What if the end of WWI was along ethnic lines

Pretty simple idea. What if the treaty pf Versailles, Trianon and America-Austria treaties respected ethnic borders (to a degree)
upload_2019-7-27_1-37-3.png

this is some WIP map i done in an hour or so, tried to be as realistic as possible

before i go further, any nitpics before i continue?

I feel like this treaty while true is going to piss the italians hella off as they aren’t even getting otl gains so I expect a very angry italy unless france and britain are willing to cough up the colonies

I feel like this treaty while true is going to piss the italians hella off as they aren’t even getting otl gains so I expect a very angry italy unless france and britain are willing to cough up the colonies
can't please everyone

what if we had a italian hitler haha Oh.
oh
o h

Who decides who is in which 'eth' is it decided by language, politcs, religion, hair color ? And do people get moved or killed to consolidate areas into coherent states? Italy and Spain need to be split up by dialects as does every other country on the planet. Will a left handed, blond, Jewish basque get his own country, or only if he lisps?

Who decides who is in which 'eth' is it decided by language, politcs, religion, hair color ? And do people get moved or killed to consolidate areas into coherent states? Italy and Spain need to be split up by dialects as does every other country on the planet. Will a left handed, blond, Jewish basque get his own country, or only if he lisps?
Yeah i would say that is the problem

i'd say if the majority of the people identify as X, than they are X - only in nationality though, and this was before migration really took off

so if a village on the border of poland and germany said they were german, well, they are german

can't please everyone

what if we had a italian hitler haha Oh.
oh
o h
We can’t please everyone is fair enough but assuming it gets leaked like otl or even in general they wont just feel betrayed they might turn to completely despising them. So oh indeed because this would be like Germany on steroids but there will be no scapegoating jews it will be the french

We can’t please everyone is fair enough but assuming it gets leaked like otl or even in general they wont just feel betrayed they might turn to completely despising them. So oh indeed because this would be like Germany on steroids but there will be no scapegoating jews it will be the french
i mean i didn't hear a lot of TL where pissed off Italians started WW2 by hating the french, so even if unrealistic, it would be a fun TL

I think this is the trouble when you draw with ethnic lines you basically have to throw real poltick out the window so you tell italy when you bring them onside that ethinic lines will be the border then they are not going to join because that is pretty much blankly saying we won’t give u shit. Or lie in which italian hitler fun times and a very sad germany

i mean i didn't hear a lot of TL where pissed off Italians started WW2 by hating the french, so even if unrealistic, it would be a fun TL
Very true it would be a fun time hell maybe italy actually gets itself into gear. also unlikely but if this is the case where the suggested borders are what they are they are going to filp because to my eye Germany doesn’t seem to lose much and they get nothing it would be logical to assume that they will form significant animosity to the entente

The italians were dissapointed in their land gains in WWI. The POD could be that America's 14 points were taken somewhat seriously for the time being and the goal was to maximize peace. we never said anything about how efficient of a solution it was