I wonder if there would be an in-universe AU I where the spanish troubles result in the Habsburgs getting killed(accidentaly or otherwise) leaving Katherine(now regent of England) as the next in line for the spanish throne as well

I mean you know I have a thing for Anglo-Spanish unions(see my timeline :p) and this would surely be a "interesting" outcome(in the chinese sense)

I wonder if there would be an in-universe AU I where the spanish troubles result in the Habsburgs getting killed(accidentaly or otherwise) leaving Katherine(now regent of England) as the next in line for the spanish throne as well
That is pretty much impossible: Joanna had 6 children and Maria 10 children so Catherine will not get near to the Spanish crown

That is pretty much impossible: Joanna had 6 children and Maria 10 children so Catherine will not get near to the Spanish crown
I agree, but... If Juana died in the storm on her journey to Burgundy, that takes her line out of the equation.

And ooh. There's a misc question coming up...

Renunciation of Woodstock, where Mary renounced for her children all rights and claims that they inherited from their father, covering the Kingdoms of Denmark, Norway, Sweden—along with the duchies of Schleswig and Holstein and any other associated territories. The renunciation was signed by the queen and stamped with the privy seal—and included the signatures of the witnesses—including the Privy Council members.
Mary can do this while she holds sole rulership- especially in the critical period where whoever takes over after Christian dies solidifies their grip on power, she can knock the English claim out of contention.

However, should that line ever falter in say the 17th or 18th century or something I think it’s plausible that an English monarch tries to resurrect this old claim and get Denmark Norway for a second son. In any case that’s outside the scope of this timeline.

I can’t help but think it’ll have an effect on her relationship with her sons though- they might grow to resent her depriving them of their rightful inheritance, even if it’s too late for them to do anything by the time they’re adults.

On May 27, 1550, Pole was elected. He took the name Adrian VI in honor of the last English Pope.
Oh nice!! Should lead to some very interesting church reform- does this lead to the victory of the spirituali? Even if Protestantism can’t be fully reabsorbed into the Catholic Church, it definitely takes the wind out of their sails if the Catholic Church starts emphasising the central role of justification sola fide.

Ó Cuileanáin’s early preaching primarily consisted of stories from the Old Testament spoken in the vernacular; he claimed that the New Testament was fraudulent and attacked the English as devils, while he castigated the Catholic Church as a din of vice and inequity
!!!! This is!!!!!! Why is no one going !!!!!!!!
Rejecting the New Testament takes this lot out of the pale of Christianity entirely- this is more Irish Islam than Irish Mormons. Then again like Islam shows, a new religious movements relationship with its predecessors can shift, farther or closer, as long as the prophet is alive and can legitimate that shift.

Even outside the context of the Catholic Church being an instrument of colonisation, it’s a radical change in Irish society which has Patrick and Palladius so deeply engrained in every level of Irish folklore and myth- they dispute with pagan heroes and are the primeval lawgivers for the brehons. Does rejecting the New Testament mean you reject the foundations of law in Irish society? Especially given that this new prophet has taken the name columbanus- that seems to suggest a reverence for Irish figures who very explicitly did not reject the New Testament.

I’m interested to see to what degree this new religion is operating in the world of the brehons and Irish clan culture- when they say the vernacular is used, is that the classical Gaelic that was used as a literary standard throughout Scotland and Ireland based on the 12th century norm or is that going full Lutheran and making the language as ordinary to a particular region at that time as possible?

Definitely makes sense the religious orders are taking the lead in plantations of Ireland though.

!! This is!!!!!! Why is no one going !!!!!!!!
Rejecting the New Testament takes this lot out of the pale of Christianity entirely- this is more Irish Islam than Irish Mormons. Then again like
I'd say Irish Judaism or Irish Ebionism to be accurate since Islam still includes some New Testament stuff(like Jesus) but pretty much yeah

Yes... Mary has been fairly lucky in the child rearing sector. Given life expectancy, I thought it was fitting that two of her children did not make it to adulthood. I decided the sweat would carry them off. Mostly I detest TLs where every queen / princess becomes an incubator who has 8-9 (if not more!!) children and none of them die. Given medical advancements of the period, it was a rarity.
Oh yeah I definitely think two of her kids dying young makes sense I just wasn’t expecting them to go at the same time lol

I mean you know I have a thing for Anglo-Spanish unions(see my timeline :p) and this would surely be a "interesting" outcome(in the chinese sense)
It would require some kind of freak accident. You’d have to kill Joanna, and then Maria and her numerous children. Not saying it couldn’t happen, but you’d need some sort of severe accident probably—but who knows what that would mean for Spain and England!

