How's the Start?

• Total voters
Not surprised with the partition of India as it is your policy to have India divided or weakened in all sorts of way every TL.
Though I wonder how Suhrawardy became the mayor of Kolkata as he was considered a goon and not even the Muslims of Kolkata had good things to say about him. Never noticed in previous updates that how the Muslim League which was a fringe party upto the 1940s and a minor one till 1942 Quit India Movement became so popular. The Nationalist party existing in this TL and moreover opposing the government on principle is a little hard to believe and compromising on allowing a British to be the secretary of the assembly is absolutely ASB. What is the fate of Assam

Anyways I should accept it as a writer's fatwa.

Afghanistan, Persia(or did it become Iran?), Arab Republic, Ottoman Empire, Egypt are the only independent Muslim countries right or are there more?

Are Rhineland and Prussia still under occupation? If so then why is France worried about a resurgent Germany?

Did major changes to the Olympic medal tally begin to occur?

Not surprised with the partition of India as it is your policy to have India divided or weakened in all sorts of way every TL.
Though I wonder how Suhrawardy became the mayor of Kolkata as he was considered a goon and not even the Muslims of Kolkata had good things to say about him. Never noticed in previous updates that how the Muslim League which was a fringe party upto the 1940s and a minor one till 1942 Quit India Movement became so popular. The Nationalist party existing in this TL and moreover opposing the government on principle is a little hard to believe and compromising on allowing a British to be the secretary of the assembly is absolutely ASB. What is the fate of Assam

Anyways I should accept it as a writer's fatwa.
While admittedly, a divided india is kind of my specialty i guess in post-1900 TLs, unlike my other timelines, all three countries that will emerge are actually going to be pretty prosperous and will have good relations with one another. They will have their own hiccups, of course as any country, but i guess the proper metaphor for this would be that the Three Post-Raj countries will be kind of like the Botswanas of Asia
What exactly does the restart of relationship with France entail for the Empire?
A stronger Mediterranean safety against any resurgent Italy, and more important, renewed and heightened economic ties
Are the Ottomans allied with the British formally?
yes
Afghanistan, Persia(or did it become Iran?), Arab Republic, Ottoman Empire, Egypt are the only independent Muslim countries right or are there more?
Pretty much yeah. Like iotl, before the pahvalis, the names Iran and persia are mostly used interchangeably, though the Iranians of course prefer iran
Are Rhineland and Prussia still under occupation? If so then why is France worried about a resurgent Germany?
They are under occupation by Belgium and Russia, that will end in mid-1924. France is always going to be worried about a resurgent Germany. After all in 1867 Prusia was of no threat to France but in 1871 Prussians were Paris. France will decidedly not try to underestimate the germans
Did major changes to the Olympic medal tally begin to occur?
after the 1924 Olympics of this chapter, yes the tallies will start to change. New countries and old countries having different performances will inevitably change the tallies

Awesome, I want to see an Mexican-Ottoman treaty of a kind so the u.s doesn't ruin mexico by making them into u.s... I don't like america if you haven't notice since they have a history ruining Mexico...
ittl, i do intend to have Mexico become a 'latin american' tiger if you would

I find a secularism promoting Caliph to be quite hilarious.
Well he won't actually be promoting secularism as we know it today. It had quite different connotations then for the ottomans which Is what Abdulmejid II and the other reformists are talking about. It had a more religiously tolerant and 'lets not talk about religion during politics and let's not talk politics during religion' in government kind of connotation for the Ottomans, for being a caliphate, full secularism as we know it is impossible for the Ottomans.

I feel Hui Chinese will live a bloom. Also, an open gate for islamic economic cooperation with the biggest market at this time, China.
Im sure the Ministry of Pious Affairs will take note on the numbers of the Islamic Conference, more specifically in the potential number of pilgrims to Mecca, and if its available, how to ease their religious duties.

I feel Hui Chinese will live a bloom. Also, an open gate for islamic economic cooperation with the biggest market at this time, China.
Im sure the Ministry of Pious Affairs will take note on the numbers of the Islamic Conference, more specifically in the potential number of pilgrims to Mecca, and if its available, how to ease their religious duties.
Indeed. The ministry of pious affairs takes care of the pilgrims travelling to Mecca and Medina.

I have to say it's interesting seeing how India's going and tbh, I don't think it's a surprise Bengal and ''Pakistan'' area kind of destined to emerge as politically hostile regions, their is no much trade flowing from the Russian empire, the Chinese civil going on, Persia's still fixing itself and Bengal Burma's setting itself up, Chinese civil war ect there's are areas with far greater potential to invest in and better trading potential. So it's kind of natural they would neglected during the dominion era.

Other thing is those Islamic conferences, I imagine are A going to significantly alter the world in terms of Islamic theology and likely to attempts of other religions to try and meet up to as a united front and B the source of conspiracy for imperialists around the globe as to why their Muslim populations keep rebelling, probably something like those scholars all secretly swore a oath of loyalty to the Caliph and the Ottoman empire is doing a secret global Jihad.

Though one interesting thing is about the way your write, It's nice to confirm Indonesia exists in this timeline.

What a good chapter. I love how you include countries that I wouldn’t expect to have been impacted by the events and are relatively obscure in the focus of the TL. The practice is great and I’ve only seen it done as well as in No Southern Strategy which covered obscure topics such as Papal Conclaves, Austria, and Serbia. So good job on that and I hope TTL influences more TLs to take an approach like this of covering countries most people wouldn’t think about.

Welfare Capitalism is very interesting. It sounds like a form of quasi-social democracy that could gain steam in other parts of the world.

In terms of Feminist Reform will we ever see a ruling Sultana?

I could see that happening, but the first time it'd have to be a situation where there were no male successors in the main line at all. And the first woman to hold the position would probably have to be twice as visibly pious and proper as any male ruler, because she'd have a lot of eyes on her.

In terms of Feminist Reform will we ever see a ruling Sultana? In terms of India what of other areas that OTL were not keen on joining India ie Hydrabad?
I do intend to have a reigning Sultana + Calipha in the future for the Ottoman Empire.
In regards to the Princely States, well i intend to keep them as subnational monarchies rather than full on independent. Besides Sikkim, and the Northeast Princely States, basically none of them had popular support for independence.

What a good chapter. I love how you include countries that I wouldn’t expect to have been impacted by the events and are relatively obscure in the focus of the TL. The practice is great and I’ve only seen it done as well as in No Southern Strategy which covered obscure topics such as Papal Conclaves, Austria, and Serbia. So good job on that and I hope TTL influences more TLs to take an approach like this of covering countries most people wouldn’t think about.
The survival of a United Middle East has many effects that will effect everyone, so i do intend to write about those effects in full.
Welfare Capitalism is very interesting. It sounds like a form of quasi-social democracy that could gain steam in other parts of the world.
Well Welfare Capitalism otl as well is basically quasi-social democracy so yeah

I could see that happening, but the first time it'd have to be a situation where there were no male successors in the main line at all. And the first woman to hold the position would probably have to be twice as visibly pious and proper as any male ruler, because she'd have a lot of eyes on her.
Not so much male successors, but she would have to marry a third or fourth cousin to make sure that the direct lineage of the House of Osman is carried through.