Europe United: Where would the Capital be?

Of course it depends on how it happens, but ignoring those concerns, capitals along the Rhine are far too far West to be the place to rule over all of Europe. Vienna or Prague make more sense.

I wonder why no British city has been named :D

The closer you get to 1900 the more likely Berlin or Paris will be the capital, however I would hold out for Athens as the place where democracy was born.

I would go with Prague myself. It's close to the geographic center of Europe, it's a beautiful city full of historic architecture, and the population speaks Czech, so there is no undue advantage for a more frequently spoken language such as German or French (which makes it more acceptable to speakers of the other European languages).

Munich, I believe, is basically the center of Europe, or at least close to it. I also like Prag or Vienna as ideas.

Of course it depends on how it happens, but ignoring those concerns, capitals along the Rhine are far too far West to be the place to rule over all of Europe. Vienna or Prague make more sense.
Frankfurt is the historical capital of the HRE, Strasbourg is in a zone between France and Germany and this gave them a good chance to being choised

birdboy2000

Banned
Rome seems the best bet to me. Not all that centrally located, but immense cultural prestige, both from the Roman Empire and the Catholic Church. Obviously it depends on the unifier, though - a protestant state in Northern Europe probably won't pick it.

Silkeborg imo. close to nearly everything in europe :rolleyes:

i like the idea of the capital being at the Rhine Falls :p!

All you keep to far west. If going by central location, then the centre of gravity of European continent is actually near Vilnius.

The centre of population would be probably in Czech Republic or maybe southern Poland. Depends if you include all of Russia or only European part. For EU it is somewhere near Frankfurt.