Hitler dead but Valkyrie unsuccessful

The POD is that Van Stauffenberg lets an aid with ten fingers take care of the bombs. Two bombs go off and kill everyone in the room including Hitler. The coup fails because it is disorganized. The SS takes the lead in suppressing the plot. This leads to Himmler overthrowing Goering and taking power. A power struggle which weakens the German Military follows. The WAllies cross the Rhine in early October.1944, By November 7, 1944, they have taken Prague. The Soviets take Warsaw on November 5, 1944, and by early December 1944, they have surrounded Berlin. Himmler is overthrown on December 12 and on December 16 ( VE Day) Germany surrenders. On March 16, 1945, the USSR declared war on Japan and invaded Manchukuo. In April the Wallied European veterans arrived in the Pacific theater. They got there just in time for the invasion of Okinawa, which fell on May 10, 1945.The bombing and blockade got more intense. On August 3, 1945, Hirohito surrenders. I see three post war changes.

1 The atomic bomb is a military secret until 1949, when the Soviets announce they have developed one of their own.

2 Czechoslavika comes to end in early 1946. There is a not so velvet divorce when Soviet occupied Slovakia breaks away. Czechhia, along with West Germany, is the front line NATO nation. It also host US military bases. If you are the child of an American veteran and German, your parent could have been stationed there and you could have a different heritage.

3 In the last four and a half months of the war, the Soviets spread over China. In 1946, Jaing's government has to flee to Taiwan. Truman is spared the who lost China controversy. The People's Republic of China is a Soviet satellite. There is no Great Leap Forward or Cultural Revolution. Deng replaces Mao and transforms China as he did OTL. The opening of Chinese American relations is delayed. It happens under Reagan, after corporation eager to cash in on the lucrative China trade lobby the President.

In the Mad Magazine satire of Patton, when the Germans surrendered General Puton was wearing winter clothes. When I read that as a first grader, it had a profound effect on me. I am happy to find a way to end the war in Europe during winter.