The death of Henry VIII, Catherine of Aragon, and Anne Boleyn because of Sickness outbreak of June 1528? What kind of butterflies could that have?

The death of Henry VIII, Catherine of Aragon, and Anne Boleyn because of Sweating Sickness outbreak of June 1528? What kind of butterflies could that have

The death of Henry VIII, Catherine of Aragon, and Anne Boleyn because of Sweating Sickness outbreak of June 1528? What kind of butterflies could that have
Mary Tudor becomes queen of England without any resistance..... except some might vouch for Fitzroy. The question is who is the bridegroom for Mary who's probably 12

Mary Tudor becomes queen of England without any resistance..... except some might vouch for Fitzroy. The question is who is the bridegroom for Mary who's probably 12

Candidates

James V, King of Scotland (son of Margaret of England (heiress of Mary)). Cousin

Louis de Bega (son-in-law of the Emperor and brother of the King of Portugal). Cousin

There are definitely English candidates

Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey

Henry Brandon (six years younger). Cousin

There are a large number of candidates

Earl of Derby

Son of Ursula Ball and Stafford

I recommend the foreign candidate to avoid internal quarrels.

My favorite is Louis, Duke of Bega and James V (her marriage to James would be similar to the marriage of Ferdinand and Isabella, which would probably appeal to Mary a lot ).

English marriage will increase internal conflict

And there is the black horse (John (son of Isabella of Austria and Christian II) and Charles V's favorite Nephew ).

Last edited:
James V, King of Scotland (son of Margaret of England (heiress of Mary)). Cousin
James V is definitely a good choice.....he is also the next in line to the English throne (after his mother)

Louis is too old but is a good choice for the young queen who would probably need a guiding hand through the early part of her reign....and the fact that he is a younger son also makes things better.... Although I am a bit interested in how things would play out if Portugal goes down OTL

English candidates will most probably increase tension as u mentioned.... I recommend James as he is in line to the throne, has an English mother and is the king of a neighbouring country

James V is definitely a good choice.....he is also the next in line to the English throne (after his mother)

English candidates will most probably increase tension as u mentioned.... I recommend James as he is in line to the throne, has an English mother and is the king of a neighbouring country
Candidates

James is not going to marry Mary. IOTL James V loathed the English due to his mother being... ahem... meddlesome in his affairs. Also, England would risk being swallowed by Scotland.

James is not going to marry Mary. IOTL James V loathed the English due to his mother being... ahem... meddlesome in his affairs. Also, England would risk being swallowed by Scotland.
It is an ideal filter on paper ( (And not reality).

My favorite is Louis, Duke of Beja ( I prefer the marriage of Mary and Louis' son to James' only daughter and heiress.).

My favorite is Louis, Duke of Beja ( I prefer the marriage of Mary and Louis' son to James' only daughter and heiress.).
Maybe second son.....the Scottish wouldn't want their kingdom to be a part of England so they might prefer a second son....twist is that the first son dies so spare is now the heir and suddenly u have great Britain and Ireland

Here's a sample:
Mary I of England m. Louis, Duke of Beja

1. Daughter

2. Henry, Prince of Wales (dies at age 20 without children)

3. Daughter
4. Daughter

5. Edward VI of England, II of Portugal m. Mary I of Scotland
a. Edward VII of England and Scotland​
b. Manuel II of Portugal​

6. John, Archbishop of Canterbury

James is not going to marry Mary. IOTL James V loathed the English due to his mother being... ahem... meddlesome in his affairs.
James did not loathe the English. It would've made things very difficult for him when- until Edward VI's birth- he (and his mother) regarded himself as Henry's natural heir male.
Also, England would risk being swallowed by Scotland.
this is a joke right? The bigger, richer and more populous kingdom being swallowed by the smaller, poorer and weaker one? Even Henry VII knew this and essentially wrote that "Scotland will become English just as the Normans did, rather than England will become Scottish".

James did not loathe the English. It would've made things very difficult for him when- until Edward VI's birth- he (and his mother) regarded himself as Henry's natural heir male.
Actually, he did. He found his mother’s interference (and leaking of Scottish secrets in the 1520s -1530s) to be increasingly annoying, hence why he refused to grant her divorce from Methven. He was sick of her and the English. Margaret assumed - or, perhaps, naively believed - he’d been bribed against her.

Now, if Mary Tudor, her parents, Henry Fitzroy and Anne Boleyn died of sweating sickness in 1528, what would happen?
One word, chaos....there can be 2 possible factions, the Marian faction which will want the heirs of Mary Tudor the Elder to reign over England as they are English and the Scottish Faction that would go with the obvious choice that is James.

James V of Scotland would become also King of England. Henry Brandon, imho, has zero chances to get the Crown
James is still a foreigner although I guess the faction problem will be resolved if he marries one of his cousins, probably Frances Brandon

James is still a foreigner although I guess the faction problem will be resolved if he marries one of his cousins, probably Frances Brandon
No need of such marriage. James is the senior heir and the foreigner part is not necessarily applied to him (Scotland was still part of the same island and their status as foreigners or not was never fully established)

No need of such marriage. James is the senior heir and the foreigner part is not necessarily applied to him (Scotland was still part of the same island and their status as foreigners or not was never fully established)
Then I guess all that's left for James ro do is remove competition and have healthy heirs (sons, probably).... Wouldn't blame him if he goes Henry VIII OTL mode