I can’t help but think it’ll have an effect on her relationship with her sons though- they might grow to resent her depriving them of their rightful inheritance, even if it’s too late for them to do anything by the time they’re adults.
This is the likely outcome. If there are any further Anglo-Danish marriages, English princesses may take their “claims” to Denmark with them as part of their dowry.

Oh nice!! Should lead to some very interesting church reform- does this lead to the victory of the spirituali? Even if Protestantism can’t be fully reabsorbed into the Catholic Church, it definitely takes the wind out of their sails if the Catholic Church starts emphasising the central role of justification sola fide.
I don't want to say too much, but we cover part of the Council of Bologna under Pole's aegis in the next chapter.

!!!! This is!!!!!! Why is no one going !!!!!!!!
Rejecting the New Testament takes this lot out of the pale of Christianity entirely- this is more Irish Islam than Irish Mormons. Then again like Islam shows, a new religious movements relationship with its predecessors can shift, farther or closer, as long as the prophet is alive and can legitimate that shift.
So, yes: this is a pretty drastic change. The reason I included this (as well as some other quirks) is that the Celtic Church were sometimes attacked as being Judaizers, in that they mimicked certain traditions of the Jews. The Celtic Church (especially in Ireland) was believed to adhere too closely to the Old Testament, and and their laws too occasionally. One charismatic preacher in the 800s was condemned because he urged his followers follow the Laws of the Old Testament. So it's kind of in that strain. To address the rest...

Even outside the context of the Catholic Church being an instrument of colonisation, it’s a radical change in Irish society which has Patrick and Palladius so deeply engrained in every level of Irish folklore and myth- they dispute with pagan heroes and are the primeval lawgivers for the brehons. Does rejecting the New Testament mean you reject the foundations of law in Irish society? Especially given that this new prophet has taken the name columbanus- that seems to suggest a reverence for Irish figures who very explicitly did not reject the New Testament.
I should make clear that our prophet here attacking the New Testament as is isn't a wholesale rejection: he has called it "fraudulent" but he has his idea of his own "true" New Testament that these angels, voices, will no doubt help him find / restore to him. I sort of wanted to take some experiences from Joseph Smith's own life and transport them (best as I could) into 16th century Ireland, with my own spin on things. As of now, the prophet's group has not made any radical suggestions... at this point they are itinerant preachers / followers. The idea is they develop their own ideas; rather than the OTL Mormons who had the Bible + Book of Mormon, this group may end up with a "Bible" that is wholly divergent from both Catholic and Protestant ones, and not merely a translation.

As the group evolves, I can see no doubt that some that oppose it might lay the seeds for ATL's Irish Travelers, who were not in any way related to the Romani, but came about possibly because of Tudor / Stuart deprivations. But there is a huge connection to folklore and especially folk magic, and I imagine the prophet often weaves Irish legends into his religious testimonies as well.

I’m interested to see to what degree this new religion is operating in the world of the brehons and Irish clan culture- when they say the vernacular is used, is that the classical Gaelic that was used as a literary standard throughout Scotland and Ireland based on the 12th century norm or is that going full Lutheran and making the language as ordinary to a particular region at that time as possible?
For now, they're a weird little group: probably viewed more as entertainment than as a religion. They never stay in one place too long; when they arrive, they set up shop, sell things, help where they (maybe) can, and also preach their ideas. As for the vernacular... I would say that the books and tracts in Wexford are probably being published in Classical Gaelic as the literary language and no doubt probably understood by those educated, who these things would be aimed at. When the prophet preaches, he preaches in the local dialect / tongue: right now his group is centered in southern Ireland. He's (allegedly) from Munster, so he's active in that area.

Oh yeah I definitely think two of her kids dying young makes sense I just wasn’t expecting them to go at the same time lol
I was struggling with it too, haha. I decided hm.... why not!

Addenum: Additional AI Portraits / Images
So: I often generate quite a bit of images when I am writing a chapter, or sometimes just because. I'll be honest: sometimes stuff gets stuffed into a folder for a variety of reasons: I end up getting a better or actual historical image, I'm not happy with the quality, or sometimes what I've generated just ends up not playing any role in the chapter and ends up getting ignored. Sometimes I generate stuff for down the road, only to generate new things later. I've built up a bit of a backlog of random AI images, from portraits to some architectural things... so I figured I'd release them here for you guys as an addendum! These images are all AI generated.

