What if the Kliq had went to WCW/a what if theory.

Ey up how are you, I been playing wwe 2k22 with a altenate history version which saw WCW still around which gone me thinking about how WCW could survive, while thinking about it I had a theory but first let me explain/give context the question first.

Question - the Kliq was a backstage (political make no mistake) group which considered of Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Shawn Michaels, Triple H and X Pac with a honorary member being Justin Credible (I believe that he was through I could misheard), in terms of influential they mixed while being popular with the fanbased they had a hand over the booking, as in who's goes over and who doesn't, in 1996 Nash and Hall would leave the than WWF to WCW to create the NWO, while WCW was thieving the WWF saw a downturn in popularity which had a heavy impact on the than champion Shawn Michaels, I apologise for the backstory but I believe it's important for the context.

Watching the video (which is good shout out to wrestling bios) in 1997 Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart had a 'fight' backstage at Raw (the show which WWF had), after the 'fight' Michaels went to Vince McMahon and said he was quitting and going to WCW, this would create a domino effect in terms of the wrestling business in terms of both historical and cultural change, one effect if Michaels did leave in June it's that the Montreal Screwjob doesn't happen (plus wrestling YouTube wouldn't have anything to talk about) and the career of Triple H who is now head Booker of the WWE would be different, if Michaels went to WCW in 1997 I'll say it's a pretty good chance that Triple H would join in 1999 when his contract is up.

If Michaels goes to WCW there's a lot of unknowns about this situation from Michaels being a politician to Michaels drug problem, but I wonder if Michaels bad habit would clear up earlier since his wife was a former Nitro girl just something to wonder about, anyway back to the point Michaels is in WCW and the Kliq is in control what's happens?, me personally I can't think that it couldn't be worse than what Hogan was doing/did, I like to think that the difference between the Kliq and Hogan would lead to a better WCW and hopefully the NWO storyline would end earlier than dragging on to the point of oblivion, plus in the WWF we get Stone Cold vs Bret Hart with Austin winning again Hart at Maina, what do you think of the Kliq running WCW would it be beneficial or would WCW gone out earlier than they did?.

My Theory - as I was writing this a horrible realise came to me, if Triple H did join WCW in 1999 would WCW be NXT if its survival to the modern day, I mean just in 1999 WCW had Dusty Rhodes, William Regal, Shawn Michaels (in this situation) and Kevin Nash booking for the company which would have been a effort to Triple H, I say this is a theory for the fact that we don't really know what would happen to the company,plus I was mind blown thinking about the possibility that the company had if they survive, on the side note wouldn't it be funny if Huter still married Stephanie and was the head of the booking for WCW, imagine the family meeting.its a dumb theory I had.

Had Shawn jumped ship in ‘97 what I believe happens is either the final nail is driven into the WWF’s coffin, or in a more long winded manner, Michaels debuts at the Great American Bash, mere days after securing his release from Vince McMahon after the backstage altercation with Bret Hart.

In the aftermath of Randy Savage’s victory over Diamond Dallas Page, the former and Scott Hall start to beat down their beaten opponent until HBK makes a surprise run in and saves the day, chasing off the nWo mates. A month later at Bash at the Beach, Michaels teams up with DDP and defeats Savage and Hall in a tag match, Michaels scoring the pin on the macho man.

Hogan and Nash try to convince Michaels to join the nWo prior to Nitro’s 100th episode main event where Lex Luger is challenging for the world title. Michaels appears to have sided with the black and white but in the finale of the match super kicks Hogan, allowing Luger to lock in the torture rack and win.

Nash behind the scenes convinces Hogan to job to Michaels at Starrcade, while Sting ends his hiatus earlier to enter a program with Savage. Michaels has a long run with the belt until dropping it to…. Kevin Nash at Starrcade. Having already buried Sting, Eddie, Dean, Ultimo, Goldberg and worn out his welcome he takes s hiatus. By then the WWF is already in shambles.

For the WWF the changes are Bret likely remains until his final days with the company. Owen likely survives as his brother will put a stop to any ridiculous gimmick creative tries to saddle him with. Bret still wins the title at SummerSlam and holds it until dropping it to Steve Austin at WrestleMania XIV where he will enter a feud with Owen after. Bret meanwhile moves down the card, having the occasional dalliance with the world title and secondary belts matching up against Mankind, Triple H, The Rock, Chris Jericho and Kurt Angle.

No Montreal Screwjob means no maniacal Vince McMahon character, which leads to Austin’s biggest foil being perhaps the Hart Foundation, the Nation of Domination and HHH. Only his heel run in ‘99/‘00 doesn’t involve Stephenie McMahon. So DX likely in some shape way or form still exists, only it would be called and defined by something else.

The Rock doesn’t win the title at Surviver Series in a recreation of the screwjob, instead he and his NOD henchmen beat up Mankind when the ref isn’t looking. Austin defeated the Hart Foundation at ‘Mania XIV, he now does the same to the NOD at ‘Mania XV.

