Cronus Invictus: An Alternate Console Wars (Something a bit different)

Thande

Donor
Count me in as someone who would love to see a Mark II of this timeline. Your increased knowledge of the topic at hand would be beneficial, and you certainly have no shortage of games to discuss, given that you can mine this thread for suggestions!

Frankly, I never saw that as a problem. I was always so engrossed in the descriptions of the games, the consoles, how they were developed, how they were marketed, where they sold, how well they sold... I certainly never missed not hearing about the people.

Yeah, I always viewed this TL as more a "talk about games that could have been" and not worry too much about them fitting into a coherent sequence of events (I mean, I ignored butterflies a lot anyway just because I didn't want to get rid of franchises I like such as Command & Conquer...)

Yeah, I always viewed this TL as more a "talk about games that could have been" and not worry too much about them fitting into a coherent sequence of events (I mean, I ignored butterflies a lot anyway just because I didn't want to get rid of franchises I like such as Command & Conquer...)

I'm certainly planning the same kind of thing sometimes. Frankly for writing purposes keeping OTL names for stuff (or very similar) is justifiable in terms of relating to a modern audience. Yes, butterflies, but Sega was going to make a mascot game with most 1980s PODs (except truly drastic ones) and why the heck not that thus leads up to a speed + rolling = blue hedgehog named Sonic equation.

Anyway I echo Brainbin in that writing about just games and hardware is perfectly fine. If you decide that you do want to toss in some personalities I (and I'm sure others) would be glad to help out.

Actually I've just had an idea for a Sega counterpart to the Pokemon franchise (also stealing, er I mean taking inspiration) from OTL's Mario RPGs...

My main issue with this TL is that, while I know a lot about videogames, I don't know as much about the personalities behind the scenes that other people talk about in these cultural TLs.

Doesn't was the Chaos from the Dreamcast Era the SEGA answer to Pokemon? C'mon with the VMU and the chao garden those were Tamagochi on Stereoids(and was nice to play with them,XD) and for which Mario RPGS series? Square cooperation? Mario & Luigi? Paper Mario series?

And talking about that...I want to answer the elephan of the room.... Sonic will make his Jump to a 'Dreamcast'-like Modern Design?

I know than that was a big hit for those who follow the 'continuities' but here in LatAm and even USA & Europe, the Jump to Dreamcast Era and modern sonic was awesome, the Adventure Duology and them how the new desing was excellent, and Generations was a big contrast?

And with that? Modern Sonic will exist in CITL?(in Fact Sonic X-treme was rumored when he was to make that jump... but scrapped until the 3D-Dreamcast Era...when was incredible)

If you need anything Pokemon-related, I'm your guy. I know pretty much everything under the sun about Pokemon.

Pokemon is changed so heavily by the Butterfree Effect that having a Poke-expert probably won't be all that helpful for Thande.

Pokemon is changed so heavily by the Butterfree Effect that having a Poke-expert probably won't be all that helpful for Thande.

Those who trully know pokemon, know as long Satoshi Tajiri still exist.. some pokemon in shape will exist, that come from a long idea of him being a child, the old japanese hobby of bug collecting + tamagochi in stereoids.

In fact in OTL Pokemon was Almost Cancelled Four time, Four Time, mostly financial issues, in fact Miyamoto Inyect his own money and part of his salary to gamefreak, for that was they become a Second Party.. to not be a burden if Pokemon fail.

And with the Game Boy the Idea is still in Air, in fact Mushahi King was planned but come late.

Still i've my SEGA Doubts...(About if Sonic will do his generational Jump... Something Necessary for new fans...)

And what will do SONY? They even want some Share of Nintendo in OTL before the 'backstabbing' maybe here will happen(but still Yamauchi has the definitive sharing thus Nintendo is his family possesion until his die)

Those who trully know pokemon, know as long Satoshi Tajiri still exist.. some pokemon in shape will exist, that come from a long idea of him being a child, the old japanese hobby of bug collecting + tamagochi in stereoids.

I'm aware - but emphasis on "in some shape"; it'll be highly mutated.

No, he means that some of the first batch of pokemon would be different because of butterflies.

Yes and maybe will correct some of the 'weird' thing of the game, Like the so called Venomoth-Butterfly swap, Ho-Oh As the leader of Weather Bird(as founded in the pokemon Yellow Rom)

But Again... We have Sonic and he is even more Butterly Suscetible... Isn't it? :rolleyes: (Sorry Pokemon Fanboyism come first, even if I'm Sonic Fan). AND Here pokemon were called microbeast... so close but different than OTL.

Hey With the Jupiter... doesn't would keep the generation longer, like 1997 instead 1996, some people would found those jump bad in their consumer mindset, having both Super-CD & Jaguar in 1993 give them live to 1997 as minimun, plus Sega Radical(i prefer Mars), come in 1994 and was who Desired the japanese Leadership, a 2D 32-bit Console thus keeping them a longer time.

Hey How Phantasy Star will fare ITTL?

FDW

Banned
Yes and maybe will correct some of the 'weird' thing of the game, Like the so called Venomoth-Butterfly swap, Ho-Oh As the leader of Weather Bird(as founded in the pokemon Yellow Rom)

But Again... We have Sonic and he is even more Butterly Suscetible... Isn't it? :rolleyes: (Sorry Pokemon Fanboyism come first, even if I'm Sonic Fan). AND Here pokemon were called microbeast... so close but different than OTL.

Also, I mentioned earlier in the thread that the POD could allow for Gamefreak to release pokemon a few years earlier than it did IOTL, potentially on a better console than the GAME BOY.

Also, I mentioned earlier in the thread that the POD could allow for Gamefreak to release pokemon a few years earlier than it did IOTL, potentially on a better console than the GAME BOY.

In reply to everyone about Pokemon, I meant for 2.0, he might need a Poke-Expert, look at what's there for the originals, change somethings, wa-lah.

Both as a bump and as a way to attract the author for some word.

You say that Sonic 1(Genesis Version) was pretty similar to the semi-final beta(with the ball bouncing and the swapped order) but again, the Sound Test was keeped with the Band?(the one with Vector et al)

What Happen with Bernie Stolar In ITTL?(who was a Brillant Hardware Marketer but Horrible with the Software) and Ken Kutaragi with That Regard(the contract say that both Company Share the Hardware & Software responsabilities, but that in practice... Nintendo will never allow this Franchise or First & Second Party to be touched by no one)

Some notice for a continuation or reboot (an About Rare with Sega... Even if the Second Party Status start in 1994, the negotiation were since early 90's for a way to work with the advance SGI technology overseas...)

And the big question... with your Sucessful Regional Sonic in ITTL, maybe in a continuation or reboot, the Canon will Unify?(like OTL with Dreamcast 'teenager' Sonic) or SEGA will cop out to brach out Sonic by Region(USA, EU and the Japanese one, who the latter being the main responsable of Actual Canon, who is loved for those who grow outside of Continuity or come late to the party.)

Man this has been dead for a year, because I thought this TL was just on hiatus?!

There aren't other video game ATLs are there?

Did I miss Cronus Invictus 2.0 somewhere?

I love LTTW like crazy but I'd an LTTW update for a Cronus Invictus update anyday.

I want to read about the UNES, Atari Ocelot, & Sega Neptune. Plus whatever Sony is going to do after they eat NEC.

:( /necromancy :eek: