List of Monarchs and Rulers

This is meant to be a continuation thread of this one: https://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=226715

Only the actual monarchs posts should go here. On the thread linked to should go all discussion. Please read all of the above posts before making your own. Any contradictory posts should be eliminated as soon as possible.

For the next few posts, posts made on the original thread shall be made here:

Margaret, the Maid of Norway survives and weds Edward, Prince of Wales

Kings of England, Kings of Scots, and Lords of Ireland (joint reign 1307-30, 1337-??)

(1307-1330) Edward II of England (House of Plantagenet) and (1286-1337) Margaret I of Scotland (House of Dunkeld-Norway) [1]

[1] In 1290, Edward, the Prince of Wales and eldest son of Edward I of England, wed Margaret, the Maid of Norway, Queen of Scots since 1286. Edward I of England acted as regent for Margaret in Scotland until 1300, when she turned 18. Edward I died on April 9, 1307, while crushing a rebellion in York, and his son ascended to the English throne, thus beginning the joint reign. Edward and Margaret reigned as joint sovereigns over the entirety of Great Britain, by right of their rule over their respective kingdoms. They were both forceful and intelligent. They had four children, including Edward, who would succeed both to their thrones upon their deaths, thus crafting a personal union between England and Scotland.

Kings of England, Kings of Scots, and Lords of Ireland (joint reign 1307-30, 1337-??)

(1307-1330) Edward II of England (House of Plantagenet) and (1286-1337) Margaret I of Scotland (House of Dunkeld-Norway) [1]
(1330/7-1382) Edward III/I "the Kind" of England and Scotland (House of Plantagenet-Norway) [2]

[1] In 1290, Edward, the Prince of Wales and eldest son of Edward I of England, wed Margaret, the Maid of Norway, Queen of Scots since 1286. Edward I of England acted as regent for Margaret in Scotland until 1300, when she turned 18. Edward I died on April 9, 1307, while crushing a rebellion in York, and his son ascended to the English throne, thus beginning the joint reign. Edward and Margaret reigned as joint sovereigns over the entirety of Great Britain, by right of their rule over their respective kingdoms. They were both forceful and intelligent. They had four children, including Edward, who would succeed both to their thrones upon their deaths, thus crafting a personal union between England and Scotland.
[2] A very kind and charitable Monarch, who became widely supported by England and Scotland. In his reign there was peace.

Kings of England, Kings of Scots, and Lords of Ireland (joint reign 1307-30, 1337-??) "Kings of France" (1399-???)
(1330/7-1382) Edward III/I "the Kind" of England and Scotland (House of Plantagenet-Norway) [2]
(1382-1413) Richard II/I "the Vigorous" of England and Scotland (House of Plantagenet-Norway) [3]

[2] A very kind and charitable Monarch, who became widely supported by England and Scotland. In his reign there was peace.
[3] The eldest grandson of Edward III, Richard II was a very active and vigorous monarch, unlike his predecessor. Richard launched renewed campaigns in Ireland, the north of Scotland and in France. Richard conquered most of Ulster and asserted his formal supremacy over the remaining Irish chieftains and lords, although they remained largely independent. In France, Richard captured Calais and Normandy, also advancing into Brittany and Anjou. He claimed the title King of France. Richard also conquered the Lordships of the Isles and Orkney-Shetland, adding those territories to Scotland. Else-wise, Richard incorporated the Principality of Wales into the English administrative and legal system. He died while suppressing a rebellion in north Wales.

Kings of England, Kings of Scots, and Lords of Ireland (joint reign 1307-30, 1337-??) "Kings of France" (1399-???)