Addendum — Additional AI Portraits & Images

9sXSHdb.jpeg

Catherine of Aragon, Queen Dowager of England —
Circa 1539-40, this would've been after her retirement
to Syon. I pictured her here in white mourning as she did
sometimes wear for dramatic effect, and I could see her doing
so for a portrait! I'm not sure if ever intended to use this or
if it was just for fun, but at least you have an idea of Catherine
post 1536, her OTL death date! She likely lived in great style at
Syon and other portraiture of her was likely similar to this,
with some perhaps even depicting her wearing a nun's habit.

1cX2eV5.jpeg

The Duchess de Plaisance's Châteaux de la Jatte
Anne Boullan's Château de la Jatte, located in the Seine River on
the Île de la Jatte, which can only be reached by boat. This ended
up very pretty, but I couldn't get the AI to do what I wanted it to do!
Even now the painting makes it look like an artificial island and not
a natural one, like the Île de la Jatte truly is. The Château de la Jatte
ended up being only a tiny part in the Catherine Howard chapter, so
I shelved this. I like to think the Château will have a life beyond being
owned by Anne—and perhaps her son Ottavio will sell it to his uncle or
to the crown. I can only imagine the things that might happen here in the
1600s, 1700s, 1800s... I can only imagine the scenes and scandals set here!

o6ULF7l.jpeg

Palazzo of the Grand Masters of the Knights Hospitaller
Potential Image of the as-of-yet unnamed Palace of the Grand Masters
of the Order of Corfu (Knights Hospitaller). The idea here was it gets built
north of Corfu in the Palaiopolis of old Greek ruins, in what was Korkyra
near OTL Mon Repos. The general idea is that it uses some old pieces from
various temples in the region, such as Doric Columns and Pediments as part
of a brand new construction that melds the Italian Renaissance and it's style
with ancient Greek architecture. I'm posting this because I have no clue if it will
ever get used, and I think it's too beautiful to just sit on my computer! I still have
so many ideas for this place: Greek statues, and maybe decorative or real Aqueducts.
I can only imagine if the Knights manage to raid into Morea or even Attica and get
their hands on Marble statues or even marble slabs from the Acropolis or Partheon
that might be used for this very palace as trophies of triumph over the Ottoman Turk.

xrQZYR4.jpeg

Palazzo in Hospitaller Corfu — Possibly an Auberge or Government Palazzo
Second potential image of the Corfu Palace. I ended up liking the first image more,
but this one was also stunning. I just felt like it didn't look "different" enough and
I like how the first one had a much wider view, so this was scrapped. This one is
definitely still good too, but I thought it might work more for a more minor palace
in Hospitaller Corfu, such as an Auberge for one of the orders Langues, or some
administrative building of sorts. Still undecided, but enjoy! It definitely is pretty!

bWOlrHE.jpeg

Portrait of Princess Mary, eldest daughter of John and Mary
This was supposed to be circa 1549-1550, to be used in the
previous chapter. I ended up scrapping this because I wasn't
happy with the outlook... to me, she doesn't look fourteen. Her
betrothal and marriage also ultimately played a tiny role in the
chapter, and I didn't really want to have to generate portraits for
Princess Catherine and Prince Henry both, who arguably had much
bigger roles in the last chapter than their eldest sister. Still, we
will probably get a better look at her when she's older and has
settled a little in Spain—either as Princess of Asturias or Queen.
pWlbGbY.jpeg

Queen Mary & Princess Mary, Madonna & Child, 1535-36
This would've been painted sometime in 1535-1536. I loved
the idea of depicting Mary the Elder and Mary the Younger as
Madonna and Child. And royalty did sometimes do portraits
like these. I never had a good reason to utilize this picture, so
it ended up in my little vault of creations. I kept it around mostly
because it took ages and ages to try to get the AI to understand
what I was trying to do. I had to be very direct and very simple in
my image prompt. I had to be factual. It came out amazing but
honestly, I was not very happy with how Mary the Elder's face
turned out. This was made way before I generated any of the
other portraits that did get published that gave her the "look"
that you all know and love! It definitely ended up being a very
unique portrait. and it should be seen because of that alone.

trTlgdC.jpeg

Pomegranate Portrait of Queen Mary of England —
So, this is an older portrait of the queen and is meant
to mimic Elizabethan portraits of Elizabeth of the same
period IOTL. As you can see, she's dressed in staunch
widow's black. I haven't totally decided if she ever wears
color again, but I sort of do like the matron widow look
for our girl when she gets older! Of course I don't have
any need for this portrait yet, but I basically made it to
experiment. I will keep refining my AI images for when
we do get to the 1570s, which means this one won't
end up getting used! I ended up calling this painting
the Pomegranate Portrait because of one lovely detail
that you can see beside the queen sitting on the table.
The slices of pomegranate sitting on the table are meant
to represent Catherine of Aragon, who used the fruit as
her emblem. It's a homage to her mother; Pomegranates
also represent fertility. In this painting the fruit honors
Mary (an older woman past childbearing) as England's
queen and mother, the nation's maternal protector.

