Map Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
The world sequel to this set of maps. I think I did pretty good, though the western Chinese border and some central African borders might be a little off. Also, now comes with Europe

North America & Asia
https://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=1449174&postcount=2806

South America
https://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=1449732&postcount=2816

Africa
https://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=1451787&postcount=2850

actually, this is pretty awesome. the color combinations are nice. and the effects... wow. but where'd Antarctica go?

i just realized... that was the first argument i ever made on this board...

All hail Map Thread IV, daughter of Map Thread III of the Threadirid Dinasty

From my old map of Norman Lusitania, here it goes the expansion of the Kingdom up to 1350. I'm finishing the next one for the total norman dinasties in Europe and will post sooner than you think ;)

BTW, yes, the cities are in some kind of Portuguese/Castillian hybrid monster, Aragonese in Catalonian, and Navarrese in... wait, in what language did I make those Navarese towns? :confused:

Wonderful

Random 1200 Map with some wankage.

waaaah!

Here's a work in progress map of a Steampunk (vaguely) Empire-Wank world in about 1898. I'm gonna add some labels after I've sorted out China, as I don't particularly like how it turned out, and the colour I used for neutrals is a bit too close to the USA.

EXPMap.png

I've also got the effect-free UCS version if anyone's interested

My prediction of the 2008 Elections:

2drf4zk.png

Republican: McCain/Huckabee
Democrat: Obama/Biden

I live in New Orleans, and trust me, this state is now deepest red. You can thank Katrina for that. A part from Lakeview, the areas most affected by the storm were heavily Democratic leaning, and some of those areas are now only 25-30% repopulated...

Almost as if someone planned this out... Conspriracy theories welcome :D

Alternate WWII Map.

Allies: USA, France (crubmled), Britain, Italy, Sweden, and Turkey
Axis: Germany, USSR, and Japan. (Also Mongolia, which is influenced by the USSR)

sq2o8o.png

actually, this is pretty awesome. the color combinations are nice. and the effects... wow. but where'd Antarctica go?

i just realized... that was the first argument i ever made on this board...

Thanks. :)

Antarctica wasn't in the base map so it wasn't included.

I live in New Orleans, and trust me, this state is now deepest red. You can thank Katrina for that. A part from Lakeview, the areas most affected by the storm were heavily Democratic leaning, and some of those areas are now only 25-30% repopulated...

Almost as if someone planned this out... Conspriracy theories welcome :D

Hurricane Katrina = Hurricane KKK?

Now that is one of the most creative maps/timelines I've heard of in a long time! :cool:

Awesome idea! Do the danish invasions of Pridaen still occur in this timeline?

Thank you :)! The details are a bit fuzzy at the moment. The area labelled Dhainvro is certainly ex-Danish territory (and before that was English), they didn't penetrate much beyond the coast elsewhere. The Danes hurt the English as much as they did the Prideenuyr (Britons), and if anything helped turn the tide of the overall Anglo-Prideeneg struggle in favour of the latter.

Here's another AHF-style fantasy map (though I suppose it's Roberto-style now).

Cookie for whoever can figure out where it's based without peeking at the file name.

Kyushu Fantasy Map.png

Yes, which is strange as I don't often like maps with so much water in them, good job!

Thankee! Btw, I actually have a bit of a backstory for this one, so if you're interested, go ahead and ask about a certian nation or concept in the map and I'll give you a detailed(ish) explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.