(1382-1413) Richard II/I 'the Vigorous' of England and Scotland (House of Plantagenet-Norway) [3]
(1413-1421) Margaret I/II 'the Remarkable' of England and Scotland (House of Plantagenet-Norway) [4]

[3] The eldest grandson of Edward III, Richard II was a very active and vigorous monarch, unlike his predecessor. Richard launched renewed campaigns in Ireland, the north of Scotland and in France. Richard conquered most of Ulster and asserted his formal supremacy over the remaining Irish chieftains and lords, although they remained largely independent. In France, Richard captured Calais and Normandy, also advancing into Brittany and Anjou. He claimed the title King of France. Richard also conquered the Lordships of the Isles and Orkney-Shetland, adding those territories to Scotland. Else-wise, Richard incorporated the Principality of Wales into the English administrative and legal system. He died while suppressing a rebellion in north Wales.
[4] Margaret was ever bit as forceful and intelligent as her great-great-grandmother. Since Richard II was homosexual, he didn't have much children, only two, and both were girls. On his death, the nobles supported "Edward IV/II" an brother of the dead King, but the peasantry grouped up and, for the first time ever in the history of humanity, beat the nobles and forced them to take Margaret as their Queen. In her reign, the feudal system was abandoned and more limitations were placed upon the nobles, taking them away from real power.

(1382-1413) Richard II/I "the Vigorous" of England and Scotland (House of Plantagenet-Norway) [3]
(1413-1421) Margaret I/II "the Remarkable" of England and Scotland (House of Plantagenet-Norway) [4]
(1421-1445) Henry IV "the Pitiful" of England and Scotland (House of Plantagenet-Norway)[5]

[3] The eldest grandson of Edward III, Richard II was a very active and vigorous monarch, unlike his predecessor. Richard launched renewed campaigns in Ireland, the north of Scotland and in France. Richard conquered most of Ulster and asserted his formal supremacy over the remaining Irish chieftains and lords, although they remained largely independent. In France, Richard captured Calais and Normandy, also advancing into Brittany and Anjou. He claimed the title King of France. Richard also conquered the Lordships of the Isles and Orkney-Shetland, adding those territories to Scotland. Else-wise, Richard incorporated the Principality of Wales into the English administrative and legal system. He died while suppressing a rebellion in north Wales. Homosexual.
[4] Margaret was ever bit as forceful and intelligent as her great-great-grandmother. Since Richard II was homosexual, he didn't have many children, only two, and both were girls. On his death, the nobles supported "Edward IV/II" an brother of the dead King, but the peasantry grouped up and, for the first time ever in the history of humanity, beat the nobles and forced them to take Margaret as their Queen. In her reign, the feudal system was abandoned and more limitations were placed upon the nobles, taking them away from real power.
[5] The only child of Margaret II, Henry IV was nothing like his mother, being a weak and foolish ruler. He indulged himself and paid little to the affairs of state. Henry's reign witnessed the loss of nearly all English territories in France. Taking advantage of the weak condition of the English-Scottish monarch, the actual King of France, Charles VII "the Victorious", launched vigorous campaigns against the English possessions. English armies were defeated at Orleans and Agincourt, and by 1440, the English had lost all of their French possessions except Calais and the Channel Islands. Henry IV did little about this and refused to send troops against France. Instead, he recognized the losses, although continuing to claim the title "King of France". Henry was deposed by his own wife, Queen Jane, and her lover, Charles Mortimer, who would install Henry's eldest son, also named Henry, on the throne.

Kings of England, Kings of Scots, and Lords of Ireland (joint reign 1307-30, 1337-1370) "Kings of France" (1399-???)

(1413-1421) Margaret I/II "the Remarkable" of England and Scotland (House of Plantagenet-Norway) [4]
(1421-1445) Henry IV "the Pitiful" of England and Scotland (House of Plantagenet-Norway)[5]
(1445-1470) Henry V "the Unifier" of England and Scotland (House of Plantagenet-Lancaster) [6]

Emperors of Brittania, "Kings of France" (1370-???)

(1470-1482) Henry I "the Unifier" of Brittania (House of Plantagenet-Lancaster) [6]

