What if Arthur Tudor survived his illness and succeeded his father as king, while his brother Henry of York would marry as his second wife Anne Boleyn, Dowager Countess of Northumberland and Dowager Countess of Ormond? And if the Tudors had the luck of the Habsburgs and eventually ended up ruling half of Europe, infusing their blood into the Valois and Habsburg dynasties and even having their bloodline in the Ottoman dynasty?

Last edited:
Right. I'm probably going to need to do something like "queen regnant of England marries younger son of French king and he takes her name but then their oldest son succeeds both"
why the hell would he take her name? Wasn't like Felipe II threw away Habsburg to become "Tudor". In terms of age, you have the Plantagenets (which have been ruling longer than the Capetians, if not in England), then you have the Capetians, then the "new money" like Wittelsbach, Habsburg, Oldenburgs and Hohenzollern. And then you have the frigging Tudors, a man would be insane to even hyphenate his name.

Right. I'm probably going to need to do something like "queen regnant of England marries younger son of French king and he takes her name but then their oldest son succeeds both"
In OTL, the Leaguers considered to derogate from Salic Law in order to prevent the rise of a Protestant king of France.
You can do something like that and have a younger Tudor branch (Henry's line with Marguerite d'Angoulême, I guess) taking the place of the Guises. Of course, you would need this younger Tudor branch to have established in France since at least one or two generations, like the Guises in OTL.

In terms of age, you have the Plantagenets (which have been ruling longer than the Capetians, if not in England)
What?
The Capetians became kings in 987 (even before if you count Odo I and Robert I), reigned in France for more than 800 years and still reign in Spain and Luxembourg today.
How did you come to the conclusion that the Plantagenets have been ruling longer than them ?

Last edited:
The Capetians became kings in 987 (even before if you count Odo I and Robert I), reigned in France for more than 800 years and still reign in Spain and Luxembourg today.
How did you come to the conclusion that the Plantagenets have been ruling longer than them ?

My bad. Although the idea that the Capets/Plantagenets are both descended from two brothers of the Rorgonide Dynasty would certainly be cool if it were true. Would explain why they had such a love-hate relationship