Bret would eventually turn baby face again and feud with Undertaker’s ministry of evil faction involving Kane and Paul Bearer. At ‘Mania XV Bret has ‘Taker dead to rights only for Big Boss Man to intervene and body slam him. Now defeated Bret “hangs” BBM in a “classic” baby face move.

By the time WrestleMania XVI rolls around Hogan is back in NY and wins the title over Triple H in the main event.

TL;DR: Everyone’s lives are different and WCW still exists today. WWF is more interesting in how the cards are put together, but they never quite catch fire like in OTL.

Had Shawn jumped ship in ‘97 what I believe happens is either the final nail is driven into the WWF’s coffin, or in a more long winded manner, Michaels debuts at the Great American Bash, mere days after securing his release from Vince McMahon after the backstage altercation with Bret Hart.

In the aftermath of Randy Savage’s victory over Diamond Dallas Page, the former and Scott Hall start to beat down their beaten opponent until HBK makes a surprise run in and saves the day, chasing off the nWo mates. A month later at Bash at the Beach, Michaels teams up with DDP and defeats Savage and Hall in a tag match, Michaels scoring the pin on the macho man.

Hogan and Nash try to convince Michaels to join the nWo prior to Nitro’s 100th episode main event where Lex Luger is challenging for the world title. Michaels appears to have sided with the black and white but in the finale of the match super kicks Hogan, allowing Luger to lock in the torture rack and win.

Nash behind the scenes convinces Hogan to job to Michaels at Starrcade, while Sting ends his hiatus earlier to enter a program with Savage. Michaels has a long run with the belt until dropping it to…. Kevin Nash at Starrcade. Having already buried Sting, Eddie, Dean, Ultimo, Goldberg and worn out his welcome he takes s hiatus. By then the WWF is already in shambles.

For the WWF the changes are Bret likely remains until his final days with the company. Owen likely survives as his brother will put a stop to any ridiculous gimmick creative tries to saddle him with. Bret still wins the title at SummerSlam and holds it until dropping it to Steve Austin at WrestleMania XIV where he will enter a feud with Owen after. Bret meanwhile moves down the card, having the occasional dalliance with the world title and secondary belts matching up against Mankind, Triple H, The Rock, Chris Jericho and Kurt Angle.

No Montreal Screwjob means no maniacal Vince McMahon character, which leads to Austin’s biggest foil being perhaps the Hart Foundation, the Nation of Domination and HHH. Only his heel run in ‘99/‘00 doesn’t involve Stephenie McMahon. So DX likely in some shape way or form still exists, only it would be called and defined by something else.

The Rock doesn’t win the title at Surviver Series in a recreation of the screwjob, instead he and his NOD henchmen beat up Mankind when the ref isn’t looking. Austin defeated the Hart Foundation at ‘Mania XIV, he now does the same to the NOD at ‘Mania XV.

Bret would eventually turn baby face again and feud with Undertaker’s ministry of evil faction involving Kane and Paul Bearer. At ‘Mania XV Bret has ‘Taker dead to rights only for Big Boss Man to intervene and body slam him. Now defeated Bret “hangs” BBM in a “classic” baby face move.

By the time WrestleMania XVI rolls around Hogan is back in NY and wins the title over Triple H in the main event.

TL;DR: Everyone’s lives are different and WCW still exists today. WWF is more interesting in how the cards are put together, but they never quite catch fire like in OTL.
Thanks I never expected a response, why do you think that's the WWF would do worst if Michaels left the company?

Thanks I never expected a response, why do you think that's the WWF would do worst if Michaels left the company?
WWF was in a fairly unique position in the late 90s.

When Brett Hart left they accidentally creates the most hated heal in the industry and it wasn't even a wrestler.

All you needed to do was look sideways at McMahon and suddenly you went from a mid card face that sold a 1000 dollars a night in merchandise to a main event face selling 100,000 in merchandise.

Mr McMahon elevated so many characters by his mere existence.

That happened because of the screwjob. Its nothing about Michaels going to WCW its all about the screwjob not happening and the WWF being weakened.

WWF was in a fairly unique position in the late 90s.

When Brett Hart left they accidentally creates the most hated heal in the industry and it wasn't even a wrestler.

All you needed to do was look sideways at McMahon and suddenly you went from a mid card face that sold a 1000 dollars a night in merchandise to a main event face selling 100,000 in merchandise.

Mr McMahon elevated so many characters by his mere existence.

That happened because of the screwjob. Its nothing about Michaels going to WCW its all about the screwjob not happening and the WWF being weakened.
I disagree that the McMahon character wouldn't happen if Mcihaels jumped ship, while yes the Screwjob did evolved the character into a worldly being (a draw) but I think there's some misconceptions about the effectiveness of the impact the Screwjob had on the McMahon character, even before the Screwjob there's were some hints of Vince becoming a character, maybe I don't think that the Screwjob was that important in retrospective of the charges that were happening within the WWF.