[3] The eldest grandson of Edward III, Richard II was a very active and vigorous monarch, unlike his predecessor. Richard launched renewed campaigns in Ireland, the north of Scotland and in France. Richard conquered most of Ulster and asserted his formal supremacy over the remaining Irish chieftains and lords, although they remained largely independent. In France, Richard captured Calais and Normandy, also advancing into Brittany and Anjou. He claimed the title King of France. Richard also conquered the Lordships of the Isles and Orkney-Shetland, adding those territories to Scotland. Else-wise, Richard incorporated the Principality of Wales into the English administrative and legal system. He died while suppressing a rebellion in north Wales. Homosexual.
[4] Margaret was ever bit as forceful and intelligent as her great-great-grandmother. Since Richard II was homosexual, he didn't have many children, only two, and both were girls. On his death, the nobles supported "Edward IV/II" an brother of the dead King, but the peasantry grouped up and, for the first time ever in the history of humanity, beat the nobles and forced them to take Margaret as their Queen. In her reign, the feudal system was abandoned and more limitations were placed upon the nobles, taking them away from real power.
[5] The only child of Margaret II, Henry IV was nothing like his mother, being a weak and foolish ruler. He indulged himself and paid little to the affairs of state. Henry's reign witnessed the loss of nearly all English territories in France. Taking advantage of the weak condition of the English-Scottish monarch, the actual King of France, Charles VII "the Victorious", launched vigorous campaigns against the English possessions. English armies were defeated at Orleans and Agincourt, and by 1440, the English had lost all of their French possessions except Calais and the Channel Islands. Henry IV did little about this and refused to send troops against France. Instead, he recognized the losses, although continuing to claim the title "King of France". Henry was deposed by his own wife, Queen Jane of Lancaster, and her lover, Charles Mortimer, who would install Henry's eldest son, also named Henry, on the throne.
[6] The eldest son of Henry IV and Jane of Lancaster, Henry V came to the throne as the result of the deposition and murder of his father by his mother and her lover. 16 years old when he came to the throne, the first two years of his reign was dominated by Queen Jane and Charles Mortimer, who ruled as regents of England and Scotland in Henry's name. In 1447, Henry assumed complete authority, imprisoning his mother and executing Mortimer. It was during his reign that the British Isles were unified. Henry did not launch any campaigns to try to reclaim lost territories in France, instead focusing on the British Isles. He conquered the remainder of Ireland and dispossessed the remaining Irish chieftains. In 1470, he proclaimed himself Emperor of Brittania, establishing the Brittanian Empire, and unifying the British Isles into one state. He ordered a re-start of the regal numberings, disregarding the English and Scottish regal numberings. By this he became Henry I of Brittania. Henry spent the remainder of his reign consolidating this new state.

Kings of England, Kings of Scots, and Lords of Ireland (joint reign 1307-30, 1337-1370) "Kings of France" (1399-???)

(1445-1470) Henry V "the Unifier" of England and Scotland (House of Plantagenet-Lancaster) [6]

(1470-1482) Henry I "the Unifier" of Brittania (House of Plantagenet-Lancaster) [6]
(1482-1512) Henry II "the Artist" of Brittania (House of Plantagenet-Lancaster) [7]

[5] The only child of Margaret II, Henry IV was nothing like his mother, being a weak and foolish ruler. He indulged himself and paid little to the affairs of state. Henry's reign witnessed the loss of nearly all English territories in France. Taking advantage of the weak condition of the English-Scottish monarch, the actual King of France, Charles VII "the Victorious", launched vigorous campaigns against the English possessions. English armies were defeated at Orleans and Agincourt, and by 1440, the English had lost all of their French possessions except Calais and the Channel Islands. Henry IV did little about this and refused to send troops against France. Instead, he recognized the losses, although continuing to claim the title "King of France". Henry was deposed by his own wife, Queen Jane of Lancaster, and her lover, Charles Mortimer, who would install Henry's eldest son, also named Henry, on the throne.
[6] The eldest son of Henry IV and Jane of Lancaster, Henry V came to the throne as the result of the deposition and murder of his father by his mother and her lover. 16 years old when he came to the throne, the first two years of his reign was dominated by Queen Jane and Charles Mortimer, who ruled as regents of England and Scotland in Henry's name. In 1447, Henry assumed complete authority, imprisoning his mother and executing Mortimer. It was during his reign that the British Isles were unified. Henry did not launch any campaigns to try to reclaim lost territories in France, instead focusing on the British Isles. He conquered the remainder of Ireland and dispossessed the remaining Irish chieftains. In 1470, he proclaimed himself Emperor of Brittania, establishing the Brittanian Empire, and unifying the British Isles into one state. He ordered a re-start of the regal numberings, disregarding the English and Scottish regal numberings. By this he became Henry I of Brittania. Henry spent the remainder of his reign consolidating this new state.
[7]
Henry II is often called the Artist Emperor, or the "King of the Renaissance", for his brilliance in most things, but especially art. There is many paintings of his remaining, and he is well esteemed by artists over all the world, as a major figure of the Renaissance. He was transgendered, and one painting is called The Real Me and it shows a woman. He finalized his brother's work in uniting Britain. He had no children and often advocated peace, similar to his ancestor Edward the Kind. He was suceeded by his nephew, Edward.

