WI Europe of Three Empires

Eurofed

Banned
Here. This map, I think, makes for a more balanced pattern of colonial expansion between the Norse and the Romans than the one kingsguard posted. The Byzantines might grab some holding in the Americas, but nothing as extensive as the other two empires.

24wdflc.png

As it concerns changes caused to India by the success of Rome, Muslim invasions are butterflied away, which have been a powerful element of disunity. ITTL Rome/*Byzantium does not absorb Persia, and so does not come to loom menacingly on the Indus, which may drive the Indians to unity. There is still going to be a helluva lot of trade contacts and penetration between Rome/*Byzantium and India, but I'm unsure of their net effect. As it concerns China, I'm fairly sure that in most cases a surviving Rome and Imperial China are going to be driven by ongoing cultural exchanges, trade links, and budding imperial rivalry into a millennial parallel rise into global superpower status. Theoretically the same might happen to India, if it avoids becoming a contested (and likely fragmented) buffer zone, or a Roman Raj.

Sorry for the necro, but I'm blogging about this TL as a particularly cool AH and in going over this thread, I found this post.

Maybe Persia, knowing that the Eastern Roman Empire with Mesopotamia is too strong for them, expands eastward into India instead?

IIRC a Persian Emperor sacked Delhi at one point.

Some Indo-Persian hegemon would cool, I think. I know I suggested it earlier, but that involved a steppe incursion taking both. This would be a native Persian effort and probably take longer.

Last edited: