WI Europe had a higher birth rate 1950 on?

It is well known that the birth rate in Westerm Europe is pretty low, but what if it weren't?

What 'reasonable' changes would result in a higher birth rate from say 1950 on, and what would the impact be of such a birth rate?

It seems to me that this would have a tremendous impact on modern history, so I'm asking. One thing, I do not want to get into Europe or US bashing, this is an honest question.

Bright day
What is Europe?
But this could change a lot of things.
First how would it affect immigration. It would help eastern block nations (but they had quite good birth-rate OTL). If it results in higher population net change than OTL it would skew atlantic trade in favor of Europe earlier. Would there be higher racism? More expansionistic minded policies? More reforms to agriculture?
Population is one of history basis and as such everything changes with it...

Norman said:
It is well known that the birth rate in Westerm Europe is pretty low, but what if it weren't?

What 'reasonable' changes would result in a higher birth rate from say 1950 on, and what would the impact be of such a birth rate?

It seems to me that this would have a tremendous impact on modern history, so I'm asking. One thing, I do not want to get into Europe or US bashing, this is an honest question.
Less immigration into Europe, for one thing. It could have been done with a whopping tax deduction for children. Instead of decreasing it, they could have increased it, at least for the first child.

The birth rate was pretty good during the late forties and the fifties.
Things started to go in the other direction with the 1960s. Obviously there are a lot of concurring factors (I'm talking of western Europe):
a) the increasing cost of housing, in particular living in cities
b) both parents working
c) the cost of education
d) later marriages
e) people tended to postpone first babies, for budget reasons, but also to enjoy better life
f) more widespread and effective birth control methods

Most of these reasons are probably egoistic, but this was the trend in WE;
the last part of the century just aggravated the problem