What if the Umayyads didn't escape to Spain?

During the collapse of the Umayyad Caliphate, Abd al-Rahman I escaped to Spain and the Umayyad dynasty ruled over the Islamic Iberia until the 11th century. What if he wasn't able to escape? Would the Abbasids be able to take Spain? Would a local noble or general take over? Would a North African dynasty take over? Would Islamic Spain fracture as it did in the 11th century OTL? Could Shi'ite or Kharijite Islam become dominant in the region?

I think the abassids would falter. Otl if they had the means to reclaim hispania they would've, no? So I think Spain would wind up in the reconquista phase far far earlier than otl

During the collapse of the Umayyad Caliphate, Abd al-Rahman I escaped to Spain and the Umayyad dynasty ruled over the Islamic Iberia until the 11th century. What if he wasn't able to escape? Would the Abbasids be able to take Spain? Would a local noble or general take over? Would a North African dynasty take over? Would Islamic Spain fracture as it did in the 11th century OTL? Could Shi'ite or Kharijite Islam become dominant in the region?
I think the abassids would falter. Otl if they had the means to reclaim hispania they would've, no? So I think Spain would wind up in the reconquista phase far far earlier than otl
If anything the Abbasid might cut with some local Muslim to become Wali and hold as a border Land

It looks like this guy is the most likely ruler of non-Umayyad Islamic Spain: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yusuf_ibn_Abd_al-Rahman_al-Fihri
So a non-Umayyad ruler would be weaker I assume?
If anything the Abbasid might cut with some local Muslim to become Wali and hold as a border Land
That seems like a possibility.

That seems like a possibility.
It will be, if Anything with due Respect the Ummayds, they going solo in Al-Andalus did separated them from all the reforms the Abbasid were pushing, so we could see a massively Different Al-Andalus here, one more integrated with the rest of caliphate and one is a massive butterfly itself

It will be, if Anything with due Respect the Ummayds, they going solo in Al-Andalus did separated them from all the reforms the Abbasid were pushing, so we could see a massively Different Al-Andalus here, one more integrated with the rest of caliphate and one is a massive butterfly itself
Would the Abassid Caliphate transport troops across the Mediterranean to protect Spain from the Christians?

Would the Abassid Caliphate transport troops across the Mediterranean to protect Spain from the Christians?
Possible more if that is a big situation(plus is Iberia or Andalus, that is the whole peninsula) that need to show the caliph power and the caliphate unity, if anything the Franks might not have it easier now, plus post Constantinople the Abbasadid focused more in their borderlands