WI Guam

Hi Dave. Welcome to the board. Please don't post comments on threads in the Finished Timelines section. I split your posts off since you put a lot of effort into them.
Thanks, CalBear asked me to post a link in my story I tried and failed could you help? also the original story WI Guam could this thread be moved to the story?

After I finished this timeline and posted it to the finnished timelines, I thought and thought about this thread. I have been doing more research
I think I wrapped it up to soon, I think now that I should have included: more air battles, more of an attempt by Japan to land troops and maybe showing the US taking Rota.

I am postiiing this to I hope get more feed back about these ideas.

My question is should I attempt to rewrite the story to include these thoughts or should I go on to a new story?

Wiki states that Rota Island is under Imperial Japanese Army & Naval garrison units...
About 950 to 1031 Army Men in Brigade Strength under Major Shigeo Imagawa of the 10th Independent Mixed Brigade unit.

The Naval personnel is a detachment of the 41st Guard Unit of at least 600 Naval sailors...

That's about 1600 Combat Troops plus whatever air support that Tinian & Saipan can scrounge up from their other losses caused by Guam Island...

Not sure when these Troopers were garrison on these particular Islands...

I suspect it would take at least three combat regiments (One Division worths') of Marines plus air & naval assets to pound & invade Rota Is. into total submission ....

I'm not sure the the USN right now is capable of supporting a Task Force to airstrike the ground defenders and also launch an amphibious Marine Assault upon the Island Defenders...

The USMC might not have the necessary Amtraks and landing crafts available to launch a three-prong Regimental strength strike nor support it with Tanks and Artillery and have enough logistical ships to supply them with the necessary supplies to keep them viable for at least a week or two of staying in the region to make sure that Rota is totally under U.S. control...

They might still have some CVs still available but not the Battleships to bombard the Island to try to suppress the troops there...

It would almost be a shoe-string Ops ....

Instead of Tawara being a shock to the USN & USMC ...
It might be Rota being a shock at seeing how determine the Imperial Japanese troops are fanatical at fighting to the last man, bullet and knife on an Island......

please continue

Would really like to see this continue, consider what impact this could have on 42-43 amphibious doctrine and opens up more possibilities for use of USMC Raiders in their intended role as well as possible use of Parachute BN / Regiment of fwd airbases are available. Also what happens to the rest of the pacific campaign particularly in SoWesPAC

My question is should I attempt to rewrite the story to include these thoughts or should I go on to a new story?

I'd read either one.

A minor point: when doing major re-writes to a story, it is easy to accidentally introduce continuity problems which AH members will jump on like starving puppies. :)

Yes. . .

about continuity problems. But not if you rename it, and say outright you are redoing it.

Good for it! I don't know if the USN could support and operation like that, but it depeands on how you do it. Maybe you should start back over and improve it, or finish it off as a different TL. But either way you should do it.