Geronimo : What if Osama Bin Laden was killed prior to 9/11?

Losing Atlantis probably cost NASA a lot of money even if the crew survived, so I'd think this would at least ground the shuttle for a couple years like after Columbia and perhaps shorten the program's lifespan

The agreement was made, for the terrorists to link with Uday’s squadrons, to take back Karbala without being identified as Iraqis. To wield the black flags instead of the Iraqi tricolour. The two dealers of death agreed, though both were certain of the other's untrustworthy nature, but before the meeting ended Zarqawi still had one last question.

“Is this order from Saddam, or you?”

To which Uday replied with a grin.“Iraq is not a country for old men.”
I haven't forgotten about this yet

I haven't forgotten about this yet
In December 2005 Zarqawi's forces launched an attack on Karbala, which massively escalated the conflict in Iraq.

I remember reading that Edwards was planning more direct action to remove Saddam prior to Atlantis; my guess is that the US will start supplying weapons to Sadr's forces and carrying out airstrikes on Iraqi military positions within the no-fly zones. Given the situation there it'd be easy to frame it as humanitarian actions to protect Iraq's Shia population. Regardless, I'm very excited to see where things go. An update on the Darfur peace talks and Sudanese constitutional convention would also be great, as would the situation in Afghanistan, especially with the death of Zahir in July 2007 probably throwing a monkey wrench into the settlement

The Iraqi Kurds have a great opportunity to aim for independence while the Sadrists and Saddam are busy fighting each other, especially if they capture the Kirkuk oil field.

The whole symbolism of losing the shuttle called "Atlantis" to the sea just make this event more mythical, will the debris remain in the deep ocean?

Thank you everyone for the great reception, as you can tell this was a real labour to put together and very much appreciate the feedback.

I wonder what the progression of space-flight would be in this timeline now, if NASA is still otherwise going strong with the shuttle programme. Are we not going to see millionaire-funded private initiatives in this timeline? Or would NASA be contracting them? Though fair to say, I don't know how it works in the current era, if NASA is contracting with any private initiatives.

John Edwards / John Kerry 2004 New
Nice job, MLK JFK LBJ Beatles!

--------------------------
I have something to share here as well:

A Wikipedia infobox of the Ostankino Tower

View attachment 891762
View attachment 891763
I've made another infobox if that is okay.

The 2004 Democratic Party presidential ticket of John Edwards and John Kerry.

Edwards-Kerry Geronimo 2004.png

A reverse of the OTL 2004 ticket.

Of course Bali does happen here in Geronimo and 9/4 is a day of infamy in Russia.

The Apollo 13: Space Shuttle edition will turn into a movie one day. How is the Constellation program going?

Last edited:
9/4 Globally New
I've made some fan content about the Russian Plane Attacks, the covers of various newspapers around the world on September 5, 2004. I made the image used in the NYT cover, but the rest are from Iwanh's original post. I don't know a word of German so if there are any grammatical mistakes in the cover of Die Welt feel free to point it out. Anyway, I hope you like it!

RussianPlaneAttacksFrontpagesmini.png

I've made some fan content about the Russian Plane Attacks, the covers of various newspapers around the world on September 5, 2004. I made the image used in the NYT cover, but the rest are from Iwanh's original post. I don't know a word of German so if there are any grammatical mistakes in the cover of Die Welt feel free to point it out. Anyway, I hope you like it!
@Iwanh I think you got a comparable competitor now

Aceitunejo, you're the second guy who can makes ATL newspapers this realistic since Iwanh , as far as I concerned

You just killed it

Good job at making these dude!