(1482-1512) Henry II "the Artist" of Brittania (House of Plantagenet-Lancaster) [7]
(1512-1553) Edward I "the Stern" of Brittania (House of Plantagenet-Lancaster) [8]

[7]
Henry II is often called the Artist Emperor, or the "King of the Renaissance", for his brilliance in most things, but especially art. There is many paintings of his remaining, and he is well esteemed by artists over all the world, as a major figure of the Renaissance. He was transgendered, and one painting is called The Real Me and it shows a woman. He finalized his brother's work in uniting Britain. He had no children and often advocated peace, similar to his ancestor Edward the Kind. He was succeeded by his nephew, Edward.
[8] The nephew of Henry II, Edward I was the complete opposite in personality. A very religious and pious figure, he advocated austerity and strictness, heavily opposing adultery, homosexuality, and other "aspects against the Lord". He went as far to issue decrees that prohibited these practices. In any case, Edward was more vigorous then his predecessor. He launched several invasions of France, but these were largely unsuccessful. When trying to divorce his first wife Catherine of Navarre in 1532, Edward asserted state control over the church, formally splitting from the Catholic Church, which had in any case formally placed Brittania under an interdict due to the sexuality of Edward's predecessor. Edward established the Church of Brittania and proclaimed himself Supreme Head. For the remainder of his reign, he had five other wives, but ended up with only three children: a son also named Edward, who died a year before his father, and two daughters, Mary and Elizabeth. Edward died from a jousting accident on June 4, 1553.

(1512-1553) Edward I "the Stern" of Brittania (House of Plantagenet-Lancaster) [8]
(1553-1558) Mary I "Bloody Mary" of Brittania (House of Plantagenet-Lancaster) [9]

[7]
Henry II is often called the Artist Emperor, or the "King of the Renaissance", for his brilliance in most things, but especially art. There is many paintings of his remaining, and he is well esteemed by artists over all the world, as a major figure of the Renaissance. He was transgendered, and one painting is called The Real Me and it shows a woman. He finalized his brother's work in uniting Britain. He had no children and often advocated peace, similar to his ancestor Edward the Kind. He was succeeded by his nephew, Edward.
[8] The nephew of Henry II, Edward I was the complete opposite in personality. A very religious and pious figure, he advocated austerity and strictness, heavily opposing adultery, homosexuality, and other "aspects against the Lord". He went as far to issue decrees that prohibited these practices. In any case, Edward was more vigorous then his predecessor. He launched several invasions of France, but these were largely unsuccessful. When trying to divorce his first wife Catherine of Navarre in 1532, Edward asserted state control over the church, formally splitting from the Catholic Church, which had in any case formally placed Brittania under an interdict due to the sexuality of Edward's predecessor. Edward established the Church of Brittania and proclaimed himself Supreme Head. For the remainder of his reign, he had five other wives, but ended up with only three children: a son also named Edward, who died a year before his father, and two daughters, Mary and Elizabeth. Edward died from a jousting accident on June 4, 1553.
[9] Mary I ascended to the throne upon the death of her father, Edward I, on June 4, 1553. Like her father, Mary was very intolerant of heretics, homosexuals, and other such groups. She restored Brittania to the Catholic Church, although this will be reversed by her eventual successor, Elizabeth. Mary I sponsored mass persecutions of Protestants and members of "heretic groups" (adulterers, homosexuals, prostitutes, etc). She gained her epithet by this. A cruel woman, Mary sponsored torture and imposed many harsh punishments. Brittania lost Calais to France in her reign, as well suffering harvest failures and plague. Mary died from cancer on November 17, 1558.

