Hail Vasa, King of Prussia

My challenge is, with a POD of after 1648, make the Vasa family the royal family of Prussia.

Bonus points if the Vasa family remains in power long enough to be the king of a unified Germany...

Prussia became a Kingdom because of the effort of the Hohenzollern in Brandenburg. The Vasa had Poland and Sweden.

If King Gustav Adolph had lived, a marriage alliance between Brandenburg-Prussia and Sweden might have been made (it was planned OTL). Christina and the Great Elector would have been married. If they had kids, the kids would be half-Vasa, though they wouldn't be Vasa's per se. And the kids would be Kings who would rule Prussia, though they wouldn't be Kings of Prussia (or King in Prussia, as the title was orginially).

Susano

Banned
Yepp. No Kingdom of Prussia in 1648 yet, and surely not by a long shot any hint that the Hohenzollerns might pull together Germany:rolleyes:

Grey Wolf

Donor
When did the two Hohenzollern lines become united ?

I can look this up on my database at home, of course !

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

Susano

Banned
When did the two Hohenzollern lines become united ?

I can look this up on my database at home, of course !

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

Oh, the Duchy of Prussia and the Margraviate of Brandenburg were already in personal union at that time. Since... mid-16th centur ysomewhen. Ah, Wiki says 1562. Now I know that I always like to point out how the distinction of personal and rela union was meaningless in those times (outside the British Islands, maybe), but nontheless the Kingdom of Prussia only came into existance 1701. For the time before its more proper to refer to the state as Brandenburg, or Brandenburg-Prussia.

In a way this really happened. The Polish Vasa kings were, among other things, grand dukes of (Royal, that is western) Prussia.

Oh, the Duchy of Prussia and the Margraviate of Brandenburg were already in personal union at that time. Since... mid-16th centur ysomewhen. Ah, Wiki says 1562.

What? No, it was 1618.

My challenge is, with a POD of after 1648, make the Vasa family the royal family of Prussia.

Bonus points if the Vasa family remains in power long enough to be the king of a unified Germany...

Easy enough
The Deluge goes terribly wrong, not neceserarry for the Swedes but for the Brandenburg. Ducal Prussia goes to PLC. Some times later, the noble confedaracy goes against John Casimir who in then end is persuaded to enchange the elective throne of the PLC for the hereditary rule in Prussia. Sometimes later, when PLC is weak, Prussia becomes kingdom.