think the spheres of influence would be ITTL soon. I'd also like some suggestions, so feel free to leave some thoughts and ideas.

I've decided that my next update will be about the diplomatic situation in Europe. I imagine Europe will be quite multipolar ITTL. I think the main powers would be these countries:
  • Prussia (with Austro-Bavaria as a secondary German power)
  • France
  • Russia
  • Britain
I've said this before, but I don't see the Mitteleuropa being viable long term. I think countries like Poland, Carpathia and Hungary would stay with the Germans, but Ukraine and Crimea could drift towards Russia and Wallonia towards France, for example (I could even see France re-annexing Wallonia). I'll get a map of what I think the spheres of influence would be ITTL soon. I'd also like some suggestions, so feel free to leave some thoughts and ideas.
Will they also try to annex Alsace to