(1553-1558) Mary I "Bloody Mary" of Brittania (House of Plantagenet-Lancaster) [9]
(1558-1601) Elizabeth I "the Tolerant" of Brittania (House of Plantagenet-Lancaster [10]

[7]
[9] Mary I ascended to the throne upon the death of her father, Edward I, on June 4, 1553. Like her father, Mary was very intolerant of heretics, homosexuals, and other such groups. She restored Brittania to the Catholic Church, although this will be reversed by her eventual successor, Elizabeth. Mary I sponsored mass persecutions of Protestants and members of "heretic groups" (adulterers, homosexuals, prostitutes, etc). She gained her epithet by this. A cruel woman, Mary sponsored torture and imposed many harsh punishments. Brittania lost Calais to France in her reign, as well suffering harvest failures and plague. Mary died from cancer on November 17, 1558.
[10] Elizabeth was a tolerant and successful monarch: she implemented administrative and economic reforms, defeated the Spanish Armada and expelled Spain from Portugal, established Brittania's colonial empire, sponsored the arts and sciences, maintained internal stability, and became beloved by her people, due to her care and concern for them. However, she would never marry, meaning she would be succeeded by her closest surviving relative, George, an German Catholic.

Last edited:

Emperors of Brittania, "Kings of France", Dukes of Brunswick from 1601 (1470-???)

(1558-1601) Elizabeth I "the Tolerant" of Brittania (House of Plantagenet-Lancaster) [10]
(1601-1625) George I "the Pious" of Brittania (House of Hanover-Lancaster) [11]

[7]
[10] Elizabeth was a tolerant and successful monarch: she implemented administrative and economic reforms, defeated the Spanish Armada and expelled Spain from Portugal, established Brittania's colonial empire, sponsored the arts and sciences, maintained internal stability, and became beloved by her people, due to her care and concern for them. However, she would never marry, meaning she would be succeeded by her closest surviving relative, George, an German Catholic.
[11] George I, the Duke of Brunswick-Luneberg in the Holy Roman Empire, restored Brittania to the Catholic faith, reversing Elizabeth's Protestant reforms. Like Mary, however, he became an oppressive tyrant, murdering thousands of Protestants and attacking all heretical groups. Brittania's internal stability and strength declined, with plagues, famine, and crime hitting the country again. Eventually, in 1625, George was deposed from the throne by a group of noblemen, who wished to restore the Protestant faith and rescue Brittania from foreign rule.

Emperors of Brittania, "Kings of France", Dukes of Brunswick from 1601 (1470-???)

(1558-1601) Elizabeth I "the Tolerant" of Brittania (House of Plantagenet-Lancaster) [10]
(1625-1627) The Noble and Divinely Guided Council [12]

[7]
[11] George I, the Duke of Brunswick-Luneberg in the Holy Roman Empire, restored Brittania to the Catholic faith, reversing Elizabeth's Protestant reforms. Like Mary, however, he became an oppressive tyrant, murdering thousands of Protestants and attacking all heretical groups. Brittania's internal stability and strength declined, with plagues, famine, and crime hitting the country again. Eventually, in 1625, George was deposed from the throne by a group of noblemen, who wished to restore the Protestant faith and rescue Brittania from foreign rule.
[12] The Council ruled for 2 years, and was always fractured. In 1927, a civil war started between the Catholic South and Protestant North...

(1627-1660) The Brittanian Civil War [13]

[7]
[12] The Council ruled for 2 years, and was always fractured. In 1627, a civil war started between the Catholic South and Protestant North...
[13] This conflict became known as the Brittanian Civil War. Catholic and Protestant factions fought eachother in England, in Scotland, and in Ulster, Ireland. The Council's authority became restricted to London, as it became one of nearly twenty factions and groups engaging each other for control. The Protestant Commonwealth was able to gain control of northern England and most of Wales, also invading Ireland and launching raids against Council London, but was eventually defeated by the Brittanian Royalists of the north in 1639, who wished for the reestablishment of a Protestant monarchy, with unchallenged authority and autocratic powers over all of the British Isles. The Royalists steadily advanced: by 1643, they held most of Scotland, parts of York, and 85% of Wales; by 1645, they held all of Wales and Scotland; by 1653, they held most of Ulster and northern Ireland; and by the end of the decade, they had defeated the London Council and other factions of the south: the Southampton Puritans and the Rebels of the South-West. In 1660, after over 30 years of conflict, the Royalists, in control of all of the British Isles, proclaimed an end to the civil war and invited a energetic Protestant nobleman, Charles, to become the next Emperor of Brittania.