Portraiture in General
Later paintings of Mary IATL will definitely be chock full of allegorical details and might include motifs dedicated to her father and her Tudor blood, or to John II as well, to represent the Oldenburg heritage that England's royal princes and princesses now carry. Things I might not be able to generate through AI. As seen above and unlike well-known Elizabethan portraiture in the 1570s & 1580s IOTL that sought to show Elizabeth / Gloriana as a Faerie Queen who did not age, Mary will instead claim her aging, as it plays into her role as a widowed queen who is England's Matron, the wise older woman who knows what is best for her kingdom. In effect, her wrinkles will become as effective as Gloriana's ageless façade in terms of English royal propaganda.

The Marian Cult that likely springs up in the final years of Mary's reign likely creates majestic portraits that extol her virtues and greatness while portraying her as she truly is: a widow, a mother, and a queen.

After her (eventual) death, in about ten or twenty years, painters will likely look back upon the Marian Age as England's golden era much as the Elizabethan Age. Much as we connect the Tudors with 16th Century England (primarily Henry VIII and Elizabeth I), Mary will be the one who be connected with 16th century England IATL. Portraits might be devised that show Mary as the Goddess Eos or Juno, or even a dual portraiture that shows the founders of England's new dynasty, John and Mary as Zeus and Hera, with some of their children depicted not as cherubs and angels, but the offspring of these Goddesses: Mary's son and eventual heir/successor is perhaps depicted as Ares, an omen / warning towards reckless warfare, while her eldest daughter, Mary, might be depicted as Illyria, the Goddess of Birth and her youngest daughter, Joan, might be shown as Hebe, the Goddess of Youth.

Immediately after her death, however, there might perhaps be a sense of relief—depending on how long she reigns, and how her final years are, there will perhaps be those that will be happy to see the elder queen, great as she was finally pass away, so that her son can claim his birthright... this might be all the more tangible as his age will likely contrast greatly with his mother's, and his wife and young(ish) children might be much needed balm. I could absolutely see something painted such as this sometime after her death, or even something like this in later centuries!​

Very cool! I can definitely see her going for a family portrait a la this one from Henry VII’s time with all her children (living and dead) and John featured on it :)
I was thinking something similar to the Allegory of the Tudor Succession myself. Probably a young Henry VIII at the center with a young Catherine of Aragon; John and Mary would be on each side of them, and their children would occupy the spaces beside John and Mary. I've tried to create it but unfortunately it just makes some really wonky things with messed up faces. 😅

I feel sorry for Mary in TTL due to her family losses--losing her husband and two of her children will have an effect on her, IMO...

Wonder how the age of colonization and discovery is going to go in TTL...

A new Irish religion is interesting here...

Good update, and waiting for more!!!

I feel sorry for Mary in TTL due to her family losses--losing her husband and two of her children will have an effect on her, IMO...
It's tough on her, but she's a strong broad.

Wonder how the age of colonization and discovery is going to go in TTL...
It will likely play out a bit differently. So far, not much has changed: The French have been sniffing about in Brazil and Norman traders have managed to do (some) trading in the East Indies, but Portugal remains the dominant power in the East Indies and Spain in the west.

We'll likely see some large changes once Charles V dies (or abdicates). Spain technically banned foreigners from conducting trade with it's colonies in 1504. Some Flemish were definitely involved in the colonization/trading process of OTL, though it was probably more limited IATL, especially once Charles gave up effective authority. Regardless, the merchants of Antwerp (and the greater Low Countries) will definitely lose any access once Charles is no longer king. Under Maximilian II, the merchants of the Low Countries will still be able to trade at Lisbon and Seville, but prices might encourage them to strike out on their own.

France is likely to take interest starting in the 1550-1560s, though the crown will likely need to retain it's strength for any plans to be successful.

