Map Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
U.S. Presidential Election, 2004.

With McCain serving 2 terms already, The Conservative Democrats have a wide and fresh range of new choices to run in 2004. George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Elizabeth Dole, Alan Keyes, and Vice President Donald Rumsfeld all run. Rumsfeld wins the nomination, being the only ones to wins states other than Bush and Elizabeth Dole. Rumsfeld picks Bush as his Running Mate. (Bush is much different than his OTL form, due to neither him or his father ever being President, he also was raised in Connecticut in this TL.)

The Liberal Republicans have only 4 people running for the nomination: Howard Dean, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and Bill Clinton. Howard Dean only won because the won Iowa, New Hampshire, California, Texas, and other big states in the Republican Primaries. Dean picks Clinton to be his Running Mate. Clinton's Wife, Hillary, has divorced him recently due to her desires of becoming Conservative again and the fact Bill has cheated on her one too many times. People hear this and it hinders Dean slightly.

Election time rolls along. Dean wins against Rumsfeld by gaining the Big States. Dean takes office in Early 2005 with suspicion about his VP, Bill Clinton. Rumors also have it that Clinton is still messing around, and may have gotten a disease. (It's always been kinda funny if Clinton ever had or has an STD.)

2004, Dean-Bradley defeats Rumsfeld-Bush Jr..PNG

Susano

Banned
Wait... Svalbard belongs to what nation? And how did Denmark get such 'extensive' colonies?

:D for German-satellite Patagonia.

Well, what nation do you think owns it in my map, eh? :D
And German colony... yeah, just saw myself, miscoloured. Monroe Doctrine has holes the size of, well, Patagonia in it. But then Germany is a close US ally, after some, ah, US clashes with Britain. British presence in the Americas is seen as far worse, but Britain is strong enough to maintain it.

As for the Danish colonies, well, why not, IOTL they had the Gold Coast, after all, and added to that Mauretania, which is mostly desert anyways... and Iceland and Greenland were of course also Danish IOTL ;)

Susano

Banned
Original. How'd that happen?

Oh, I havent detailed it out, but the Scramble for Africa of coruse goes totally different, as does colonisation elsewhere. Part of that is due to France ceding the Senegal to Germany in the Aftermath of the Franco-German Wa,r which ITTL is about Luxemburg (Luxemburg Crisis 1867), so Luxemburg is also part of Germany. In the Americas, the USA goes to a short but successful war with Britain and Mexico (where the French manage to stay a bit longer) in the aftermath of the Civil War, where Britain and France gave minor (and as it turned out insufficient) support to the Confederacy. Thus starts a US-British rivalry. Part of it is America standing against the Colonial Powers in China, eventually supported by an opportunistic Germany. In the end, China loses major territorie,s but most Unequal Treaties are abolished, while America turns a blind eye as Germany goes for Patagonia.

"Grass-Hertogien" in French? I think not, my friend. That would be "le Grand Duché..."

Yeah, well, which means that this probably isnt French, but (I assume) Dutch of Flandrish. Probably in the map all territroy names are written in the language of the territory.

Susano

Banned
Mwahahaha... My evil scheme of using light grey to indicate German/Prussian sattlelites is catching on...
:D
Just that this was, as said, a miscolouring :p
Im a Susanoist... well, eh, obviously, if its named after me :D . Vasalls are marked by outlining, as Ive done on the map, too.

British East Turkestan?!:eek:
Jepp, British India now also includes Tibet and Sinkiang. See it as compensation for British Columbia :p

I expected better of you, now begone from my sight.
Awww... is it the little Ameriwank I included?

As for the Danish colonies, well, why not, IOTL they had the Gold Coast, after all, and added to that Mauretania, which is mostly desert anyways... and Iceland and Greenland were of course also Danish IOTL ;)

That's exactly the point I was gonna make.....EXACTLY....dagnabit..you stole my thunder

Oh..and another thing...the dashed lines throughout the Caribbean....just evidence of the high-handed US government's support for the Banana companies and what not????

I also like the 54-40 Oregon border....

Susano

Banned
"German Kalat? Danish Mauretania?! Austro-Hungarian Ethiopia?!!"

Some of the borders are interesting.

German Baluchistan, not only Kalat - even including Persian and Afghanian territory. And Austrian-Hungarian Guayana, Timor, Mauretania, Tsingtao and Congo :D And yeah, well, as Im a firm believer in the butterfly effect, borders will be different.

Oh..and another thing...the dashed lines throughout the Caribbean....just evidence of the high-handed US government's support for the Banana companies and what not????
Yeah, its the maritime variant of outlining - which means the outlined states are satellites/vasalls of the states of the outline colour. Or in the case of Persia, influence zones set by treaty.

Just that this was, as said, a miscolouring :p
Im a Susanoist... well, eh, obviously, if its named after me :D . Vasalls are marked by outlining, as Ive done on the map, too.

Jepp, British India now also includes Tibet and Sinkiang. See it as compensation for British Columbia :p

Awww... is it the little Ameriwank I included?
No, you succumbed to the dark pleasure... of coloring sattlelites with lighter shades of the master country!
MWAHHAHAHA!
Join the Light Shade side, Susano!

Susano

Banned
No, you succumbed to the dark pleasure... of coloring sattlelites with lighter shades of the master country!
MWAHHAHAHA!
Join the Light Shade side, Susano!

Dangit, yet another, a third map scheme? Communistwizardism sounds pretty silly, though if I may say so :p

Of course we could call it the Communist Map Scheme. Or the "Materialist Dialectic Map Scheme of Comrade Wizard" :D

Thande

Donor
Dangit, yet another, a third map scheme? Communistwizardism sounds pretty silly, though if I may say so :p

Of course we could call it the Communist Map Scheme. Or the "Materialist Dialectic Map Scheme of Comrade Wizard" :D

"In his speech today, the Supreme Leader denounced the corrupt distortions of the proponents of UCSite-Susanoism and their running dog lackeys..."

What's the first and second map styles?
How about... CWism. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.