Imperial Chinese Querry

Assuming for the sake of all argument that Yixuan, Prince Chun, becomes the Chinese Emperor after a much longer-lived Xianfeng Emperor, after which the OTL Tongzhi Emperor had still died of smallpox ITTL; what would an appropriate era name for Prince Chun be as the new emperor? I'm assuming something involving reform, progress, looking to the future, while also evoking the glories of the past, etc. would be appropriate, though I'll leave it to your much more knowledgeable discretion.

Similarly, what would an appropriate Era name be for Prince Chun's successor to the throne, who would be an "ATL brother," as Thande likes to put it, of an aggregation of the personalities, both good and bad, of Chun's sons; though obviously they would be born and grow within a different environment.

Well, my Chinese is kinda bad, but how about 易進 (Yijin), which should translate to something like "Change enters" (I think). I'm pretty sure it doesn't make much sense, but era names don't always do.

Well, my Chinese is kinda bad, but how about 易進 (Yijin), which should translate to something like "Change enters" (I think). I'm pretty sure it doesn't make much sense, but era names don't always do.

To put it into context, the Xianfeng Emperor's era name of 咸豐帝 translates roughly to 'Universal Prosperity,' and he came into power just as the Taiping Rebellion was breaking out, so it was somewhat ironic. His successor was the Tongzhi Emperor (同归与治), whose name means roughly 'Restoring Order Together,' a reference to the de-facto co-rule by Empress Dowager Cixi, and his successor was the Guangxu Emperor (光緒), whose name meant 'Glorious Succession,' though by that point Cixi was the sole de-facto ruler of China.

So assuming once again that ITTL Cixi is out of the picture and Prince Chun follows Emperor Xianfeng onto the throne, I would assume his regal era name would reflect on that.

Sumeragi

Banned
There never is a real convention on how you do era names. It's basically up to the emperor himself to chose on (different from Japan, where it's decided upon by some unknown group at the Imperial Palace).

Here are the era names for the Chinese emperors in Course of Human Events (the 1st on the list is OTL):
Daoguang [Enlightened Path]
Jiande [Resolute Virtue]
Xinshiji [New Century]
Xiangyun [Auspicious Cloud]
Fengshou [Bountiful Harvest]
Zhiweiyi [One for All]
Dayuejin [Great Leap Forward]
Zhenshiyan [True Oath]
Kangde [Peaceful Era]

Thing with Prince Chun is that Imperial convention demands that the heir to the throne be of a younger generation than his predecessor, in order to perform filial rites of obeisance to the departed Emperor. IOTL Cixi got around this with a bit of a fudge, but it certainly wouldn't work if the successor were actually older than the predecessor.

However, if you can get over that, I see an alliance with Li Hongzhang and the self-strengtheners as on the cards, and possibly a liquidation of Cixi's faction.

Thing with Prince Chun is that Imperial convention demands that the heir to the throne be of a younger generation than his predecessor, in order to perform filial rites of obeisance to the departed Emperor. IOTL Cixi got around this with a bit of a fudge, but it certainly wouldn't work if the successor were actually older than the predecessor.

However, if you can get over that, I see an alliance with Li Hongzhang and the self-strengtheners as on the cards, and possibly a liquidation of Cixi's faction.

Yixuan was younger than his brother Xianfeng. Same-generational successions, while not exactly conventional, occur enough that they're not rare. I'm pretty sure brother-brother successions are the second-most common, after succession from father to son.