Ancient Egypt survives to this day

It's Great!!!!!!!!!!!

Sir

I have read most of your timelines and I must say that (Ancient Egypt survives) is your BEST.I also was curious if you could give me some pointers on how to write a belivible timline.

PLEASE WRITE BACK SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My E-Mail is babydwarf3434@yahoo.com

Thanks Stone-wall34

Interesting... But don't you think that so long existence of the single Roman nation in almost all Europe is quite implausible, considering the fact that by 200s the Romans themselves were quite scattered in ethnical meaning?

Not sure if anyone brought this up yet but what becomes of the remainder of North Africa, land that was originally in the hands of the Ottomans?

It's good but I must point out that odds for the expelling of 20,000,000 non-Muslims are the same quite low since no such view exists in the Muslim world. Plus the modern Muslim insurgency was a direct product of exploitation during the Cold War, in places like Chechnya, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, and Lebanon mainly. You seem to portray Muslims as wanting to kill infidels for no ulterior motive, which strikes me as horribly stereotypical as a Muslim, but the Nazi Party and the KKK seem to be good comparisons to the UIR and the SoA.

Furthermore, how can you claim that Hulegu the Mongol is crushed in battle by the Egyptians? I can't imagine any realistic scenario where that happens. Furthermore, the Mamluks and Ottomans were Egyptian and Anatolian based Turkic dynasties with considerable military power; without the Mamluk factor in Egypt, I doubt they stood a chance against the Mongols. The Ottomans might have not risen here either, but they're worth a mention.

Oh, and one more thing. The Ommayyads as far as I know were reasonably more conservative than the Abbasids. And Omar ibn el Khattab was not an Ummayad; he was a Hashemite. Othman was an Omayyad, and even he did not start the "dynasty". It was more or less a republic till the assassination of the fourth caliph, Ali. Historians refer to that period as the "Rashidun" Caliphate, from the Arabic plural meaning "wise men" or "wise ones". The wise caliphs. The line goes like this: Abu Bakr, Omar, Uthman, and Ali. Then Muawiya and Ali engage in civil war, which Muawiya loses militarily but wins public support through propaganda. Ali is then assassinated by his own followers who believe the deception of Muawiya that Ali stepped down, deeming him a traitor. Muawiya is allowed to reign by Ali's son, the Hussein, only for him to name his son a successor before his death, sparking a second civil war which the Ummayid dynasty wins. I think Ali, Omar and Abu Bakr were Hashmites while Uthman and Muawiya were Ummayids. The Abbasids were Hashemites.

Last edited:
to the creator of this thread

Could we please have king lists for the other monarchies of this world, like China, Ghana, the Norse, the Inca, and so forth? I would like that.:D

It's good but I must point out that odds for the expelling of 20,000,000 non-Muslims are the same quite low since no such view exists in the Muslim world.

In OTL, that is true. These are not OTL Muslims.

Plus the modern Muslim insurgency was a direct product of exploitation during the Cold War, in places like Chechnya, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, and Lebanon mainly. You seem to portray Muslims as wanting to kill infidels for no ulterior motive, which strikes me as horribly stereotypical as a Muslim, but the Nazi Party and the KKK seem to be good comparisons to the UIR and the SoA.

Again, we are not talking OTL Muslims, and the factors which led to the Muslim terrorism in the ATL are not the same factors which led to it in OTL.

Furthermore, how can you claim that Hulegu the Mongol is crushed in battle by the Egyptians? I can't imagine any realistic scenario where that happens. Furthermore, the Mamluks and Ottomans were Egyptian and Anatolian based Turkic dynasties with considerable military power; without the Mamluk factor in Egypt, I doubt they stood a chance against the Mongols. The Ottomans might have not risen here either, but they're worth a mention.

Have a hard time with the concept of alternate history, do we? The Egyptian Empire which exists in the ATL is not the same Egypt which was defeated by the Mongols in OTL. It is a much more powerful Egypt.

Oh, and one more thing. The Ommayyads as far as I know were reasonably more conservative than the Abbasids. And Omar ibn el Khattab was not an Ummayad; he was a Hashemite. Othman was an Omayyad, and even he did not start the "dynasty". It was more or less a republic till the assassination of the fourth caliph, Ali. Historians refer to that period as the "Rashidun" Caliphate, from the Arabic plural meaning "wise men" or "wise ones". The wise caliphs. The line goes like this: Abu Bakr, Omar, Uthman, and Ali. Then Muawiya and Ali engage in civil war, which Muawiya loses militarily but wins public support through propaganda. Ali is then assassinated by his own followers who believe the deception of Muawiya that Ali stepped down, deeming him a traitor. Muawiya is allowed to reign by Ali's son, the Hussein, only for him to name his son a successor before his death, sparking a second civil war which the Ummayid dynasty wins. I think Ali, Omar and Abu Bakr were Hashmites while Uthman and Muawiya were Ummayids. The Abbasids were Hashemites.

All of that is irrelevant to the timeline. Interesting, but irrelevant.

Last edited:
wow

I've only just joined this forum, and this timeline is one of the most awesome I've ever read. :D
Wouldn't it be cool to have a novel or series of short stories set in this world?