Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I decided to make a map of the evolution of the near east since I retconned things and added the vassals of the romans from the timeline

Heraclius won the war in 628 and installed Adarnase I as prince of Iberia and gave some lands to Theodore as prince of Armenia after the Sassanid situation continued to decline and Turkic raids reached calmed down the Sassanid empire was not recovering so the king of Caucasian Albania Javanshir revolted and attacked northern Iran and portions of Sassanid Armenia taking key fortresses and asked Heraclius to intervene while Heraclius recognized his claim the state was busy with the Balkan campaign against the slavs so Heraclius never sent much aside from some raids against Sassanid Persia.

Nearly 20 years after the wars end the roman empire had begun its recovery under Heraclius and Constans II despite Gregory's rebellion the new emperor's skill for management and administration allowed him to intervene in Persia where he supported Gil Gavbara, now he was not the first military commander related to the house of Sasan to attempt to overthrow him many others just carved the realm and had become defacto independent rulers, however, none could take the throne since despite the bickering of the nobles Yazdegered III served as a great puppet and emperor that could not challenge the nobles, with Turkish and Arab raids increasing Gil Gavbara asked Constans for help and he did he took all of Persian Armenia and gave it to Theodore for his service and the Dabuyids would give up all claims to Caucasian Albania, while the empire had recovered Constans II kept the vassals as managing against Khazar raids would be to costly and just set up garrisons while giving the royals of these lands titles prestige in the roman court with a lot of freedom, as for the Persians while we call them the Dabuyids Gil Gavbara claimed he restored the sasanid dynasty who had gone astray

during the reign of Constantine IV, the Dabuyid empire entered into a series of crises as shah Dabuya tried to wrestle power from the great houses Turkic raids after tang victories and the increase of Arab migrations caused the shah to surrender Mesopotamia which was been devastated by raids going so far as near the capital that he offered emperor Constantine the province the romans had also dealt with the Arabs but in a better matter than the Persians with that area of Mesopotamia were annex while Constantine found one of the few direct members of the house of Sasan the son of Yazdegerd III, Peroz who became king of Mesopotamia, his son Bahram tried to betray the romans were Justinian was presumed dead and the civil war of the late 7th early 8th century began, however as the great mother confederation arrived he joined Justinian II defeated them and thus ending the era of massive Arab migrations, when the ghassanids also gained dominion of many tribes after expelling arabs from the area, Bahram would also later convert to Christianity but keep Zoroastrianism and Judaism as respected regions as time progressed and the romans continued to ascends, events in the east with the tang expansion made it so that the Dabuyids didn't declare war an era of peace continued were Constantine V took the the throne defeated the expanding berbers and 100 years after their establishment fough the khazars who up until then were content with just raiding the empire but now seeked souther expansion, during this time greek again began to spread from the gulf to the Caucasus it would not be until the middle of the 9th century nearly 200 years after the era of Constantine that the Dabuyids after there second great war with the romans would destroy the kingdom of Mesopotamia and take Albania back

alternate flag map of Europe
GGG.png
Other than Narodnik Russia, this is monumentally cursed, but hey, who said all AH has to be blessed.

A map of proxy conflicts in Central and Eastern Europe.
DIkZFnh.png

Well, yes, technically it's just another boring analogue map. But let's pretend it's unrecognizable enough to be considered an original idea.

