Henry VII dies shortly after taking the English throne

Lincoln is an ambitious and slippery character. He always attached himself to whoever seemed to have the upper hand at the time to advance himself -- an Edwardian until Edward IV's death (gaining lands and titles) and a Ricardian until Richard III's death (becoming Richard's heir after Middleham's death), he submitted to Henry VII after Bosworth, but then almost immediately began conspiring against the new king when he gained nothing under the new Tudor regime. He supported the Lambert Simnel farce in OTL, but in ATL he has no reason to hide behind an imposter pretender and he can just declare himself the "true" Yorkist heir.

It could be argued that Titulus Regius is invalid because it was passed under duress. And if we're going to look at the technicalities, then it should be noted that George's line is not out. The attainder deprives his line of the lands and titles bestowed upon him by the crown, but does not exclude it from the crown itself. (Indeed, Richard of York's claim to the throne stems from the idea that the line of succession cannot be changed by parliament in any event -- if it could, then the Yorkists were never the rightful kings, as parliament picked Lancaster in 1399.) But in any event, this is not a time for legalities. The fact is no one can agree means that it can only be settled by war.
As far as I’m aware, that’s one of the reasons RIII took the throne: George’s line has been barred from the throne on his attainder…

As far as I’m aware, that’s one of the reasons RIII took the throne: George’s line has been barred from the throne on his attainder…
He was not. The attainder makes no mention of the throne in the attainder, though Titulus Regius claims it does.

How on earth is choosing a child with no support whatsoever the most logical decision?
Because he can be married to Elizabeth of York to booster his claim and win over the Edwardians and can be a puppet King for the Lancastrians.
1) Richard III just ignored him entirely during the usurpation of 1483
Didn’t Richard have him placed under house arrest to ensure no one got their hands on him?
2) Richard murdered the princes in the Tower and there is no record of anyone floating Warwick as a possible contender to the throne
This is true, though I don’t think it hinders him that much as a claimant. Few if anyone actually saw Henry VII as a claimant in the 1470s, yet look what happened in the 1480s.
3) the Ricardians would promote the imposter Lambert Simnel before rather than take up Warwick's cause
1. They pretended he was Warwick because they couldn’t access the real deal? 2. I am not sure if they’d have actually put him on the throne, I have seen some say it was all a ruse to put John de la Pole on the throne.
4) Edwardians alienated by Henry VII's reign would promote the imposter Perkin Warbeck rather than take up Warwick's cause.
I mean, Warwick was in the Tower and under high guard, it would’ve been hard to access him. Plus, there was a real attempt to convince people that Perkin was actually Richard (iirc some people believe he was to this day), so I’d imagine a few people thought it was actually him.
Henry VII cared. Why do you think Warwick went in the tower as soon as practically possible? He knew the dangers of a male York boy…
Exactly, plus there was the alleged plot to free him.
He was not. The attainder makes no mention of the throne in the attainder, though Titulus Regius claims it does.
Isn’t this evidence that Richard didn’t ignore Edward of Warwick?

Because he can be married to Elizabeth of York to booster his claim and win over the Edwardians and can be a puppet King for the Lancastrians.
But why would they want a puppet child king instead of just wedding one of their own -- like Jasper, an adult who is a tested commander with a well of personal support -- to Elizabeth? Henry VI had already signaled that he favored the Tudor brothers as his heirs before the birth of Westminster, after all. This plan just seem unnecessarily complicated to justify extending the Plantagenet line another generation or more.

As for the Ricardians, they are going to be a headache, especially if John de la Pole (their best claimant) makes a go for the crown. It’s part of the reason why I see this ending in another civil war.
What happens if John de La Pole can set his wife aside and marry Elizabeth of York? Would those two together be able to unite the Yorkists, at least long enough to push the Lancastrians down and out and manage a child or two to provide a secure succession?

Grey Wolf

Donor
It's a mess, but I'd guess that Elizabeth of York weds Jasper Tudor, as he is the most experienced Lancastrian commander and also the closest ally of Margaret Beaufort, who is really the main figure in the Lancastrian cause at this time. John de la Pole, earl of Lincoln, would surely dust off the absurd claim that Elizabeth is a bastard to try and claim the throne for himself.
Well, wasn't he Richard III's declared heir? Kingship is to the male, here, so the fact that Elizabeth has a claim only works as to who she marries - Henry VII, but he is now dead.

Lincoln was able to invade in 1487 after raising forces. Here, you could see forces come out for him, as the only other sensible heir is Warwick, who is locked in the Tower and who might be seized upon by the Tudors as an option, but who has no following in his own right

But why would they want a puppet child king instead of just wedding one of their own -- like Jasper, an adult who is a tested commander with a well of personal support -- to Elizabeth? Henry VI had already signaled that he favored the Tudor brothers as his heirs before the birth of Westminster, after all. This plan just seem unnecessarily complicated to justify extending the Plantagenet line another generation or more.
I have thought about Jasper trying to claim the throne, but I am not sure if he’d have the support for it. Then again if he marries Elizabeth of York (and he wouldn’t need a dispensation so the marriage could happen asap) I guess he could survive, after all, the Edwardians will support him as a result and the Lancastrians don’t have better options. It’d be interesting to see if they have any kids, given Jasper didn’t have any with Catherine Woodville in otl, though they could have been Catherine’s problem.
What happens if John de La Pole can set his wife aside and marry Elizabeth of York? Would those two together be able to unite the Yorkists, at least long enough to push the Lancastrians down and out and manage a child or two to provide a secure succession?
If John was able to marry Elizabeth then he’d probably get the crown. Though they would need a dispensation which might cause an issue (and he used by their opponents to claim any of their children are illegitimate). I could also see the Lancastrians suddenly ‘discovering’ that Elizabeth is indeed a bastard and consequentially is ineligible for the throne. Though, I’d expect the Lancastrians to be defeated in this scenario, unless a disastrous battle sees John de la Pole and his brothers killed before John and Elizabeth can have a child together.

But why would they want a puppet child king instead of just wedding one of their own -- like Jasper, an adult who is a tested commander with a well of personal support -- to Elizabeth?
Because the throne is so unstable right now that it's safer being the power behind the throne than the one in the actual hot seat. Jasper would make an excellent regent for an underaged king or queen (since it means the Lancastrians get a few years to reward their followers), but I think he'd be smart enough to know that such naked opportunism as marrying his nephew's betrothed won't likely carry him very far in the long run. I don't know if he's ambitious (or arguably stupid) enough to advance himself to royal status, even if offered it, given how bad it'll make him look in comparison to everyone with actual, credible claims.

I always saw his support for the Lambert Simnel farce as hedging his bets -- something that could allow him to try and reconcile with Henry if he had survived Stoke. "Oh, I'm sorry, I was taken in by his lies, I thought he was Edward's true born son -- now that I know he's not, of course I support you and your wife."
... Simnel's story was that he was Warwick, not Edward V/Richard of Shrewsbury?

If we trust Alison Weir (that’s iffy) then there is Thomas Beaufort (b. 1442), but even if he existed I doubt Edward IV would’ve let him live past the 1470s. Honestly, Jasper and Oxford playing Kingmaker and installing a Yorkist King of their choice (Warwick) is the most logical decision they could make imo.
Think this has come up before- whilst the Wiki has this putative Thomas Beaufort down as 1442-1517, my newer version of Weir's book has him dying young ''before 1463.''

Reasonable to think he's off the table by 1485, if he existed at all.

Upon reflection, I'm fairly confident we'd see Jasper Tudor marrying Elizabeth of York and forging the Tudor Rose, and naturally having to fight off eventual claims from the de la Poles and Staffords.

Think this has come up before- whilst the Wiki has this putative Thomas Beaufort down as 1442-1517, my newer version of Weir's book has him dying young ''before 1463.''

Reasonable to think he's off the table by 1485, if he existed at all.
Yeah, Thomas Beaufort’s existence seems highly unlikely and his survival up until the 1510s seems even more unlikely. Why would Edward IV let the son of his Father’s arch nemesis live that long? Why did Thomas Beaufort never make a run for the throne? It seems like something that was made up completely to me.

Upon reflection, I'm fairly confident we'd see Jasper Tudor marrying Elizabeth of York and forging the Tudor Rose, and naturally having to fight off eventual claims from the de la Poles and Staffords.

Though as he has no English Royal blood, his claim is purely jure uxoris. So if he still dies in 1495, presumably the throne reverts to EoY and whoever becomes her second husband.

Though as he has no English Royal blood, his claim is purely jure uxoris. So if he still dies in 1495, presumably the throne reverts to EoY and whoever becomes her second husband.
Jasper Tudor is the son of a French princess/English queen. His claim is jure uxoris, but he'll likely predecease his wife, and if they had sons by then the issue is moot

Surely not Catherine's problem as she had children in her other marriage but Jasper was already quite old when he married her
It could’ve been, her first three children were all born in quick succession of one another which could have affected her fertility. Plus her third husband had ten kids, but has none with Catherine. Though it being Jasper’s problem or simply bad luck are more likely.

Unless he tries to shore up his claim as by conquest, gift of God, election of Parliament, etc.

Henry VII's original claim was by conquest.
As for the other two: why not just have Elizabeth as suo-jure queen with him as consort?
Because this is 1480s England.if the Edwardians wouldn't do it for Liz, the Lancastrian wouldn't do it for Maggie B OTL, why would they suddenly go "that's a spiffing idea" here?