WI: Don Carlos marries Elisabeth of Valois and has a daughter with her

Here we're talking about Philip II of Spain's son with his first wife and double first cousin Maria Manuela of Portugal. IOTL Carlos was meant to marry Elisabeth, daughter of Henri II of France and Catherine de Medici', but died before the wedding could go through. Philip himself would marry Elisabeth, and had two surviving daughters with her.

So, to introduce a relatively complex scenario: Let's say Carlos lives longer to marry Elisabeth, have a daughter with her, and still predecease his father. What would the dynamic be ITTL? Assuming Philip's marriage to Mary Tudor produces no issue as IOTL, does he still remarry, given that he has a granddaughter but no surviving sons or grandsons? Would said daughter inherit something of the Spanish realms?

Here we're talking about Philip II of Spain's son with his first wife and double first cousin Maria Manuela of Portugal. IOTL Carlos was meant to marry Elisabeth, daughter of Henri II of France and Catherine de Medici', but died before the wedding could go through. Philip himself would marry Elisabeth, and had two surviving daughters with her.

So, to introduce a relatively complex scenario: Let's say Carlos lives longer to marry Elisabeth, have a daughter with her, and still predecease his father. What would the dynamic be ITTL? Assuming Philip's marriage to Mary Tudor produces no issue as IOTL, does he still remarry, given that he has a granddaughter but no surviving sons or grandsons? Would said daughter inherit something of the Spanish realms?
The marriage with elisabeth was called off because of his insanity, i think. Elisabeth was already married to Philip when carlos died.

Uncle-niece marriage...definitely icky but the Iberian royal families were no stranger to it. Also, carlos’s daughter would presumably have a higher claim to Portugal than her uncle/husband and I’m sure the Spanish will want to get in on that.
Dude thank god. My first read through this was "Philip marries his granddaughter" and i was worried

So, what you mean is "Philip would remarry with someone else and hope to produce another boy, in hopes that this boy could marry Carlos' daughter". Isn't it?
I think that's it. Dont know why philip doesnt borrow one of his nephews for this task tho

Philip would remarry and hope to produce a son of age with carlos’s daughter; those two would then marry
Uncle-niece marriage...definitely icky but the Iberian royal families were no stranger to it. Also, carlos’s daughter would presumably have a higher claim to Portugal than her uncle/husband and I’m sure the Spanish will want to get in on that.
Carlos‘ daughter would be the direct heiress of both Spain and Portugal (as Sebastian was childless and don Carlos just after him in the line of succession) so she would surely marry another Habsburg here (either a son of Philip by wife number 3 OR a son of Maximilian of Austria and Philip’s sister Maria). And Philip would still remarry as soon a good match is available for him after the death of Mary Tudor (who need to live some months longer than OTL here)