(1660-1682) Charles I "the Decent" of Brittania (House of Wilkinson)

[7]
[12] The Council ruled for 2 years, and was always fractured. In 1627, a civil war started between the Catholic South and Protestant North...
[13] This conflict became known as the Brittanian Civil War. Catholic and Protestant factions fought eachother in England, in Scotland, and in Ulster, Ireland. The Council's authority became restricted to London, as it became one of nearly twenty factions and groups engaging each other for control. The Protestant Commonwealth was able to gain control of northern England and most of Wales, also invading Ireland and launching raids against Council London, but was eventually defeated by the Brittanian Royalists of the north in 1639, who wished for the reestablishment of a Protestant monarchy, with unchallenged authority and autocratic powers over all of the British Isles. The Royalists steadily advanced: by 1643, they held most of Scotland, parts of York, and 85% of Wales; by 1645, they held all of Wales and Scotland; by 1653, they held most of Ulster and northern Ireland; and by the end of the decade, they had defeated the London Council and other factions of the south: the Southampton Puritans and the Rebels of the South-West. In 1660, after over 30 years of conflict, the Royalists, in control of all of the British Isles, proclaimed an end to the civil war and invited a energetic Protestant nobleman, Charles, to become the next Emperor of Brittania.

Emperors of Brittania, "Kings of France", Dukes of Brunswick 1601-1625 (1470-1660, civil war 1627-60)

Emperors of Brittania, "Kings of France" (1660-???)
(1660-1682) Charles I "the Decent" of Brittania (House of
Wilkinson)
(1682-1714) Mary II "the Great" of Brittania (House of
Wilkinson) [14]

[7]
[14] The eldest daughter of Charles I "the Decent", Mary II restored the prosperity and strength of Brittania after the devastating Brittanian Civil War. She practiced a policy of religious toleration, sponsored the growth of the British colonial empire in the Americas and in India, established alliances with Prussia, Austria, and the Netherlands, and maintained peace. Mary II sponsored the arts and sciences, establishing the Royal Society of Sciences in 1686. Mary II married William, a Dutch prince, and had two sons and four daughters by him. Her eldest child (a daughter, Anne), would eventually succeed her to the throne.

Last edited:

Emperors of Brittania, "Kings of France", Dukes of Brunswick 1601-1625 (1470-1660, civil war 1627-60)

Emperors of Brittania, "Kings of France" (1660-1714)

(1660-1682) Charles I "the Decent" of Brittania (House of Wilkinson)
(1682-1714) Mary II "the Great" of Brittania (House of Wilkinson) [14]

Emperors of Brittania, "Kings of France", Dukes of Holland (1714-???)

(1714-1725) Anne I "the Glorious" of Brittania and Holland (House of van Holland) [15]

[7]
[14] The eldest daughter of Charles I "the Decent", Mary II restored the prosperity and strength of Brittania after the devastating Brittanian Civil War. She practiced a policy of religious toleration, sponsored the growth of the British colonial empire in the Americas and in India, established alliances with Prussia, Austria, and the Netherlands, and maintained peace. Mary II sponsored the arts and sciences, establishing the Royal Society of Sciences in 1686. Mary II married William, a Dutch prince, and had two sons and four daughters by him. Her eldest child (a daughter, Anne), would eventually succeed her to the throne.
[15] Anne spoke English and Dutch as her mother tongues, and blended the best of both, setting an example for people to follow. Always slim and fashionable, she was the "epitome of the Enlightement" for being intelligent, witty, philosophical and calm. In her reign the Great Rebellion happened in America, but it was quashed by Augustine Washington, her Prime Minister, top General and (allegedly) lover.