I disagree that the McMahon character wouldn't happen if Mcihaels jumped ship, while yes the Screwjob did evolved the character into a worldly being (a draw) but I think there's some misconceptions about the effectiveness of the impact the Screwjob had on the McMahon character, even before the Screwjob there's were some hints of Vince becoming a character, maybe I don't think that the Screwjob was that important in retrospective of the charges that were happening within the WWF.
McMahon could become a character anytime he wanted to.

He could even become a relatively useful heel authority figure.

He couldn't make the character become the most hated man in wrestling history. After the screwjob Vince became the #1 heel in the industry. That was an accident that wwf was delighted to take advantage of but it wouldn't happen organically without that.

With natural heel heat McMahon wouldn't have elevated the faces of the next 5 years in anyway close to what happened.

If Michaels jumps to WCW, it's quite likely his demons get the worst of him. There's a good chance he overdoses considering what the backstage is like and he'll be with Hall and others. Doubt he'll get far with all the politics involved, without McMahon to back him, there's a good chance he gets the taste slapped out of his mouth by Steiner or someone else.

I'm short, it would have gone badly for Michaels on a personal level.

If Michaels jumps to WCW, it's quite likely his demons get the worst of him. There's a good chance he overdoses considering what the backstage is like and he'll be with Hall and others. Doubt he'll get far with all the politics involved, without McMahon to back him, there's a good chance he gets the taste slapped out of his mouth by Steiner or someone else.

I'm short, it would have gone badly for Michaels on a personal level.
Yeah true but wouldn't there be help for him, Scott Hall was taken off television due to his problems couldn't Michaels do the same?

Yeah true but wouldn't there be help for him, Scott Hall was taken off television due to his problems couldn't Michaels do the same?

Possibly, but with Michaels and Hall in the same place with WCW as it was, also a chance that they feed into each other. It took Hall over a decade and DDP stepping in to finally help him with his issues. Without the forced break he got, something similar could well happen with Michaels, if not worse.

Possibly, but with Michaels and Hall in the same place with WCW as it was, also a chance that they feed into each other. It took Hall over a decade and DDP stepping in to finally help him with his issues. Without the forced break he got, something similar could well happen with Michaels, if not worse.
Fair enough, I got question and please correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't Michaels problems due to his failure to carry the company when he was world champion? In his mind.

Fair enough, I got question and please correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't Michaels problems due to his failure to carry the company when he was world champion? In his mind.

Nah, he was just a twat.

Got a question about whether Triple H would jumped to WCW aswell if Michales did? I very much doubt that he would stay since he's the last of the Kliq and there's wouldn't be able to get a push since DX never forms, what do you think?

Austin stunned Vince on RAW on September 22, two months before the screwjob. so the McMahon/Austin feud would still be a thing along with the Mr. McMahon character.
Never understood why people think Montreal was the sole reason of the McMahon character and feud with Austin, it was going to happen with or without a screwjob.

Austin stunned Vince on RAW on September 22, two months before the screwjob. so the McMahon/Austin feud would still be a thing along with the Mr. McMahon character.
Never understood why people think Montreal was the sole reason of the McMahon character and feud with Austin, it was going to happen with or without a screwjob.
It's one of the big moments that lead the wwf down the path of the attitude era. And the austin-mcmahon feud was the backbone for the attitude era.

Thanks brother.

Michaels doesn't injure his back in the 1998 Royal Rumble. OTL, after WMXIV he would take a hiatus from in ring competition for nearly 4 years. This meant that he cleaned up his personal life by kicking his drug habit and greatly improving his attitude (by missing the Attitude era ironically). Mick Foley says that the difference between pre and post layoff Shawn was so much, it was hard to believe it was the same person.
ITTL, when he stays with the frankly destructive influences of Hall and Nash and continues with the 1990 era standard of taking painkillers and wrestling 300 nights a week, he is very likely to end up dead by 2010.

Both Owen and Davey will likely still be alive. Bret would make sure that Owen doesn't do the flying enterance stunt that killed him and he has enough influence on Davey Boy that he can get him to deal with his demons that he lives.
Plus Bret's first marriage survives.

Who is the villian in the Mummy Returns?

It's one of the big moments that lead the wwf down the path of the attitude era. And the austin-mcmahon feud was the backbone for the attitude era.
Chiefly since the Bret-McMahon fued, which has been ongoing since the night after the Royal Rumble 1997 was off. Bret and MacMahon would be pretty iconic.

I feel WWF does worse because McMahon the character was the perfect antagonist for the Attitude Era. While Steve Austin and The Rock would still be fantastic draws there is without a doubt something missing from the sauce.

Bec
Because after Montreal Vince cut a baby face promo on Bret believing he was the aggrieved one in the whole fiasco. With all due respect, Vince didn’t initially want to leave the announce table.