WI: A Third Hittite Empire is established.

Just read this TL, and I must say, it's very good. This era itself is definately not my area of expertise (heh, if I even have one), but it's quite interesting nonetheless. Perhaps you could think about expanding the map a bit so we could see Carthaginian territory, and whatever else is going on away from the 'Near East'?

tetsu-katana said:
Just read this TL, and I must say, it's very good. This era itself is definately not my area of expertise (heh, if I even have one), but it's quite interesting nonetheless. Perhaps you could think about expanding the map a bit so we could see Carthaginian territory, and whatever else is going on away from the 'Near East'?

Ask and ye shall receive. :)

hittitemap8A.jpg

Bejeusus! That is a small a** map! Kinda hard to distinguish which is the Chi and Chu kingdoms. I like the Highlander nod-
in the end, there can be only one
Overall, a good TL and equal of quality as the Egypt TL! With Hittite in command of Egypt, what happens to those Egyptians in exile in Kush? Will Kush be bigger as a result of that? How progressed has the bow become? Why aren't the Celts on the map? How come Macedonia is spared? Will there be a list of Hittite/Persian rulers in the near future?

G.Bone said:
Bejeusus! That is a small a** map! Kinda hard to distinguish which is the Chi and Chu kingdoms.

Yeah, I am looking for a bigger one.

G.Bone said:
With Hittite in command of Egypt, what happens to those Egyptians in exile in Kush? Will Kush be bigger as a result of that?

I haven't decided yet. I imagine Kush will become somewhat a thorn in the side of the Hittites.

G.Bone said:
How progressed has the bow become?

About the same as OTL.

G.Bone said:
Why aren't the Celts on the map?

Because, although they played a significant role in history, they did not form a state at this time. It was all tribal groups.

G.Bone said:
How come Macedonia is spared?

Because the Hittite retreated from Europe. Basically the Macedonians lay low during the Hittite invasion, like they did when Persia invaded in OTL.

G.Bone said:
Will there be a list of Hittite/Persian rulers in the near future?

There will be a list of Hittite rulers...once I decide just how far the Hittites are going to continue to exist as an independent entity.

Another great Installment, althoguh true...the Hitties we don't have to make it iinto the present but I would atleast survie untill the arrival of the caliphate. Maybe and Macedonian and Hittite Aliance can take out Perisa, Kush, Carthage and Rome. I would also like to see an more corthwestern expansion by either the Hittites or The Macedonians.

Phaeton said:
Another great Installment, althoguh true...the Hitties we don't have to make it iinto the present but I would atleast survie untill the arrival of the caliphate. Maybe and Macedonian and Hittite Aliance can take out Perisa, Kush, Carthage and Rome. I would also like to see an more corthwestern expansion by either the Hittites or The Macedonians.

Take out Rome? Do you want to give Dominus Novus a coronary? :D

Religious dimensions

That has to be substantial religious repucussions to a Persian conquest of India. This was at the time when the excesses of Brahmanism caused a multifaceted backlash which included Buddhism. Interesting in the Zoroastrian creed Ahuras are the Gods and devils are bad while in the Vedas the Deva are gods and the Asuras are demonic. So there is something of a reversal that took place in antiquity and now the asura worshippers are ruling Inidia. Could this give rise to a Hindu zealotry? Could Buddhism become peripheral, no more important than the Jains?

Tom_B said:
That has to be substantial religious repucussions to a Persian conquest of India. This was at the time when the excesses of Brahmanism caused a multifaceted backlash which included Buddhism. Interesting in the Zoroastrian creed Ahuras are the Gods and devils are bad while in the Vedas the Deva are gods and the Asuras are demonic. So there is something of a reversal that took place in antiquity and now the asura worshippers are ruling Inidia. Could this give rise to a Hindu zealotry? Could Buddhism become peripheral, no more important than the Jains?

Hindu zealotry is possible. It is also possible that, if the Hindus are still worshipping Devas at this time period, the Persians will forcibly put down Hinduism, concluding that Hindu gods are servants of Ahriman...and that therefore it is the duty of the Persian Zoroastrian king to destroy their cults. I will have to do some research into that subject.

Unless the Hittites give him free passage through their territory, The only way I can see the Macedonians, go northward, then west to attacking the persians.

Straha said:
relax would he notice it?

It was a joke, Staha. :rolleyes: But I have noted that every time a timeline looks like it is going to lead to the fall of Rome, DN makes it known that he would rather it not go that way. Which is fine, of course. :)

Straha

Banned
robertp6165 said:
It was a joke, Staha. :rolleyes: But I have noted that every time a timeline looks like it is going to lead to the fall of Rome, DN makes it known that he would rather it not go that way. Which is fine, of course. :)
simply don't post TLs in the ancient era

Phaeton said:
Unless the Hittites give him free passage through their territory, The only way I can see the Macedonians, go northward, then west to attacking the persians.

Since the Greeks have had very little contact with Persia, I question whether the Macedonians will be thinking of attacking the Persians at all. In OTL they attacked Persia because Persia had been "the enemy" of the Greeks since about 500 BC. Alexander burned Persepolis in retaliation for the burning of Athens in 480 BC. None of that happened in the ATL.

Instead, the Greeks in the ATL have two enemies...Hatti and Carthage. Hatti did invade Greece once, but unlike the Persians was not overly destructive. But in the years since, Hatti and Greece have had a relatively peaceful relationship. Carthage, on the other hand, is on the move right at this time, and the Greeks in Sicily are in somewhat dire straits. But that in Sicily...not in Macedon's normal field of interest.

So which way will Phillip and Alexander turn? I have yet to puzzle it all out, but I will... ;)

robertp6165 said:
Well, I actually enjoy DN's input on the timelines. Maybe you could get a sense of humour and that would solve the problem? :D

lol
Like I said, Rome can and should fall. Can't have them surviving every timeline. But that doesn't mean they can't have some fun before then. ;-)

After rereading this last bit...I have concluded that Mayby an War Beetween Carthage and Hatti will Allow The Estrucians to retake rome(I have an compelsion that Rome doesn't nesscarily have to become as big as it did in OTL). I can also see Hittite Expansion north of the Caspian Sea, onto Europe.

Old Testament

While everyone is interested in Rome, I think the changes you've made in the development in Judaism are fascinating. The Bible should be very different in this TL for one thing.