Cover of @Baconheimer and metalheadjohns (https://www.deviantart.com/metalheadjohn) Man in High Castle, set in 1st instead of 2nd world war...
Central powers curbstompped Entente and now rule the world.
German empire is now undisputed premier power and hegemon of Europe, all its former rivals totally defeated, humiliated if not destroyed.
Big surprise is Ottoman empire, formerly sick man of Europe, who catches its second breath, standing tall in ruins of european colonial empires as true leader of muslim world.
Then there is Habsburg monarchy, surprisingly still holds together, freed from external threats for now. Members of Habsburg house now rule not only in Danubian monarchy but also in Mexico, Brazil and Spain.
Japan, switching sides on time, remains as last (former) Entente state with great power status, and its consolidatinf its sphere of ifluence in Far East and Pacific.
Finally, there are Entente remnants, hating those, who defeated them and affraid of their former allies. Their remotness and insignificance protect them for now, so they can wait and dream about day of revenge...
00000 MidHB - copy.png

(well, maybe it isn´t finished, I would like to add notes, but for now...)
Any comment is welcome, I am prepared to answer questions, if there are any

A map of proxy conflicts in Central and Eastern Europe.
DIkZFnh.png

Well, yes, technically it's just another boring analogue map. But let's pretend it's unrecognizable enough to be considered an original idea.
Actually NGL I don't recognize the analogy. I do, however, quite like South Germany. The Yugoslav flag is interesting, but says very bad things about the ethnic balance of power, especially since it even includes Bulgaria.

Malo.png

Malorussia is a small Eastern European nation that borders inbetween Ukraine and Russia. Modern Malorussia was created due to a cartography error during the early mapping of the Russian Empire that persisted throughout Imperial Russian, and later the Soviet Union. Even after the collapse of the USSR, Malorussia managed to avoid the rather chaotic aftermath and even some of the fates other former SSRs, despite its luck Malorussia remains one of the poorest nations in Europe with a very small population relying on imports from Russian and Ukraine.

I made the base a while ago to go along with my other Arma inspired nation, I just filled it out, not much lore to this. Not the best, but idk, just decided to finish this.

View attachment 789042
Malorussia is a small Eastern European nation that borders inbetween Ukraine and Russia. Modern Malorussia was created due to a cartography error during the early mapping of the Russian Empire that persisted throughout Imperial Russian, and later the Soviet Union. Even after the collapse of the USSR, Malorussia managed to avoid the rather chaotic aftermath and even some of the fates other former SSRs, despite its luck Malorussia remains one of the poorest nations in Europe with a very small population relying on imports from Russian and Ukraine.

I made the base a while ago to go along with my other Arma inspired nation, I just filled it out, not much lore to this. Not the best, but idk, just decided to finish this.
What kind of error? The name seems to imply that the region was some kind of state-made and recognized subdivision, bc ofc, only the Russians themselves would name a region little Russia (or did the local people give it that name)?

All in all, more details would be cool, I'm curious. What's Arma?

Following that one up:

8acQMWL.jpg

Africa in Giant Canada World after 210 years of historical divergence, now with cities and more clearing-up of national borders. Real Africa has 50ish countries. This one has in the low 70s.

As mentioned before, this Africa largely happens without a Scramble - there is a steady push to claim tributary states and land in the Bight of Benin and expansion in South Africa, but for the most part, especially in the east and north, Africa is shaped by a handful of Great Games. The Ottomans remain a more potent influence here for longer, and the tendency of the European great powers is to clientize or bankroll sultans, kings and warlords against rivals bankrolled by other great powers. One of the biggest shapers is actually a heavily bankrolled Zanzibari trading empire, which has since broken down in the face of warlordism and local movements for self-determination.

The big boy on the continent is obviously Egypt, but there are some other obvious emerging powers. There are also some peculiarities, e.g. the bulk of Mozambique renaming (in large part because Mozambique City got eaten by Zanzibar and later picked off by the emerging Makua national movement).

The Middle East gets left blank because I haven't decided how that part of Giant Canada World playes out yet.