England will likely take an interest in due time as well. Interest in Guinea dated to the 1550s, and Mary will likely want to investigate new commercial opportunities. Scotland may very well have interests too, though their limited population could pose a problem. Still, trading posts might be possible for the Scots down the line.

Denmark-Norway, once they stabilize will be in a position to take part too. Greenland has long faded away into nothing, but as early as the 1600s the Danish kings were sending out expeditions to find the eastern settlement and re-establish sovereignty. The main issues were a lack of experience in Arctic waters / difficult weather. Their focus on the eastern side also made things difficult, since the area was almost inaccessible due to ice drifting southward. Still, even if they fail in Greenland, they might chart out some areas in Canada.

The main issue will be these main powers are all Catholic. But given France's own issue with the Treaty of Tordesillas that denied them a place in the sun so to speak, England and the Empire are likely to feel similarly in eventually. Plus, Spain cannot reasonably do much with North America with their already existent colonies, so...

A new Irish religion is interesting here...
It'll have to develop a bit more... I haven't decided if it's the Irish Mormonism I've pondered about or if it will be just some strange off shoot doing it's own thing. But regardless, it's gonna be fun!

It will likely play out a bit differently. So far, not much has changed: The French have been sniffing about in Brazil and Norman traders have managed to do (some) trading in the East Indies, but Portugal remains the dominant power in the East Indies and Spain in the west.
If you need a setting to write about French colonial adventures, IOTL there was, in 1550, the amazing Royal Entry of Henry II in Rouen, also know as the "Brazilian Party" or the "Cannibal Party". It was organized by Norman merchants and shipmakers in order to get more royal support to colonial projects. They brought 50 Tupinambas from the Brazilian coast to recreate life in a Tupi village, the cutting of brazilwood, a war with other tribes and even a naval battle between French and Portuguese ships. It's a pity that Anne Boullan isn't in France anymore to watch it, or the widowed queen (who certainly wouldn't like to see the court celebrating Frenchmen burning Portuguese ships).

If you need a setting to write about French colonial adventures, IOTL there was, in 1550, the amazing Royal Entry of Henry II in Rouen, also know as the "Brazilian Party" or the "Cannibal Party". It was organized by Norman merchants and shipmakers in order to get more royal support to colonial projects. They brought 50 Tupinambas from the Brazilian coast to recreate life in a Tupi village, the cutting of brazilwood, a war with other tribes and even a naval battle between French and Portuguese ships. It's a pity that Anne Boullan isn't in France anymore to watch it, or the widowed queen (who certainly wouldn't like to see the court celebrating Frenchmen burning Portuguese ships).
Oh wow! I knew about the entrance into Rouen and I've seeing some paintings of the Joyous Entry and the Bal des Brésiliens, but I didn't realize it had been concocted to encourage royal support for colonial projects! It definitely is a pity: Anne would've enjoyed it, and lord knows I've enjoyed giving Queen Beatriz a pique (but I promise good times are coming for her!).

Plus, you know me Gonzaga... I may perhaps have some ideas re: the French in Brazil.... seems to be an idea I like to revisit, considering I used the idea in Prince of Peace. 😅

I think my main issue is that I've got no Aviz-Trastamaras here with the whole world in their hand who are content to ignore a certain piece of South America so someone else can snatch it up.

But I also suppose now is a good as chance as any for the French to make an attempt... IIRC, at this point Brazil is still divided into hereditary captaincies, and it wasn't exactly a system that worked out compared to it's use elsewhere. Seems Pernambuco and São Vincente were the "most" successful, alongside Ilhéus and Porto Seguro. So what is now Bahia, São Paulo and Recife?

Considering the project of France Antarctique around Rio lasted from 1555 to ~1567 (I'd say 1560, since that is when the Portuguese attacked Fort Coligny and scattered most of the settlers onto the mainland, but they weren't definitively expelled until 1567) while being an absolute hot mess, it might be more successful with more royal backing and as a Catholic colony, rather than some experiment to try and settle Huguenots and Catholics together. With an English pope who is aligned with the spirituali faction, he might be a little more pragmatic about trying to check Spanish and Portuguese ambitions and their claim to have dominion of the whole entire world split between them. If the French crown invests and support it, and there's buy in from religious groups (Brazil already had Jesuits through the Portuguese, but why not add some more?) who's to say what might happen.