Cover of @Baconheimer and metalheadjohns (https://www.deviantart.com/metalheadjohn) Man in High Castle, set in 1st instead of 2nd world war...
Central powers curbstompped Entente and now rule the world.
German empire is now undisputed premier power and hegemon of Europe, all its former rivals totally defeated, humiliated if not destroyed.
Big surprise is Ottoman empire, formerly sick man of Europe, who catches its second breath, standing tall in ruins of european colonial empires as true leader of muslim world.
Then there is Habsburg monarchy, surprisingly still holds together, freed from external threats for now. Members of Habsburg house now rule not only in Danubian monarchy but also in Mexico, Brazil and Spain.
Japan, switching sides on time, remains as last (former) Entente state with great power status, and its consolidatinf its sphere of ifluence in Far East and Pacific.
Finally, there are Entente remnants, hating those, who defeated them and affraid of their former allies. Their remotness and insignificance protect them for now, so they can wait and dream about day of revenge...
View attachment 788969
(well, maybe it isn´t finished, I would like to add notes, but for now...)
Any comment is welcome, I am prepared to answer questions, if there are any
Why are Texas and South Carolina independent?

Yo, long time since I've posted here. I made this.

I also wrote this explanation for this...thing, right here (warning, it's 296 pages, and I forgot Cameroon and the Maldives :():
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15Z7Y6-lOiD91tmAEWx6B7YcAU3YcVyubsVbv0J3iq-I/edit?usp=sharing

What is this? It's Earth. Third planet from the sun. In the futuristic year of 2022. 59 years after Nikita Khruschev's fateful decision not to include "space" in the list of places where you couldn't detonate nuclear weapons according to the Partial Test-Ban Treaty. This would lead to, among other things, a very different version of the Outer Space Treaty, a new arms race in the 1970s to put as many weapons in orbit as possible, a race to reach and colonize other planets, a man on Mars by 1976, a woman on Venus by 1978, a live-action film adaptation of Sailor Moon in 2000 starring Britney Spears, a prank call gone wrong leading to nuclear war between India and Pakistan, commercial nuclear fusion by 2011 and 10,000 people on Saturn's moon, Titan.

I hope it's cool if I share this here (the map and the doc), if not it's totally cool if this post is removed.

dfhorsj-8ae6cf76-953c-4b8b-b8af-72620d15e45c.png

Yo, long time since I've posted here. I made this.

I also wrote this explanation for this...thing, right here (warning, it's 296 pages, and I forgot Cameroon and the Maldives :():
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15Z7Y6-lOiD91tmAEWx6B7YcAU3YcVyubsVbv0J3iq-I/edit?usp=sharing

What is this? It's Earth. Third planet from the sun. In the futuristic year of 2022. 59 years after Nikita Khruschev's fateful decision not to include "space" in the list of places where you couldn't detonate nuclear weapons according to the Partial Test-Ban Treaty. This would lead to, among other things, a very different version of the Outer Space Treaty, a new arms race in the 1970s to put as many weapons in orbit as possible, a race to reach and colonize other planets, a man on Mars by 1976, a woman on Venus by 1978, a live-action film adaptation of Sailor Moon in 2000 starring Britney Spears, a prank call gone wrong leading to nuclear war between India and Pakistan, commercial nuclear fusion by 2011 and 10,000 people on Saturn's moon, Titan.

I hope it's cool if I share this here (the map and the doc), if not it's totally cool if this post is removed.

dfhorsj-8ae6cf76-953c-4b8b-b8af-72620d15e45c.png
Bravo. Perhaps the most detailed map I've ever seen on this platform!

What's happening in South America?
I am affraid, that as usual, nothing happens in S. America : D
Brazil, as member of Entente was invaded and after being stripped of some of its territory, empire was restored (with Habsburg on the throne). Aside of it, S. A. is dominated by Germany.
Why are Texas and South Carolina independent?
Texas is part of buffer zone between Habsburg Mexico, Japanese west and German rest
South Carolina is puppet/occupational zone of Ottoman empire. Lots of Afro-americans ends there, many of them converted to islam.
(in metalheadjohn/baconheim map, there was Ottoman Louisiana, there (another map inspiring me), it was Florida - but I decided, that both are too strategically important for Germany to give them away)

Status
Not open for further replies.