The French also seem to have had good relations with Indians in that general region, the Tamoios and Tupinambá, who were fighting against the Portuguese. Why not use them as allies and arm them? It's also interesting to consider France's indigenous policy vs. Spain or Portugal. The French IOTL tried to coexist where possible, and acculturation and conversion were the main goals of the religious missions. Ordinances in 1627 IOTL even claimed that Indian's who converted to Catholicism were "natural Frenchmen" and given the same rights as other French subjects. France wouldn't have the manpower in ~1550 to compete with Portugal's already existent colonies, but they might be able to use the natives to level the playing field...

Oh wow! I knew about the entrance into Rouen and I've seeing some paintings of the Joyous Entry and the Bal des Brésiliens, but I didn't realize it had been concocted to encourage royal support for colonial projects! It definitely is a pity: Anne would've enjoyed it, and lord knows I've enjoyed giving Queen Beatriz a pique (but I promise good times are coming for her!).

Plus, you know me Gonzaga... I may perhaps have some ideas re: the French in Brazil.... seems to be an idea I like to revisit, considering I used the idea in Prince of Peace. 😅

I think my main issue is that I've got no Aviz-Trastamaras here with the whole world in their hand who are content to ignore a certain piece of South America so someone else can snatch it up.

But I also suppose now is a good as chance as any for the French to make an attempt... IIRC, at this point Brazil is still divided into hereditary captaincies, and it wasn't exactly a system that worked out compared to it's use elsewhere. Seems Pernambuco and São Vincente were the "most" successful, alongside Ilhéus and Porto Seguro. So what is now Bahia, São Paulo and Recife?

Considering the project of France Antarctique around Rio lasted from 1555 to ~1567 (I'd say 1560, since that is when the Portuguese attacked Fort Coligny and scattered most of the settlers onto the mainland, but they weren't definitively expelled until 1567) while being an absolute hot mess, it might be more successful with more royal backing and as a Catholic colony, rather than some experiment to try and settle Huguenots and Catholics together. With an English pope who is aligned with the spirituali faction, he might be a little more pragmatic about trying to check Spanish and Portuguese ambitions and their claim to have dominion of the whole entire world split between them. If the French crown invests and support it, and there's buy in from religious groups (Brazil already had Jesuits through the Portuguese, but why not add some more?) who's to say what might happen.
It should also be noticed that Portugal didn't care much for Brazil compared to what they saw as their ultimate prize in India and Indonesia, the end result was that the colony was really badly defended besides the barest of the minimum because the Portuguese thought no one would want it, as late as the Dutch invasions in the 17th century, the governor of the capital called the defenses abysmal, an "open treasure waiting to be taken" in his own words, so if France really puts in the effort, it's not crazy to imagine that they can win and manage to convince the Portuguese to give it up in exchange for some concessions or two or even marriage proposals.

The French also seem to have had good relations with Indians in that general region, the Tamoios and Tupinambá, who were fighting against the Portuguese. Why not use them as allies and arm them? It's also interesting to consider France's indigenous policy vs. Spain or Portugal. The French IOTL tried to coexist where possible, and acculturation and conversion were the main goals of the religious missions. Ordinances in 1627 IOTL even claimed that Indian's who converted to Catholicism were "natural Frenchmen" and given the same rights as other French subjects. France wouldn't have the manpower in ~1550 to compete with Portugal's already existent colonies, but they might be able to use the natives to level the playing field...
Honestly I'd be a bit wary of this, while the French would certainly treat the tribes that allied to them well, they're still very likely to go brutal on the non friendly ones, especially if they were Portuguese backed. It's likely we'll see that the French friendly natives will go the same route as to what the Portuguese aligned tribes went through: mainly assimilation but still having enough of them around they would still be a presence, even if greatly diminished compared to the influx of settlers and slaves coming in, which depending on how that goes, ends up with them subjugated after having outlived their usefulness or living in a "peaceful coexistence" with the French colonial administration where they have their own little lands that are protected from encroachment from plantation owners who always want more land.

You know, random thing but an interesting thing that could happen is it John and Mary's love story does become a Shakespeare type of play is that at some point in modern times it gets adapted into a movie but kind of a different type like it anybody has seen Richard III 1995 movie with Ian Mckellen where the setting took place in a 1930s environment instead of a medieval time I think that would be interesting.

You know, random thing but an interesting thing that could happen is it John and Mary's love story does become a Shakespeare type of play is that at some point in modern times it gets adapted into a movie but kind of a different type like it anybody has seen Richard III 1995 movie with Ian Mckellen where the setting took place in a 1930s environment instead of a medieval time I think that would be interesting.
Well, I can deffo see John’s story become a Shakespearean type of historical tragedy, and Mary or her heir could sponsor it ;)